The Passion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Passion.

Oh my god....This thing was more overrated then the red soxs.I sat there watching the movie.To see just how violent it was an didnt even find any of it disturbing an that was one of the biggest things about the movie.From what i heard.The story was boring as hell.(I dont know why I expected a good movie based around a story from the bible but I watched it on dvd an wanted a refund)
    Havent even been here in more then 3 months an still people talkin shit? Lol now thats funny I'd strongly suggested calling 1-800-AdoptaLife.

I've Posted About It 1,000,000 Times. Ill Try And Find A Post To Represent My Feelings Best Towards The Movie In A Second.
    Originally posted by Clerks
    I Didnt Find 'The Passion' To Be A Tear-Jerker At All Really. I Saw The 12:00PM Showing The Friday It Came Out, Watched It And Left. Nothing More. The Only Thing That 'Stuck' With Me Was The Fact That People Found It To Be Groundbreaking, When All It Did Was Focus On His Death, Making You Feel Guilty For Your Sins, Forgetting What He Actually Did In His Life.
    Wow, My Post Has Been Deleted Twice. BASICALLY, What I Was Saying Was That This Movie Had Fine Direction And Notable Acting, Aswell As The Most Gorgeous Woman In Film [Monica Bellucci], But It Just, In My Eyes, Guilt Tripped Alot Of Weak-Minded And Gullible People Into Believing Just Because He Died In A 'Gross-Out In-Your-Face' Manner. Didnt Do Anything For Me.
    Last edited by Clerks; 10-14-2004, 07:01 PM.
    I'm making a D12World comeback

Comment

fuck that movie and fuck mel gibson
      "The glock stay on me and the knife's for backup, I'm comin to the Vibe Awards, I dare you to act up!"- Young Buck

Comment

Don't speak badly about the Red Sox
        If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions

Comment

It was a good movie. Even people that we're saying stuff about God all the time; came out and we're like "Damn, that shit was crazy"

What I didn't like was the result of the movie. People were on this spiritual high and it was so hypocritical. That is the only thing that I was like, everything will be back to normal in a week.
          But It Just, In My Eyes, Guilt Tripped Alot Of Weak-Minded And Gullible People Into Believing Just Because He Died In A 'Gross-Out In-Your-Face' Manner. Didnt Do Anything For Me.
          Well, it wouldn't affect you if you didn't give a damn. But if you don't care about embracing anything that is in that religion, then why would affect you?

Don't make sense
          Goin' to Heaven with the goodie-goodies
          Dressed in white
          I like black Timbs and black hoodies

Comment

Originally posted by **PEN15**
            Well, it wouldn't affect you if you didn't give a damn. But if you don't care about embracing anything that is in that religion, then why would affect you?

If That Is Directed Towards Me, I Think You Missed My Point. Do I Believe In Jesus? Im Unsure. I Believe In God; But I Constantly Think About Where I Stand On My Views Of Jesus. Im Saying People Like That ONLY Give A Damn Because Of The Way He Died, Not Because Of What He DID In His Life. His Death Didnt Affect Me, People Back Then Were Always Crucified [Notice The Other 2 People On His Right And Left Side], What He Did In His Life Affected Me. Thats Why I Think People Changing Their Lives Over This Movie Is A Horrible Display Of Gullibility (?) And Just Feeling Bad. Becoming Religous For All The Wrong Reasons.

Who Knows, I Could Have Just Rambled A Whole Lot Of Nonsense Right There.
            I'm making a D12World comeback

Comment

he should have paid more attention to the countless other people who died in the same manner.
              Jesus's death was nothing special in those days.
              the sadness one might feel after watching his torture is the same sadness you should feel knowing that MANY other innocent people were also tortured and crucified by the Romans in those days.

also it is historically inaccurate as he used the languages that wouldnt have been used by those people at that time.

i have to agree with *Olga17*
              Last edited by Mister Kaotik; 10-15-2004, 01:09 AM.
              Y
              FuckNThis
              !'!!'!!'!!'!!'!!'!

Comment

I've Posted About It 1,000,000 Times. Ill Try And Find A Post To Represent My Feelings Best Towards The Movie In A Second.

Wow, My Post Has Been Deleted Twice. BASICALLY, What I Was Saying Was That This Movie Had Fine Direction And Notable Acting, Aswell As The Most Gorgeous Woman In Film [Monica Bellucci], But It Just, In My Eyes, Guilt Tripped Alot Of Weak-Minded And Gullible People Into Believing Just Because He Died In A 'Gross-Out In-Your-Face' Manner. Didnt Do Anything For Me.

Agreed.It seemed like the movie was aimed at those who didnt know alot about how he died.I mean shit for years they thought the nails went in the hands an alot still think that.(idiots)Seems like gibson was trying to make a movie to revive faith in god...Which is all well an fine.But atleast make a good movie.Not something the fuckin discovery channel could do in a shorter amount of time.

