We have chemistry?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have chemistry?...

Hey. I've been told by an astrology professor that the phrase "We have chemistry" isn't simply metaphorical but can be very much literal. It's about how we all have energy and a person can either give you good energy or bad... they can take it from you or give it to you. And so does that mean people can naturally be attracted towards each other, or on the contrary, hate each other?
    I've been looking for awhile now online for anything on this but haven't found much.

Originally posted by Manar View Post
    Hey. I've been told by an astrology professor that the phrase "We have chemistry" isn't simply metaphorical but can be very much literal. It's about how we all have energy and a person can either give you good energy or bad... they can take it from you or give it to you. And so does that mean people can naturally be attracted towards each other, or on the contrary, hate each other?
    I've been looking for awhile now online for anything on this but haven't found much.
    I believe that, that statement is true. I don't know if I personally believe in chemistry between two people more than I believe in astrology. Both seem to be rather similar. There's been a few people that upon meeting, I feel some kind of disdain towards them, or bad vibes as I like to call it. I'm going to have to look more into this chemistry theory, but I know I've read a lot into astrology, and see a lot of things that just make me amazed.

On love and hate; one of the astrology books I read hit the nail right on the head. This girl I was dating was a Libra, which the book said was my perfect match. Her best friend a Sagittarius, who was my worst match. Her friend and I could never get along for more than five minutes before breaking out into some kind of petty argument. She was eventually the main reason we split.

I'd rather go with the chemistry approach to be honest though. I don't know if I like believing that the stars and etc. have that much impact in my life. Science just seems so much more comforting, or easier to comprehend. I suppose some of that comes from me not being very religious. Although I've always been intrigued by the stories each religion tells, mainly Mythology.

last edit: CHRIS' AVY FUCKING ROCKS!! LAWLZ
    Last edited by NyKill; 08-11-2008, 02:09 PM.
    "Step into my dojo, mofo..."

Comment

I don't know if you have but you should read into Qi. Zhuang Zi said that we are born (or human life is created) because of an accumulation of Qi so I suppose you could theorise that two people's Qi can draw them together and presumably move them apart (Yin & Yang).

4 8 15 16 23 42

Comment

Unfortunately I haven't personally did any research on the matter, but since this little heads up I defiantly will. However, to contribute to this thread, I do believe that this form of "chemistry" does exist just from personal experience. Its like I've met many individuals some we seem to kick it off right away, while others seem to shy away. But one could say that this initial shying away on one individual is common because you have yet to understand the individual; to become more acquainted. But after for the most part you could try and make "friends" with them, however, the more you try simply the more you are displeased with them.
        So yes, I do believe you can have chemistry with some literally, and automatically love or hate the individual based on it.

Comment

we have great chemistry manar, now let's try out physics
          LOST
          THEN I NEVER WANT TO DIE
          I... I WANT TO LIVE FOREVER

Comment

Well, I kind of can say I did some reading on this and there are many theories on this. First of when two people like each other certain hormones start working and they even know what kind of liking triggers what hormones and what kind of longer effect it has. So in that sense we have chemistry certainly isn't just a methaphor. Now what you talk about the energy fields and giving and receiving energy is also a theory I did some reading about but that is not accept by everybody. Anyway what it says is that we all have a certain energy field and we all try to play games to enlarge our energy field. We usually do that by trying to steal from other peoples energy field or by working together to both enlarge. The book even had all these tactics people use to steal and give energy. I don't blindly believe in this energy stuff but it certainly explains some things (the theory is in many ways the same as the social status theory of evolutionary pshycology). Yet this whole energy theory that I know has nothing to do with things being out of our control.

That people are naturally attracted to each other or not I don't really believe in that or found anything about that. Of course you can predict it based on personality types (the myerss briggs system is great for this) but I wouldn't say it's something we have no control over. Sometimes I think I have to make this person like me before I ever met them (for political or business reasons) and I always succeed when I want to. And when somebody doesn't like me I always know why and what I could have done about it. So anyway I totally don't believe in that these things are natural and out of our control.

Well then there are also these things who say our life path is kind of made for us and every person you meet, you meet for a reason as in like an oppurtunity which you can either use or not but they're all there for a purpose. I first thought it was corny but when I started paying attention too it I started almost believing in it. Yet from the other side these theories are made to seem to be true and when you really think about them they're often quite logical for other reasons. Anyway why I'm telling this is to say that there are also theories who are kind of supporting the things you say.
            Last edited by DoubleU; 08-26-2008, 02:37 PM.
            www.themindbehind.net

Comment

Has anybody actually found any concrete literature backing this claim?
              I'd much rather to read more up on this topic; great theory.

Comment

Yes, ''chemistry between us'' is more than a phrase. Love alters concentrations of cetrain chemicals in the brain. Other things, such as the way someone smells, which carrys markers of their immune system, and if it matches well with yours, it appears pleasant, the smell.
                Hell Yeah I'm South African...bring on the hate!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironic View Post
                  Has anybody actually found any concrete literature backing this claim?
                  I'd much rather to read more up on this topic; great theory.
                  Well what do you exactly want literature on? The stuff Manar was talking about, try this:
                  James Redfield - the celestine prophecy
                  I don't really believe in that book though, I was reading it while I made my other post in this thread.

A more reliable books is
                  Why We Love: The Nature and Chemistry of Romantic Love by Helen Fischer

Another book which isnīt scientifically proven
                  The Way Of The Superior Man: A Spiritual Guide by David Deida. This is about male and female energy and stuff like that.

Iīm sure there are way more books about this but these are the ones I know.
                  www.themindbehind.net

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Bynarden, Today, 05:09 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Bynarden  
                  Started by Gornawil, 06-08-2021, 02:04 PM