New Jet Li Film - Fearless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jet Li Film - Fearless?

how cum i aint herd bout this. just watched the trailer, it looks sickkk! cnt wait to watch it. is it out now? it says at beginning trailer, its the last last martial arts film hel do??? how old is he.
    www.bigroncoleman.com

hes 42 or 43 i think ,i also heard a rumor that he might be starrin in a film called rogue with Jason Statham,but it aint on imdb,so who knows ,but i hope it aint his last martial arts film.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDREW2401
      how cum i aint herd bout this. just watched the trailer, it looks sickkk! cnt wait to watch it. is it out now? it says at beginning trailer, its the last last martial arts film hel do??? how old is he.
      The Dvdrip version has been out and I just downloaded and watched it last weekend. It was an ok movie, but the fighting scenes were awesome as always.

Comment

nice i will have to check for this, Jet Li is the man!
        Wu-Tang Clan Aint Nuttin' To Fuck Wit'

Comment

I think he definetly went out on a high point. Watched the DVD Rip. Film gets a 6/10 from me, but the action scenes are mind-blowing. As for your Question, i believe he is 43, and he is retiring from active Kung-Fu movies only. Im sure you will see him around, and also directing

aMuse'd

You have to understand...
          Everything I did, I did for the island.

Comment

it's still a pity he didn't get that role in the Matrix

Jackie Chan must be way older and he still doing movies.
            Last edited by Devane; 03-29-2006, 06:20 PM.

Comment

jet li in the matrix would have been awsome

Comment

gotta cop that shit
                Life's a B*tch

Comment

yeh jus looked, jet li is 43.

jackie chan is 52.
                  www.bigroncoleman.com

Comment

shit man, actors r fucking older than i thought! lol. gota be sum new fighters cuming thru. go on google n type any actors name and d.o.b.
                    www.bigroncoleman.com

Comment

43???? i thought he was lik 25
                      oKayplayer

Check out my blog @...

http://nisunday.blogspot.com

Comment

I dont like Jet Li, Jackie Chan is real does all his stunts and everything, hes the real deal.

Comment

^jet li does his stunts. i think jet li wud beat jackie chan if they were to hava proper fight, coz hes more ruthless.

man the dudes tiny too, and fucking solid.
                          www.bigroncoleman.com

Comment

oh really Jackie Chan can fight, and he had to learn the hard way though as a child in opera school and when he couldn't do what he supposed to do the master would beat him senseless, and jet li probably learned the normal way, and jackie can take more pain, jet li uses wires too when he does his own stunts. im not hating on jet li but he is not jackie chan , chan is the real deal when it comes to chinese cinema, im asian too so don't question my opinion lol.

Comment

Jet Li's background is from Wushu . A generic term which refers to all martial arts but now usually means the nothern styles which are very acrobatic and stylish. Wushu is more of a sport than a martial art.
                              The southern styles like Wing Chun (Bruce Lee) which is visually uninpressive to look at and mantis styles are famed for their fighters NOT southern wushu acrobats.
                              Jackie trained in chinese opera school which is basically training in Wushu.

Don't confuse film fightiing from street/ring fighting.
                              People tend to confuse physical atributes (size, flexiblity and agilty) with fighting abilty. Jackie Chan or Jet Li have never claim to be fighters of any sort.
                              Screen fighting only requires physical abilty, nothing else. Look at that girl in Serenity . She had a Ballet background and she was fucking amazing (check the extras on the DVD) but she's still a Ballet Dancer not a fighter.

Put a wushu artist in the ring with anyone from a fighting art like Muay Thai, Kick boxing or Vale Tudo and they'd get killed. These arts are relativly simple martial arts and less impressive to the eye and don't require years of constant practice to be able to fight.

The vast majority of martial arts today only teach the art form where you get your grades/belts and you can be a black-belt without ever taking a punch. Some people just want to learn to punch and kick and fight in a ring.
                              Some people want to challenge themselves physically and impress their friends.
                              This is a very old argument within the martial arts community.
                              The only person who excelled in both Film and Reality was Bruce Lee. A true genius.

ps
                              being asian doesn't qualify your opinion over anybody elses.
                              This might work in a Chris Rock sketch but not in real life.
                              Being born a certain race only gives you the physical attributes of that race.
                              The cultural things comes from exposure to a particular thing such a music or sport. That's what qualifies a person not their race.
                              There are no martial arts shop in Hong Kong. Kung fu is now treated like aerobics. I have studied Kung Fu for over 10 years. My friend went to study Kung Fu in Hong Kong. The People there thought he was crazy. They where more concerned with learning accountancy.

The best Judo players (judoka) are from France or Brazil.
                              Karate: normally the USA or England.
                              Soccor: Invented in England, haven't won the world cup since 1964.
                              Cricket: Invented in England, the best are liike Australia or India.
                              Jimmy Hendrix, Eminem,Tiger Woods they don't match the stereotypes.

There is a Kung Fu saying "Confiidence is a bad thing to have, it is better to have experience(for fighting so you won't get your ass kicked.)"

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 11:14 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Deborahlanker  
                              Started by WesleyDrake, Today, 09:11 AM
                              0 responses