HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skeptical Of God's Existance... (Need Advice)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Skeptical Of God's Existance... (Need Advice)

    sup everybody i know this isn't any intervention religious awakening forum but you guys are the smartest muthafuckaz on the board and i figured this topic would be kind of interesting...well im 16 and have been goin to a catholic school all my life but have never really been religious..dont go to church every sunday, dont go to confession or anything, but ive always believed in God, and on occasion would pray at night when i needed some assistance. Recently however, while in the midst of reading Angels & Demons, ive had alot of different thoughts about God. For those of you who havn't read the book, the book in no way implies that there is no God, but its a book that sparks alot of thought. Now it's not to say that the book influenced me, but after reading it i really started thinking about all these years learning about the bible now realizing how unrealistic it is. I do in fact believe that Jesus of Nazerath existed, and was an extremely brilliant man, but when it comes to being the son of God, i begin to get skeptical. Not only that but it should be clear to EVERYONE that the majority of the stories in the old testament are just that, STORIES. But at the same time i see in the world we live in how incredably strongly soem people feel towards their religion. People devote their entire lives to the belief of religious texts, and beleive that their way of thinking is the correct one. A Christian could come with a legitimate convincing argument why christianity is correct, as could a muslim and jew with their religions. How could everybody be 100% positive they are correct, when there are people who believe the exact oposite and think THEY are 100% correct? The lack of open-mindedness astonishes me, and i begin to realize that if such people are so naive to believe they are right and everyone else is wrong, why would i want to share their beliefs? Perhaps im just hitting a stage in my life where i dont believe there is anything more powefull than what lies in front of me, but the feeling is very discomforting. Truth being, i WANT to believe in God, and the fact that im becoming skeptical bothers me because it is an extremely uncomfortable thought to believe that while im alive, i am in it for myself and there is nobody of a higher power looking out for me, and that when i die, it will simply be the end and everything i ever knew will be gone. I don't want to believe these things but in my mind they begin to seem more and more likely.

    but yeah, thats just a bit of whats going through my mind lately, and im wodnering if any of you have any imput, cuz its beginning to bother me.
    Check My New EP Diversify w. UK Producer Jay Dizla
    Canada + UK Revolutionary Underground Hip Hop
    Don't Sleep.

    ***
    LOST

  • #2
    Let me try to explain my thought on all the religions on the world, i hope this helps, but this might be mad confusing cause i woke up too early this morning, and been working way too much. Anyway, let me try to explain,

    I believe that every single thought that we, as human beings, think has already been thought by God. Our bodies and more importantly, our brain is made in the image of God, and it says this in the bible, the koran, and torah (We made man in our image). This means, to me atleast, that everysingle thought that a human being every thought, must have been thought by God at one time or another. So in that context, then every single religion, wheter its islam, hinduism, buddism etc... must have been created by God thoughts through humans, which means that, they are all right, because if God is the almight, and devine, then doesn't that make all of his thoughts pure and correct?

    For me, i dont believe in any organized religion. I read and studied all the major religions and learned from them, but dont really follow them. In my opinion, religion is nothing other then a road to be one with God. I think that if a person is already connected to God spiritually, then that person doesn't need religion. This could be proven in the Koran. In the Koran, it talks about how, prophet Adam, Abraham, Noah, Moses, Jesus, and all others were muslims. The thing is though, these people didnt pray 5 times a day, and didnt fast for during the month of ramadan. These people however, submitted their will to God, which is the definition of a muslim. Also, in the Koran it says that, God's true religion is Submission. In other words, if you submitted yourself to God already, then u dont need any religion.

    I dont know if you could understand that, cause i might have not explained it good due to being tired. ill deff try to clear this up and add more to it in the morning, after i get some rest.

    peace

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Retro Fo View Post
      Perhaps im just hitting a stage in my life where i dont believe there is anything more powefull than what lies in front of me, but the feeling is very discomforting. Truth being, i WANT to believe in God, and the fact that im becoming skeptical bothers me because it is an extremely uncomfortable thought to believe that while im alive
      you are an atheist, you're just not ready to admit it. you're at the stage that it feels weird and makes you feel guilty whenever you have doubts. you desperately want to believe in a higher power, but in your heart you dont believe. you're trying to reverse all the things you've been taught about religion and its a confusing process that will sometimes make you sad or feel awkward. little by little you will begin to distance yourself from religion and after self realization and educating yourself you will realize that you dont need religion or a belief in a god. i promise these things will happen. remember, you dont need religion to be a good person. the first step is asking yourself, "Why do i believe in god??" so do that and the rest will follow.

