No announcement yet.

I Don't Get The Ending of Silent Hill!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't Get The Ending of Silent Hill!

Are they dead or what? Like they just disappeared in the end when they went home to the dad, and like the door was open, and the moms phone calls were fucked up..Did they actually die when they crashed or what? But if they did die, then how where they trying to kill them again? And how did the police woman actually die?

Plz hlep, I'm totally confused abt this!

BLASPH|EMMY
    Amen.

They were stuck in the alternate 'Hell' reality or whatever. Shit was fucked. The cop was burned by the jesus freaks.
    Kid Cudi
    =
    The Future

Comment

I was reading a review of it, and even the person who reviewed it didn't understand it.
      E A G L E S

Comment

your supposed to make up your own ending... lol the writers wanted it to have "multiple endings" like the game and this is the closest they could get to multiple endings.. you werent meant to undertsand it..
        Last edited by zodiakk; 04-24-2006, 06:44 PM.

Comment

I believe that when the mother/daughter and the cop crash they in fact do die. And the world of Silent Hill that they're in is something similar to a Purgatory. They were being led around by the young girl who was burnt alive in order to relieve her suffering and aid her in completeing what must be done: The cleansing of an evil religion of people. Even though it seems that they escaped this purgatory place they haven't which is why in the end of the movie when they go back to their house they can't see their husband/father and vice versa. They are now destined to remain in purgatory until whenever it is their time to finish whatever it is that is holding them back from passing on.
          R.I.P. Big Proof

Comment

Originally posted by Gatman
            I believe that when the mother/daughter and the cop crash they in fact do die. And the world of Silent Hill that they're in is something similar to a Purgatory. They were being led around by the young girl who was burnt alive in order to relieve her suffering and aid her in completeing what must be done: The cleansing of an evil religion of people. Even though it seems that they escaped this purgatory place they haven't which is why in the end of the movie when they go back to their house they can't see their husband/father and vice versa. They are now destined to remain in purgatory until whenever it is their time to finish whatever it is that is holding them back from passing on.
            Sort of...I guess its really open for interpretation. I believe they were in an alternate dimension of Silent Hill (aka "Hell")...if you pay attention to the movie, you can catch the hints (at one point, the male detective that took the father into Silent Hill to look for his wife and daughter said something along the lines of "This town was shut down due to the coal fire burning BELOW".) To me, thats a subliminal message for "Hell" (as you noticed, the place where Samara (I think thats her name) and her mother were was constantly covered in ash, something that would happen in a town that was burning in a coal fire). I dont think they died in the car crash, it wouldnt make sense for the cult to kill the cop and burn Samara (the good half of the burnt victim) if they were already in Purgatory. All that would do is futher piss off the Reaper. Plus, if the reaper was trying to protect the good half (samara) of the burnt girl, dont you think she would have kept her by her side instead of some room where the angry cult would find her? Its so open for discussion, its not even funny. I like the whole "multiple ending" idea, because thats what it leaves you with.

EDIT - Also, Samara and her mother were kept "alive" in this alternate dimension for a reason. If you recall at the end, the original mother of the burnt girl was kept alive because she was her mother (the reaper said something specific as to why she was kept alive). I believe that the mother of Samara was kept alive because she proved her love for her child by overcoming so many obstacles(sp?) to find her daugter. So, the reaper kept them in this alternate dimension ("Hell") of earth because the reaper wanted the "good half" of the burnt girl to remain safe. If you think about it, if the mother and samara were to return to reality, the mother would have been questioned about everything as to why she disappeared with her daughter for so long and why an officer was missing. If she would have told the truth, she would have been looked at as crazy and become separated from Samara. This would put the mother in a position to not protect her Samara, or, the "only good thing" that was left of the burnt girl.

There.
            Last edited by Kaoticz; 04-24-2006, 09:29 PM.
            LISTEN TO AND DOWNLOAD MY NEW EP ENTITLED "ĘP" at http://composed.bandcamp.com/ FOR FREE!

SUPPORT INDEPENDENT MUSIC!

