HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does everyone feel the need to jump on the bandwagon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does everyone feel the need to jump on the bandwagon?

Be honest, how many of you actually think The Godfather is THAT good? IMO it really isn't. Not every movie necessarily has to keep you on the edge of your seat, but if a movie is going to be the best movie of all time, the first thing it has to be is entertaining. I've watched it about 4 times and it just bores me to tears, and it leads me to believe that people say it's the best movie to make themselves look like they know more about movies than they actually do. I know there are people who say it's their favorite movie of all-time, but I don't see what exactly makes anyone believe it even belongs in the Top 10.

Any fans of the movie care to say why they like the movie so much? I'd give it an 8/10 at the most because it was boring as fuck.

EDIT: Scarface is overrated as hell too.

"Drop the farenheight back down to zero
    Bring Heat to the streets like I'm Pacino and DeNiro"
    - Redman

Milwaukee Bucks - 5-2
    Green Bay Packers - 2-7

Don't you be dissing Scarface (arguingsm
    http://www.myspace.com/desternee

Comment

Oh and by the way, it's called an opinion... if everyone liked the same movies, the world would be boring as fuck... each to their own.
      http://www.myspace.com/desternee

Comment

You're obviously missing the point of the thread...I just wanna know what everyone sees in this movie I'm not.

- Redman

Milwaukee Bucks - 5-2
        Green Bay Packers - 2-7

Comment

your right they're way over rated, but they have unique qualities that other movies didn't have in those days when those movies were first released

Comment

I see exactly what you mean. I've sat through both of those. The Godfather was boring, and Scarface was very good. But they are both overrated. In my opinion at least.
            no dough ho, you can't fuck with me!

Comment

Godfather has a strong following and a lot of people like it because it's cool BUT there are people who actually love this movie(me included) and love movies in general.

One reason people like this movie so much is the story, might be one of the greatest stories ever in a movie. Also the great acting and cinematography. And the score also.

And a lot of people liking this movie is no fluke as it is in so many film critic's top 10 and these are the people that actually know movies.

If you don't think the movie is that good it's because 1. you're trying to be different or 2. you know nothing about movies.

Scarface is a fun movie to watch but it's not the greatest movie ever. The Godfather(and part II) is a legitimate choice for greatest movie ever and people are still talking about so that's got to mean something.

Comment

if they're still thinking about godfather it's cause they're a bunch of retards

Comment

^ I seriously hope you're not implying that just cause it's an "old" movie people aren't allowed to talk about it anymore

If so...please exit this thread.

Comment

I know!!! Breakfast at Tiffany's is old too!!!

(lol?)
                    no dough ho, you can't fuck with me!

Comment

Originally posted by ZoG
                      If you don't think the movie is that good it's because 1. you're trying to be different or 2. you know nothing about movies.
                      If I were trying to be different, Shawshank Redemption, the #2 movie on IMDb, wouldn't be my favorite movie by a mile. Star Wars, Pulp Fiction, The Usual Suspects, and One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest are all in my top 10, and threy are all also in the IMDb's Top 15. Do I seem like the person who would think that hating popular classic movies would make me look like a rebel? I am very honest when it comes to thing likes this. I hardly conform to other people's movie opinions to look smarter if at all.

And what exactly do you know about my movie knowledge? The fact I don't think the movie you think is the best is the best I don't know anything about movies? Makes alotta sense there good buddy.

Whether someone thinks a movie is boring or not is 100% subjective. Trust me, if I thought the movie was entertaining, I wouldn't hesitate to say so. I have no vendetta against the movie because everyone considers it the best.

It had an excellent story, the best acting in a movie ever, great cinematography, a groundbreaking score and an extremely powerful script. The problem?

IMO, it was boring. Plain and simple. You can't argue the raw entertainment you get from a movie with a person over the internet, and I do enjoy alot of movies people consider boring like The Hours, Lost IN Translation, or Monster.
                      Last edited by Hand-E-Man; 08-28-2005, 09:22 PM.

- Redman

Milwaukee Bucks - 5-2
                      Green Bay Packers - 2-7

Comment

Godfather the book > Godfather the movie. I enjoy the movie though, great gangster movie. I don't see how you find it boring, but to each his own I suppose.
                        Oh its true, its true

Comment

I didn't like either film taht much to be honest with you. Your not alone. I'm a huge movie guy too, so it's not like I don't know what i'm talking about.
                          Peace & Love

Comment

I love Godfather, Godfather Part 1. and Godfather Part 2. are classics in my opinion, however, besides Al Pacino's performance in Scarface the movie itself is not nearly as cracked out as its said to be. You seem like a smart guy with some good tastes, and you don't bash shit without giving reasons [plus you have Shaun of the Dead in your avatar], but I really dont know how someone can be bored during The Godfather. From this thread you'll see people not wanting to be on the bandwagon so they join your bandwagon of not liking the movie, it's an incredible process.
                            I'm making a D12World comeback

Comment

Originally posted by Hand-E-Man
                              It had an excellent story, the best acting in a movie ever, great cinematography, a groundbreaking score and an extremely powerful script. The problem?

IMO, it was boring. Plain and simple. You can't argue the raw entertainment you get from a movie with a person over the internet, and I do enjoy alot of movies people consider boring like The Hours, Lost IN Translation, or Monster.
                              Just cause you found it boring doesn't mean it's overrated.

Be honest, how many of you actually think The Godfather is THAT good?
                              you just answered your own question why it's THAT good

I could sit through both movies in one sitting so I don't find them boring.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 10:56 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Deborahlanker  
                              Started by Bookman, Today, 09:23 AM
                              0 responses