      Comment


      • #4
        your first paragraph involving thoughts was very interesting, but it seems at some points to go against one of the main points made by God, that humans have free will. If we were designed to think thoughts that God has thought, then we dont have a free will to think

        your second paragraph, however, i could not agree more with. Everything u said there feels like i could have written it myself, but i never had evidence from the Qu'ran to back it up, so thanks for making that even more clear than i had already believed it to be.

        i appreciate the input bro, and anyone else whod like to give their 2 cents, feel free and encouraged!

        azad, i repped u

        EDIT: fastspinz, i didn't see your post before making this post, imma read it right now
        Check My New EP Diversify w. UK Producer Jay Dizla
        Canada + UK Revolutionary Underground Hip Hop
        Don't Sleep.

        ***
        LOST

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Retro Fo View Post
          your first paragraph involving thoughts was very interesting, but it seems at some points to go against one of the main points made by God, that humans have free will. If we were designed to think thoughts that God has thought, then we dont have a free will to think

          your second paragraph, however, i could not agree more with. Everything u said there feels like i could have written it myself, but i never had evidence from the Qu'ran to back it up, so thanks for making that even more clear than i had already believed it to be.

          i appreciate the input bro, and anyone else whod like to give their 2 cents, feel free and encouraged!

          azad, i repped u

          EDIT: fastspinz, i didn't see your post before making this post, imma read it right now
          no problem bro, im just happy that u understood it and that i do not have to clear it all up for me.

          Comment


          • #6
            Believe what you feel you should believe and make your own decision without having to be influenced. You dont have to believe in organized religion to believe that there is a form of God.

            Whatever feels right man.
            Hunger for the drama, hunger for the nurture. Gonna take it further, the hurt feels like murder.

            Comment


            • #7
              Nice. Another person who had a Catholic religion. I'm not isolated after all.
              But yeah...people dont ride on just textual stories and go there and belive.
              People expeience God and such, so yeah. I'm sure an atheist will
              probably say THOSE WHO THEY SAY THEY'VE EXPERIENCED GOD ARE
              LYING or THEYRE JUST STUPID AS FUCK, but whatever. Thats for you
              to judge.

              About 90% of this board is atheist, so this is the worst place to ask for
              advice.
              Last edited by McWannaBe; 02-18-2007, 06:50 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                critical thinkers are all skeptical about god...he cannot be proven its all based on faith...if you are a fact person then you are more likely not to believe in god or religion. religion is a nonrational philosophy that some see as absolute truth while others see the opposite side of the philosophical spectrum, math, to be absolute truth, they are more likely atheists.

                i leave an open mind about god, im not religious but im not atheist either. no one can disprove him and no one can prove him, all people can have are educated opinions on him (or uneducated) (depends also on what people find more educational, science or theology). no one can say they experienced god, its impossible for those of faith to tell the difference between intuition and wishful thinking, if the feeling is real enough for you though then life can also be what you make it...im an existialist but also am sympathetic with culture creatives.
                Last edited by Leatha Face; 02-20-2007, 08:49 PM.
                I think it should be done to you
                Kill furriers, rip off their heads
                Grate their skin, eat their flesh
                Break into a scientists lab
                Vivisect the fucker, stab em to death

