Help with Movies/Ipod Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Movies/Ipod Video

I just got a Video Ipod and i am learning how to put videos on it (very slowly i may add) you guys are full of knowledge when it comes to this shit.. so i figured id drill you guys.

1. First of all, what is the best place to find movies to download (ive been using Limewire, which kind of sucks) any suggestions??

2. Is there a way to put regular store purchased DVDs into my computer DVD drive and put the DVD file on my desktop (so i can convert it to Mp4 and put it on my ipod). In other words: can a DVD disc content be put put on my Ipod in anyway?
    WHat is a good program to use for this?

3. Do any of you have a video ipod and found easy ways to do this shit? any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    An Asshol That Shall Remain Anonymous
    Quote:
    "Told Them to Battle Me, I'll go to war happily, How you going to call my bluff, when your scared to send a fax to me?"
    -R.I.P. DeShaun "Proof" Holton

Dirtyproof had a Video ipod tutorial a while back...idk where the link is but I saved the post. Make sure you rep him if you use it

Okay, so Iíve seen people on here who have received 5G iPods for christmas and need a bit of help converting their videos, so I made a small tutorial and tried to explain the best that I could, so here goes.

If you just want to convert an mpeg or avi file, skip the DVD Shrink instructions, and just do the part for Videora. Note that Videora doesn't support MOV (Quicktime), WMV (Windows Media Video) or RM (Real Media) files.

What you'll need:
    DVD Shrink
    Videora iPod converter

1. First of all, take whatever dvd you want to convert into iPod compatible format and put it in your drive.

2. 2. Start up DVD Shrink and click on 'Open Disc' and it should automatically detect your dvd. Hit 'Ok'.

3. The dvd will then analyze your dvd. This will take anywhere from 2-3 minutes depending on the amount of data on your dvd.

4. Hit the 'Re-Author' button on the menu.

5. The following will appear on your screen. What you want to do now is take only what you want to be ripped into iPod compatible format. To do this, you will need to browse through the DVD files. The movie will be located in the tab that says "Main Movie". Select a title (Title 1, Title 2, and so on) to convert into a VOB file. You can preview it by pressing the play button on the preview section. Full-length movies will usually only show 1 title, where as tv show dvds will show various for different episodes.

6. Once you know what you want to convert, select the title and drag it into the section that says 'DVD Structure'.

7. If you want to cut out certain parts of the particular title, such as credits or the intros, hit the 'Set start/end frames' option. Here, on the top section, drag the tab to wherever you would like your video to start being ripped from. In the bottom section, do the same for wherever you would like it to end. When you're done hit "Ok". Before you go any further, if you're converting a full length movie, do the following: Go to Edit > Preferences, then in the window that appears, select the 'Output files' tab. Make sure the 'Split VOB files into 1GB size chunks' is deselected, then hit ok.

8. You will now be sent back to the re-authoring screen. Hit the 'Backup!' button at the top menu. Another window will then appear. You can chose wherever you want your VOB file saved by hitting the browse tab and selecting a location. Hit 'Ok' and dvd shrink will proceed to extract the dvd file onto your computer as a VOB file.

That's it for the DVD Shrink part. Now here's the part for Videora.

1. Open up Videora, and go to 'Setup'. In the 'Settings' tab you will see several drop-down menus. On the 'On Click Profile' drop-down menu, select the profile that says 'SP/320x240/768kbps Stereo/128kbps'. Click on 'Save'.

2. Go to 'Convert'. Click on the button that says 'Transcode New Video'. You will be prompted to select a video to convert. Go to wherever you saved the file that was extracted by DVD Shrink. Select the file and hit 'Open'.

3. Name your file in the tab that says 'New Transcoding' and hit 'Start'.

4. Your video should take approximately the same time to convert as the running time of the video that you are converting.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by oneshotc0, Today, 10:04 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post oneshotc0  
    Started by oneshotc0, Today, 10:01 AM
    0 responses