An honestly I dont see why everyones mad at gibson...All he done was tell his religions (catholic ifi remember correctly) idea of what happend.It isnt his fault if the catholic bible points the finger at j ews.I seriously dont think he meant to offend j ewish people with it.Just meant to tell the story of jesus in his last hours.
                But people took it too seriously.
                People said it proved the j ewish killed him.(yeah a movie is real proof.)
                Black groups were made cuz jesus was white...Which I can understand the bible saids he has bronze skin after all.An creation started in afirca.So how the hell could jesus be white?Alot of sun block?
                Religions are using it to increase memebership which is both sickening an wrong on many levels.
                Last edited by PVK-PervertKing; 10-15-2004, 06:29 AM.
                Havent even been here in more then 3 months an still people talkin shit? Lol now thats funny I'd strongly suggested calling 1-800-AdoptaLife.

Comment

he wasnt really white in the movie, they made the guys skin darker

Comment

True.But someone should explain that to the people that were protesting the movie for the reason of jesus being white.Guess they were referin to the actor himself.

Comment

Originally posted by PVK
                      ...All he done was tell his religions (catholic ifi remember correctly) idea of what happend
                      he hates the pope
                      he belongs to a small cultish sect of catholosism.
                      his father is a devout anti-semite, so there is little doubt that Mel Gibson is one too
                      and he was quoted saying that his wife is going to go to hell because she isnt part of his cultish catholic sect

Originally posted by PVK
                      Religions are using it to increase memebership which is both sickening an wrong on many levels.
                      i agree with you 100% on that comment
                      ...but also, people are using the movie not only to spread their religious beliefs, but also to spread racial hatred (whether or not that was the intended purpose of the movie)

but yeah, i agree with you for the most part
                      Y
                      FuckNThis
                      !'!!'!!'!!'!!'!!'!

Comment

Originally posted by *Olga17*
                        fuck that movie and fuck mel gibson
                        Oh did Mel Gibson offend your phony religion somehow?
                        "Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile."
                        - Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

it was overrated but i liked it nonetheless...the people who complained about it being gory are probably churchgoing people who aren't used to that much violence in film...it did have one clear cut message though; he suffered and endured...i know a lot of people wanted to write it off as some torture film, but it did have a clear message...

say what you want about gibson, but he's a genius because he figured out a way to make a large amount of money by uniting pro-gore fans and churchgoing people...he's rich off of Jesus...

Comment

If That Is Directed Towards Me, I Think You Missed My Point. Do I Believe In Jesus? Im Unsure. I Believe In God; But I Constantly Think About Where I Stand On My Views Of Jesus. Im Saying People Like That ONLY Give A Damn Because Of The Way He Died, Not Because Of What He DID In His Life. His Death Didnt Affect Me, People Back Then Were Always Crucified [Notice The Other 2 People On His Right And Left Side], What He Did In His Life Affected Me. Thats Why I Think People Changing Their Lives Over This Movie Is A Horrible Display Of Gullibility (?) And Just Feeling Bad. Becoming Religous For All The Wrong Reasons.

Who Knows, I Could Have Just Rambled A Whole Lot Of Nonsense Right There.
                            Jesus' death should have affected you. He died because of our SIN. Yes you're right people back then were always crucified, but they were crucified for crimes they had commited. the men on the right and left of Him were crucified because they were thieves. Jesus was crucified because He was the Son of God and people didn't believe. For example, one of the men hanged with Jesus rebuked him. The other man believed and was granted eternal life. Which is the same story played out in today's society. So many people don't belive that God sent His Son Jesus, like the one who rebuked Him, and then we have the Christians, like myself, who do believe that Jesus was the Messiah. Also just to set the record straight, it wasn't the ***s that killed Jesus, it was OUR sin that did. People didn't become religious for all the wrong reasons they became religious because they saw the torture Jesus went through for our sins and realized if He would give His life for us in that manner then why can't we give our lives for Him.
                            Psalm 103:1
                            Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Kaotik
                              he hates the pope
                              he belongs to a small cultish sect of catholosism.
                              his father is a devout anti-semite, so there is little doubt that Mel Gibson is one too
                              and he was quoted saying that his wife is going to go to hell because she isnt part of his cultish catholic sect

i agree with you 100% on that comment
                              ...but also, people are using the movie not only to spread their religious beliefs, but also to spread racial hatred (whether or not that was the intended purpose of the movie)

but yeah, i agree with you for the most part

Just cuz someones dad is racist doesnt mean they are.
                              Hell if that was true I had a hood on my head right now.There are people that do not follow in their parents foot steps.An I have no reason to think Gibson has hatred towards anyone.Dude made a movie.If we went by those standards the guy from american history x would be a SERIOUS racist.

But I do agree that the movie is being used to bread racism towards ***s for the most part (tho they are not a race its the only term that came to mind atm) but anybody can do that with any religions holy writings/ideals.
                              The Klan does it with the Bible
                              The Taliban does it with whatever the hell the muslim thing is refered to as (no offence meant to any muslims)
                              The catholics nearly wiped out atleast 3 religions cuz noone could read besides the pope back in the day.An he told them that these religions were evil.I'm sure everyone heard about that tho.Just using some examples.Anyway some of them still think they were justifed.

Point is a twisted mind could even turn j ewish ideals into a evil form.
                              Last edited by PVK-PervertKing; 10-15-2004, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by touhidfiverr, Today, 05:13 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post touhidfiverr  
                              Started by cbdoilcanzanauk, Today, 12:54 AM
                              0 responses