                Comment


                • #9
                  i'm not sure what to believe, it seems like throughout my life, the bad guy always wins and gets what he wants, and i'm too good of a person to become a bad guy. i used to pray to God all the time, and i do when i'm worried about family or friends but hardly ever myself. i like to share God with others in prayer, but i feel there is no point in waiting for something to happen, for God to do something for me. so do i believe? yes. am i a follower? not really. that's just the way i am, and the way i've become over the years. God doesn't have to run your life, he's here to help.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Leatha Face View Post
                    critical thinkers are all skeptical about god...he cannot be proven its all based on faith...if you are a fact person then you are more likely not to believe in god or religion. religion is a nonrational philosophy that some see as absolute truth while others see the opposite side of the philosophical spectrum, math, to be absolute truth, they are more likely atheists.
                    i leave an open mind about god, im not religious but im not atheist either. no one can disprove him and no one can prove him, all people can have are educated opinions on him (or uneducated) (depends also on what people find more educational, science or theology). no one can say they experienced god, its impossible for those of faith to tell the difference between intuition and wishful thinking, if the feeling is real enough for you though then life can also be what you make it...im an existialist but also am sympathetic with culture creatives.
                    Your wrong.

                    1. Biblical passages have been proven through historic artifacts

                    2. Relgion isnt 100% irrational. Theres obviously some things
                    unexplained with religion, but that goes for science as well.

                    3. Proof of God - events that occur that science cannot explain.

                    For example - some saints' (or one saint, whatever) corpse is in
                    perfect condition, not decayed or anything. Forgot which saint
                    (or saints) it is, though.

                    4. People actually can say they've experienced God. And its not exactly
                    a one time orgasm...aquaint yourself with the term miracle. I mean
                    that in the most non-insulting way possible.

                    Christians 33.03% (of which Roman Catholics 17.33%, Protestants 5.8%, Orthodox 3.42%, Anglicans 1.23%), Muslims 20.12%, Hindus 13.34%, Buddhists 5.89%, Sikhs 0.39%, Jews 0.23%, other religions 12.61%, non-religious 12.03%, atheists 2.36% (2004 est.)
                    https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications.../print/xx.html

                    I still remember there was someone around here that tried to make it
                    sound like the CHRISTIANS were the minority. lol. Numbers dont lie,
                    my friend.

                    But theres no reason to be a petty conformist. If you yourself have
                    reason to not believe in a higher power, then don't. What I realize
                    (through observation) is...

                    -Those living poor lives believe there is no God
                    -Contrary to what Leatha Face said, critical thinkers sway towards
                    the belief that there is a higher power out there. I've never heard
                    any stories of religious critical thinkers that swayed towards atheism.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      ^You's a dumb motherfucka.
                      Boston Celtics
                      New England Patriots
                      Boston Red Sox

                      Hi haters.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Religion only seems impossible to those who look at it irrationally. Jesus was an illusionist thief, with Robin Hood tendencies, and on weekends took to his hobby of Ice-Skating. It's just out of context.

                        (chickensm

                        aMuse'd



                        You have to understand...
                        Everything I did, I did for the island.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by McWannaBe View Post
                          Your wrong.
                          1. Biblical passages have been proven through historic artifacts
                          2. Relgion isnt 100% irrational. Theres obviously some things
                          unexplained with religion, but that goes for science as well.
                          3. Proof of God - events that occur that science cannot explain.
                          For example - some saints' (or one saint, whatever) corpse is in
                          perfect condition, not decayed or anything. Forgot which saint
                          (or saints) it is, though.
                          4. People actually can say they've experienced God. And its not exactly
                          a one time orgasm...aquaint yourself with the term miracle. I mean
                          that in the most non-insulting way possible.
                          Christians 33.03% (of which Roman Catholics 17.33%, Protestants 5.8%, Orthodox 3.42%, Anglicans 1.23%), Muslims 20.12%, Hindus 13.34%, Buddhists 5.89%, Sikhs 0.39%, Jews 0.23%, other religions 12.61%, non-religious 12.03%, atheists 2.36% (2004 est.)
                          https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications.../print/xx.html
                          I still remember there was someone around here that tried to make it
                          sound like the CHRISTIANS were the minority. lol. Numbers dont lie,
                          my friend.
                          But theres no reason to be a petty conformist. If you yourself have
                          reason to not believe in a higher power, then don't. What I realize
                          (through observation) is...
                          -Those living poor lives believe there is no God
                          -Contrary to what Leatha Face said, critical thinkers sway towards
                          the belief that there is a higher power out there. I've never heard
                          any stories of religious critical thinkers that swayed towards atheism.
                          1.all those "historic artifacts" dont prove your religion, sry. How is the search for noah's ark coming?

