The Moons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Moons

I was watchin' this neato thing on The Science Channel today abotu how there are ninety-five worlds to choose from, in which can inhabit human life. They say that some planets' moons, and even some planets, can inhabit life in some billion years or so. Or somethin' like that.

Any thoughts or interesting facts related to this subject that you'd like to share?

Go right on ahead, buddIes! YAY!
    Love, live life, proceed, progress

If we develop the ability to terraform, we can make Mars habitable again, take over Pluto, our Moon, Mars' moons, Jupiter's moons and beyond...

So it won't really matter. And this technology should be a top priority. That way humans won't be such a cancer on our planet anymore, we can spread out and have a few hundred million people on different planets and moons.

That's why they have a flag for the planet Mars. It's a tri-color flag, with 3 horizontal stripes.

Red for it's current form, Green in the center for plant life and Blue to the right for water in the hopes we can one day terra-form Mars.

Comment

sending people to mars or building a lunar base would be
      the first steps to expanding our species out into the universe.
      i wish i could be alive to see that.

Comment

^same here

Comment

this is why i'd live forever, 2 see wat the fuck will happen in the years 2 come
          Originally posted by FunkySuicideGirl
          Ima sucker when some suck my lip or bite in it
          Originally posted by Syko Squidge
          ^
          fuck off you gay piece of cunt
          Originally posted by Otto
          That shit is fuck,

Comment

if they open a walmart on mars i might apply there someday
            FUCK YOU BITCH!!!! YEA YOU

Comment

thatd be cool to live on mars

Comment

Is Mars the only choice we have right now?

It sure seems like it.

Comment

the other planets have suitable atomospheres on sustaining human life thought they will never be truthful enough on telling us that because people get killed or payed millions of dollars for keeping their mouths shut

Comment

hopefully we dont blow are selfs up before we get to mars.. =(.. i hope ima live to see we do start gettin people to live on mars..
                    aka Fifty0550

Comment

I love space!

Comment

Originally posted by Symptom
                        Is Mars the only choice we have right now?

It sure seems like it.
                        Mars does have a sustainable atmosphere for humans.

How do I have the audacity to claim this when NASA says otherwise? Simple. They bullshitting people.

If there's microscoping life on Mars, weather, rain and lets not forget-A SKY, then it has to be sustainable.

First of all, the microscopic life is a big fucking hint.

Secondly, NASA officially states that Mars has an atmospheric percentage(I forget the exact terminology) of 1%.

When if there was only an atmosphere 1%, it would be IMPOSSIBLE for all of the aforementioned facts. BECAUSE, then Mars would be like the Moon. You could easily see space from it's surface, and there would be no weather, no sky etcetera...

Now, last point.

There is a LOT of methane gas in Mars atmosphere, which NASA agrees with and supports and has said so.

Now what produces Methane gas? You're sitting there reading my post, and you're giving off methane gas.

Your dog, cat, whatever is giving off methane gas. Elephants, tigers, platapuses, whatever.

Life gives off methane gas. Nothing else.

Put 2 and 2 together. I'd say Mars is habitable from the evidence NASA has provided, although they won't outright put the pieces together for the idiots. You just gotta play connect the dots and catch them in a few fibs(i.e. 1% atmosphere)

So there you have it.

oh and think about this.

NASA says Venus has a surface temperture of over 500 degrees. Alright, fair enough. So how did, before they knew that, they land a baloon like thing there and take photos of the surface?

Comment

^Hm, that's all very interesting, and I agree with you.

Good question.

I think they are infact lying.

But why would they lie? It's not like they would save themselves money - in any note, wouldn't they make more money by sending people to Mars, because they could make those people pay them to take them to Mars.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry
                            Mars does have a sustainable atmosphere for humans.
                            How do I have the audacity to claim this when NASA says otherwise? Simple. They bullshitting people.
                            If there's microscoping life on Mars, weather, rain and lets not forget-A SKY, then it has to be sustainable.
                            First of all, the microscopic life is a big fucking hint.
                            Secondly, NASA officially states that Mars has an atmospheric percentage(I forget the exact terminology) of 1%.
                            When if there was only an atmosphere 1%, it would be IMPOSSIBLE for all of the aforementioned facts. BECAUSE, then Mars would be like the Moon. You could easily see space from it's surface, and there would be no weather, no sky etcetera...
                            Now, last point.
                            There is a LOT of methane gas in Mars atmosphere, which NASA agrees with and supports and has said so.
                            Now what produces Methane gas? You're sitting there reading my post, and you're giving off methane gas.
                            Your dog, cat, whatever is giving off methane gas. Elephants, tigers, platapuses, whatever.
                            Life gives off methane gas. Nothing else.
                            Put 2 and 2 together. I'd say Mars is habitable from the evidence NASA has provided, although they won't outright put the pieces together for the idiots. You just gotta play connect the dots and catch them in a few fibs(i.e. 1% atmosphere)
                            So there you have it.
                            oh and think about this.
                            NASA says Venus has a surface temperture of over 500 degrees. Alright, fair enough. So how did, before they knew that, they land a baloon like thing there and take photos of the surface?
                            i agree to the fullest and if mars was just a big ass chunk of outter space rock then why is all these countries trying to go over there(I)

good read lord harry

Comment

Because of the abundance of hydrogen in the solar nebula, the early atmosphere of the Earth was probably laden with hydrogen and hydrogen rich molecules such as methane, ammonia and water vapour (similar to that on Jupiter and Saturn today). It is thought that the creation of the Earth's early atmosphere was due to the late accretion of meteorites and comets rich in 'volatile elements', such as hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen and oxygen, which would have vaporized on collision with the Earth. Most of the hydrogen molecules probably escaped during the first few hundred million years because the Earth's gravitational field was too weak to retain them.
                              looks like methane isn't just made by life, it can be made from carbon and hydrogen with the right amounts of energy, that above the standard enthalpy of formation.

Also I doubt Mars is habitable in its current state, the atmosphere is a lot thinner than that of the earth and it is composed of different gases, i.e mostly carbon dioxide, the atmospheric pressure is also only about 0.7% of that of earth (at sea level) and the seasonal variations in temperature are too much for humans to cope with.

It's true that Mars may be inhabitable, but I doubt it'll be as easy to colonise as some people are trying to make out in this thread (no hate to Harry, that was definitely a good post)

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Cokiger, 10-24-2021, 06:16 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Heun
                              by Heun

Started by Jull1968, Today, 03:24 AM