So I got an A on my comparative essay ... Its pretty cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got an A on my comparative essay ... Its pretty cool

BMW - Mercedes, Ford - Chevy, Ferrari - Porsche, Mitsubishi - Subaru. Rivalries like these make racing the sport that it is adding excitement, anger and sweat to every race. A good rivalry helps define one's priorities, revealing each opponents' strengths, and looking close enough, imperfections and weaknesses. The updated Subaru WRX STi and the all-new Mitsubishi Evo 9 MR - for Mitsubishi Racing- Edition are both produced in order to compete in the World Rally Championship.
    The new Evo comes with a few changes: it offers 276 horsepower turbo four which is five horses more than lasts year edition due to a larger diameter turbo nozzle and a circular wastegate. A three-mode hydraulically controlled center differential is fitted instead of a viscous limited-slip one. Helical-type limited slip unit replaces an open front differential. The biggest gain in driveability comes with the introduction of inverted Bilstein monotube dampers and lighter BBS wheels. The new six-speed manual transmission keeps the revs in the meaty part of the power curve better than the previous car's wide-geared five speed. Subaru also continues to polish its models. The new WRX STi comes with wheels that are half inch wider and which firm up the tires' sidewalls and square off their shoulders for better grip and precision. The revised helical-type limited-slip front differential better transmits power to the road thought the front wheels with the most traction. The new ABS controller makes the STi's outstanding brakes even more responsive. The optional short shift kit for the six-speed transmission gear makes selection a no-brainer and feedback more assuring.
    The Subaru runs a horizontally opposed four-cylinder engine while the Mitsubishi preferred the inline-four. The total power production feels different even if it is almost identical on paper. The STi's displacement advantage of 0.46 liter and variable valve timing is responsible for only part of the difference. The lumpy boxer builds power more smoothly and in a linear fashion compared with the aggressive Mitsubishi's 4G63 I-4. The peak horsepower at the wheels for the Subaru is 233 at 5500 rpm, while the Mitsubishi runs 239 horsepower at 6400 rpm.
    The Evo's less turbo lag combined with the new six-speed transmission give an instant throttle response in every gear. The race-quick shifter has Teflon coated cables which make the Evo easy to drive smoothly. The MR accelerates hard and easily shifts gears without falling out of power band; if the clutch is pressed, the engine bangs off an artificial 5000-rpm rev limiter. The Evo accelerates from 0 to 30 mph in just 1.5 seconds and sixty arrives in second gear after 4.7 seconds on the way to a 13.3 quarter mile time just at over 102 mph. Launching the STi is far easier and more entertaining than the MR. Wind the engine up to 6000 rpm, dump the clutch and hang on. First the rear wheels bark, then the fronts and finally all four produce a puff of white smoke followed by black stripes. Just 1.2 seconds to 30-mph and if the Subaru would be able to reach 60 mph in second gear, it would surely beat the MR because adding the time to grab third means a dead-heat of 4.7 seconds.
    Dissecting performance into little packages is interesting, but putting everything together on the track is what really counts when talking about cars. Running laps in the Mitsubishi is a real point-and-shoot exercise. At very high speeds, there is nothing much a driver can do about the preordained trajectory more gas, more steering or even left foot braking do not help in those critical corners. Subaru's rear-biased all wheel drive is more seamless and effective at distributing torque to the right axle at precisely the right time. But in the end, the Mitsubishi feels lighter and is easier to place exactly where wanted on the track.
    It would be easier to declare a better car between these two if one car would embarrass the other. Both cars are surprisingly capable rally machines that scream to the masses with their outrageous body kits and "go ahead, try me" attitude. With two cars so evenly matched, it comes down to the driver's abilities rather than the cars'. Ultimately, the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR Edition provides a slight performance advantage over the Subaru Impreza WRX STi, which is a better choice for most people. The Mitsubishi wins, but the Subaru will reply shortly. People love a good feud and only good things come from this ongoing competition for rally-bred street supremacy
    smoke weed

Chill.

Good read

Have you actually driven both of these cars or did you just research everything?
    NEW YORK YANKEES

Originally posted by Swizz
    sigged

Comment

Good work on the "A". Seems like a very good essay. I hate comparative study in English in school though, Ive always had problems of linking the points in a compartive essay. Im really hoping I wont get a compartive essay in my exams in June!!

Comment

Well I have an evo, 4 of my friends have subarus ... so Ive driven both, raced them and all, but in the essay almost everything is research. Im a car nerd
        smoke weed

Chill.

Comment

Nice nice, I've driven a subaru, I like it, never got my hands on an evo though. I'm saving up to buy a 97 Supra twin turbo, I can't wait.
          NEW YORK YANKEES

Originally posted by Swizz
          sigged

Comment

^^ I like ur avy

Im not a big fan on the supra, but its a good car ... Ive driven some ..

A car that I loved was a 91 nissan 300ZX ... great car ! Really impressed
            smoke weed

Chill.

Comment

Nice, Anda. I've had to write a Narrative Essay and last night a Process Essay on disciplining children last night, lol.
              I'm pre-disastrous, I fuck shit up before it happens
              Like blown engines of Airplanes with snorin' captains

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 12:27 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Deborahlanker