Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet soda

hey!

okay ive been trying to lose a few pounds and i have been doing this by eating better and excising like 3-4 times a week.

anyway i gave up regular soda and have been only having diet-i heard giving up reg. soda causes u to lose a lot of weight. its not hard for me cuz i actually like the taste. and I always had it back home cuz thats all my dad would buy. but i just heard that it could actually make u gain weight or not help at all. and its dangerous. i have like 2 glasses a day and im worried that i just should have water from now on but that would be really hard for me too do.

any idea about this?

thanks!
    rb forever

i do that too. sugar pop is nothing but garbage. diet pop has nothing except sodium except in some pops like coke zero and shit like that. ive lost prolly 10 pounds from giving up sugar pop since i'd drink a lot everyday b4. plus i work out now. you'll lose some weight but it will take a long time.
    R.I.P. Proof

Volvo. for Life

Comment

thnx! repped
      rb forever

Comment

I have no idea how it can make you gain weight as there are no crabohydrats in it, and pretty much no protien

the suger substitute is aspertame and it is made from a protien, there is some word going around that aspertame can cause cancer... but there is no hard scientific evidence.
        New old song of mine Dedicated
        Dedicated

Comment

Any type of soda is bad for you. It contains phosphate, and phosphate works to replace the calcium in your bones. Now, it is possible to replace this phosphate with calcium yet again, but phosphate is much quicker to take the place of calcium than calcium is to take the place of phosphate. What this means is, the more soda you drink, the more brittle you become. Your bones become very weak, and it opens doors to Osteoperosis. So after about ffiteen to twenty years of always drinking soda pretty much every day, you aren't going to be very strong. Ever since I learned this in chemistry class (and even before it), I've stayed away from soda. For almost three months now.

It's hard at first, but you get used to it. Now everytime I'm thirsty I don't even think about soda. I go straight for the Zephryhillz or Evian water that's in the fridge. I've grown to really love the taste of it. Now soda is so nasty and very unappealing to me. The carbonation is just too acidic for me to take down now.
          Love, live life, proceed, progress

Comment

^^ i agree its easy to get used to just drinking water, or i drink Capri Sun aswell, its a clean food, just contains water, fruit juice and sugar, nothin like whats in fizzy juice. infact fizzy juice makes me feel sick now
            Originally posted by A n D y
            is paul wall really that good? i dont listen to his stuff because his face is kinda weird
            lmao

Comment

Its so true, once you start drinking water, you get totally used to it, and soda wont even appeal anymore. I been drinking water for months now and I used to ALWAYS drink coca cola light but I dont miss it one bit and dont really like it anymore. I dont know if its bad for you though, I doubt that, at least there is no evidence for that. But water is at least better for your teeth lol.
              AIM: watch dees81

http://www.myspace.com/famousandflame

Comment

^there's plnety of evidence of soda being bad for you. refer to my first post in here.
                Love, live life, proceed, progress

Comment

water > *

Comment

Soda is extremely corrosive, and one can only imagine what it does to your body.

1. In many states, the highway patrol carries a few gallons of Soft Drinks in order to remove blood from the highway after auto accidents.

2. Place a T-bone steak in a bowl of Soft Drinks and it will be gone in 2-3 days. The meat is consumed by the acid of the cola.

3. Toilet Cleaning: Pour a can of Soft Drinks into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush. It magically cleans better than if you had scrubbed it. The citric acid in Soft Drinks also removes stains from vitreous china.

4. Remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Soft Drinks.

5. Clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour Soft Drinks over the terminals and the ultra-acid soft drink bubble away the alkaline corrosion in seconds.

6. Loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Soft Drinks to the rusted bolt for several minutes and loosens with a fraction of the effort.

7. Baked ham: Empty a can of Soft Drinks into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Soft Drinks for sumptuous brown gravy.

8. Remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Soft Drinks into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Soft Drinks will help loosen grease stains. It is also an excellent cleaner road haze from your windshield.

9. The active ingredient in Soft Drinks is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.

10. To transport Soft Drinks syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

11. The distributors of Soft Drinks have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!
                    Be Humble or Get Humbled

Comment

you are better off with the water and then buying those little flavor packs like this to add to the water.

Zero calories and you still get a little flavor that isn't pack with sugar like the majority of fruit juices, sodas (diet or regular)

also watch out for High Fructose Corn Syrup. Its just sugar and its in everything. That in large quantities is why we live in FAT nation.
                      I'm an angel.. Honest
                      The horns are just there to keep the halo straight

Comment

im actually trying to gain weight but I gave up Soda anyways....my family (grandma and great-grandma) suffered from kidney problems so im trying to avoid that while im young....

I pee a lot more now....I used to never drink water so this is a huge change...its only been about 3 weeks...
                        My aliases:
                        TheMan
                        OnTheShelf
                        Masai
                        =W= (the poster formally known as TWIB)

Comment

I'm trying to get addicted to water also. I'm doing better than before, but I can't help but have a can of Mountain Dew every other day. I'd like to think I could give up soda completely though... some day.
                          @yeldarb367

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Vic Romano, Today, 10:01 AM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Vic Romano