Comment

damn i shouldnt have read all the spoilers in this thread i havent even seen it yet

Comment

Originally posted by Kaoticz
                Sort of...I guess its really open for interpretation. I believe they were in an alternate dimension of Silent Hill (aka "Hell")...if you pay attention to the movie, you can catch the hints (at one point, the male detective that took the father into Silent Hill to look for his wife and daughter said something along the lines of "This town was shut down due to the coal fire burning BELOW".) To me, thats a subliminal message for "Hell" (as you noticed, the place where Samara (I think thats her name) and her mother were was constantly covered in ash, something that would happen in a town that was burning in a coal fire). I dont think they died in the car crash, it wouldnt make sense for the cult to kill the cop and burn Samara (the good half of the burnt victim) if they were already in Purgatory. All that would do is futher piss off the Reaper. Plus, if the reaper was trying to protect the good half (samara) of the burnt girl, dont you think she would have kept her by her side instead of some room where the angry cult would find her? Its so open for discussion, its not even funny. I like the whole "multiple ending" idea, because thats what it leaves you with.
                EDIT - Also, Samara and her mother were kept "alive" in this alternate dimension for a reason. If you recall at the end, the original mother of the burnt girl was kept alive because she was her mother (the reaper said something specific as to why she was kept alive). I believe that the mother of Samara was kept alive because she proved her love for her child by overcoming so many obstacles(sp?) to find her daugter. So, the reaper kept them in this alternate dimension ("Hell") of earth because the reaper wanted the "good half" of the burnt girl to remain safe. If you think about it, if the mother and samara were to return to reality, the mother would have been questioned about everything as to why she disappeared with her daughter for so long and why an officer was missing. If she would have told the truth, she would have been looked at as crazy and become separated from Samara. This would put the mother in a position to not protect her Samara, or, the "only good thing" that was left of the burnt girl.
                There.
                yes, that also. but like you said, it's kept that way so you can think of an ending.

my take on the mother being kept alive is because of what the adopted mother(i forgot her name) said, "A mother is god in the eye's of a child" being she brought samara into the world.

movie was fucked up non the less.
                R.I.P. Big Proof

Comment

Oh, I see! I hate it when they make you draw your own conclusions tho. I wanna know what it's supposed to be..

BLASPH|EMMY
                  Amen.

Comment

The daughter's name is Sharon, the mother's name is Rose.

Other than that, Gatman and Kaoticz pretty much summed up the ending. It's all in how you interpret it.

Comment

[email protected] saying samara.

I just realized thats the girls name from "The Ring". Of course, she does look like her, wouldnt you say?
                      LISTEN TO AND DOWNLOAD MY NEW EP ENTITLED "ĘP" at http://composed.bandcamp.com/ FOR FREE!

SUPPORT INDEPENDENT MUSIC!

Comment

The dark half of Alessa looks a little bit like Samara. I can see how they could be compared.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaoticz
                          [email protected] saying samara.
                          I just realized thats the girls name from "The Ring". Of course, she does look like her, wouldnt you say?
                          [email protected] copying you with the name and i watched the movie a half an hour before i typed that/
                          R.I.P. Big Proof

Comment

actually it wasnt rose who said 'a mother is god in the eyes of a child' it was the cop who said it to rose before they went to find alessa/ the demon. and then rose said it to the mother.

the ending was TOO open in my opinion, its almost like they got to a certain point and jus dropped the credits like 'fuck it'. and if they want 'multiple endings' there better be some alternate endins on the dvd release cuz i personally thought it was bullshit to leave a movie open like that. its pointless to watch a movie that ends with no resolve, i might as well have walked out the movie half way thru and got the same result.
                            R.I.P.
                            MICHAEL
                            "KING OF POP"
                            JACKSON

Comment

Originally posted by dirtemind82
                              personally thought it was bullshit to leave a movie open like that. its pointless to watch a movie that ends with no resolve
                              the game's are like that to...
                              R.I.P. Big Proof

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by oneshotc0, Yesterday, 10:04 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post oneshotc0