                          2.i didnt say irrational, i said nonrational, the latter meaning there is no sufficient evidence for or against religion. God is outside the frame of human rationale.

                          3.there are no such thing as miracles, a "miracle" is something that cannot be explained by modern science, but certainly has the potential to be as we become more advanced as a society.

                          4. is experiencing GOD wishful thinking or intuition? how do you know you didnt just trick yourself into "experiencing god"?

                          5. the majority of poor people are uneducated.

                          6. you say "religious critical thinkers" which throws any chance of atheism out the window. if someone as i said is swayed more toward the religious nonrational side of the philosophical spectrum then yes they will believe in a higher power, but then there are other critical thinkers that are find a home on the mathamatical side of the philosophical spectrum. Critical thinkers can have faith, but some need rationale, which theology cant provide (or have taken away from).
                          I think it should be done to you
                          Kill furriers, rip off their heads
                          Grate their skin, eat their flesh
                          Break into a scientists lab
                          Vivisect the fucker, stab em to death

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Ummm...sorry to burst some of ur bubbles, but many physicists and mathematicians are staunch religious people. They say their work and finding the deeper parts of physical reality and mathematical truths, allows them to "see the face oof God".
                            Hell Yeah I'm South African...bring on the hate!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by qspeechc View Post
                              Ummm...sorry to burst some of ur bubbles, but many physicists and mathematicians are staunch religious people. They say their work and finding the deeper parts of physical reality and mathematical truths, allows them to "see the face oof God".
                              im not saying mathematicians cant be religious, im saying this...ok, on the far left side of the philosophical spectrum you got mathematics. no one can disprove to me that 2+2=4. got that? now as you start moving to the right you get biology, chemistry, farther to the right the topics are more open to intrepretation, such as sociology, anthropology, political science, farther to the right you get into humanities and art such as anesthetics, at this point it is very easy to make irrational contridictions. NOW farther to the right than that is theology, which begins nonrational thought. There is nothing rational about God, nor faith or intuition (they arent irrational either, just nonrational). you can rationalIZE about god but that isnt being rational, rationalizing is different than being rational as it is coming up with excuses to support something, sometimes rationalizing can become irrational in of itself. some foundationists believe theology to be the basis of understanding everything, while others believe we need rationality as the basis, on the math side, which are far more unlikely to support religion. No mathematician can "see god" they are contridicting themselves, numbers by themselves cannot tell you anything, and are just being blinded by their irrational rationalizations.
                              Last edited by Leatha Face; 02-21-2007, 01:03 PM.
                              I think it should be done to you
                              Kill furriers, rip off their heads
                              Grate their skin, eat their flesh
                              Break into a scientists lab
                              Vivisect the fucker, stab em to death

                              Comment

                              Post ad widget 300x250

                              Collapse

                              LATEST POSTS

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Gornawil, Today, 05:33 AM
                              0 responses
                              2 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Gornawil  
                              Started by Ppanduss, 04-20-2021, 01:29 AM
                              3 responses
                              15 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post nicklloyd  
                              Started by basketballeven, Today, 05:17 AM
                              0 responses
                              2 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post basketballeven  
                              Started by basketballeven, Today, 05:00 AM
                              0 responses
                              2 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post basketballeven  
                              Started by Vilitra60mg, Today, 04:42 AM
                              0 responses
                              5 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Vilitra60mg  
                              Started by basketballeven, Today, 04:26 AM
                              0 responses
                              4 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post basketballeven  
                              Started by harman19, Yesterday, 10:45 PM
                              0 responses
                              7 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post harman19  
                              Started by sanaamjad, 11-20-2019, 01:56 PM
                              7 responses
                              101 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Gornawil  
                              Started by Deborahlanker, 05-07-2021, 09:09 AM
                              4 responses
                              16 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Nancystarkman  
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Yesterday, 12:50 AM
                              3 responses
                              9 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Deborahlanker  
                              Working...
                              X