ipod questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ipod questions...

Yeah...im prolly gonna get an ipod nano thingy tomorrow or something and im just wondering about these itunes thing...whats that like a program or something that comes with it? Cuz i was reading up and it said it ony works with windows 2000 and xp...blah, blah(i got a windows 98) so im just wondering...is the only way to get songs onto your ipod through the itunes? like do you have to have itunes in order for you to load songs? cuz if so, im fucked..and im just wondering this cuz i dont wanna go buy something and then find out i cant use it cuz i got a windows 98(kinda livin in the stone age, i know...)

also, isnt there like a cord or something that comes with it? to load songs or something? and do you need a certain computer for that?

and about this battery business...what the hell? what do you gotta get a new battery every time it screws you over, does it come with a battery? or when it runs out do you charge it? if so, does it come with a charger?

i feel like a dumbass, but i just wanna know what im getting myself into..i couldnt find nothing on this stuff on google, so....
    My Iconastic!

The iTunes is a program that comes on a CD with the iPod. You use it manage your iPod (up songs on it, organize them, pay-per-download some of the internet etc.). You also get a cable, which you plug into your computers USB port in order to upload songs (with the help of the iTunes program). I have Windows Xp, so I don't really know if iTunes will work under 98, but I think it should.

There is no battery, it comes with a charger; an alternative way to charge it, is by connecting it to your computer through the USB cable, then it automatically starts to "suck" electricity from there. And beware, compared to cell phone, the iPod takes a hell of a long time to be charged completely.

Hope this helps!
    Favorite Hip-Hop Groups/Artists:
    Cypress Hill, D12, Redman, DMX, Sticky Fingaz, Mobb Deep, 50 Cent, Ice Cube, The Roots, Obie Trice, Lil' Kim

Comment

Oh, and one more personal tip, the first time you connect your iPod to your computer (after you've run the setup), iTunes will be set up to "automatically update you iPod", so it will try to upload every single mp3 from your computer to your iPod, it might thus be a good idea to switch to manual update in order to avoid gettinge every mp3 you own automatically loaded on the iPod.
      Favorite Hip-Hop Groups/Artists:
      Cypress Hill, D12, Redman, DMX, Sticky Fingaz, Mobb Deep, 50 Cent, Ice Cube, The Roots, Obie Trice, Lil' Kim

Comment

Windows Requirements
        Windows XP or 2000 (latest service packs recommended)
        500 MHz Pentium class processor or better
        QuickTime 7.0.2 (included)
        256MB RAM
        Supported CD-R or DVD-R drive to burn CDs
        Broadband Internet connection (DSL/Cable/LAN) for buying and streaming music

Basically, you're screwed
        HEADSHOTS; NIGGA FUCK YO VEST

www.***********.info

Comment

^are those the requirements for the itunes or the ipod?

so you aboslutely need itunes in order to get songs?

is there any other ipod type mp3 players u would suggest for my situation? (like i heard there's like iriver, etc.)

EDIT: i just looked up the different mp3 players, and all the one's i looked at required Windows XP...wtf? is there an mp3 player that does NOT have to require windows xp? i mean, how come i gotta have a special program for the ipod? isnt there a way to just load the songs onto the ipod from the songs i downloaded from winMX? lol...everythings gotta be so difficult...lol

do all computers have a USB port?
          Last edited by sanityisillegal; 09-08-2005, 03:50 PM.
          My Iconastic!

Comment

dude you're leaving in the days of wayback,ask one of your friends for an xp installation cd or something,nobody uses 98 anymore
            and as for the mp3 player...dont get an ipod,its just a trend,there are better products out there such as Iriver

Comment

but for all mp3 players out there do you absolutely have to have XP, and Cable, DSL?
              My Iconastic!

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 09:41 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Deborahlanker  
              Started by harman19, 06-06-2021, 10:25 PM