is Studio 60 getting cancelled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is Studio 60 getting cancelled?

I was watching "Heroes" and they had a commercial for the new show "The Black Donelly's" and the ad said it premieres next week after "Heroes"...which is when Studio 60 usually airs

So does anyone know if "Sudio 60" is getting canceleed or getting moved to a different time, or different day or something?
    See 50 play for keeps, and 50 stays with heat
    I can't go commercial, they love me in the streets-50 cent

i hope not but i heard FOX purchased the last 9 episodes or something

Comment

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/02/19/wi...-of-studio-60/

It could possibly be the last episode tonight
      "Here's a thought for sweat shop owners: Air Conditioning. Problem solved."
      -Mitch Hedburg

Comment

Sucks if it's getting cancelled. Heroes and Studio 60 are by far the best new shows this year, 60's writing is superb, very very good script for each and every episode. I know they've filmed at least one more episode, and i've heard somewhere another 8 (i think) were purchased... so hopefully they'll bring it back at a later date.

aMuse'd

You have to understand...
        Everything I did, I did for the island.

Comment

Originally posted by MusH™ View Post
          Sucks if it's getting cancelled. Heroes and Studio 60 are by far the best new shows this year, 60's writing is superb, very very good script for each and every episode. I know they've filmed at least one more episode, and i've heard somewhere another 8 (i think) were purchased... so hopefully they'll bring it back at a later date.
          I agree.....I love the show, Heroes, Studio 60, and Friday Night lights are the 3 best new shows in a while....they should just cancel 1 of the days "Deal or No Deal" is on and keep Studio 60 since its way better than that stupid gameshow

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! i hope it's not canceled... i love it! it makes my monday nights that much more special...

Comment

Never really got into it. Maybe should give it another try.

Comment

^ well it sounds like it's gonna be too late for that....

Comment

Anybody watch Friday Night Lights? I haven't seen that yet but I hear alot of good things.
                  -Mitch Hedburg

Comment

Originally posted by DTRAIN View Post
                    Anybody watch Friday Night Lights? I haven't seen that yet but I hear alot of good things.
                    friday night lights is an amazing show... as for studio 60 its alright, i havent really watched much, but yes im pretty sure it is gettin cancelled... they might air the last episodes later this year but it's lookin like that's pretty much it... just wasn't getting good enough ratings and it costs to much to make...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/2007...b_dde7ecee14ca

sorry adrianna... btw i love that name... want my next gf to have that name lol

Comment

Originally posted by DTRAIN View Post
                      Friday Night Lights is a great show...as I in my other post, Heroes, Friday Night Lights and Studio 60 are the 3 best shows out...and unfortunately Studio 60 is no more

I know the ratings of Heroes are good so that show is gonna stay....but does anyone know if Friday Night Lights are getting good rating too? I would hate to see that show be cancelled

Comment

Yeah, I read today in the paper that the NBC brass doesn't like the way the show has come back since the Christmas hiatus. I guess they are upset at the way Matthew Perry's character is turning into a pill popper or something like that. I'll be very disappointed if this was the last show. On the other hand, I've read a lot of good things about The Black Donnelly's and am looking forward to that show as well.

Comment

Well, for it's own good I think, Studio 60's hiatus may be a good thing. I think the show started off great and I was really interested in it up until a few episodes ago. To me, the show stopped being interesting. The main plot between Matt & Harry has become so agonizingly stupid that after first feeling sorry for Matt and then feeling sorry for Harry, I could smack them both for being so fucking childish and indecisive. Their plot is going nowhere fast and pretty soon no one is going to care what the fuck happens to them. I think the show got way too preachy. Sorkin had these problems right before he left "The West Wing" as well and the show pretty much tanked after he left. I think Sorkin is an amazing writer and producer, but I think he lets it get to his head, which is why this hiatus should kick some sense into him. I don't mind that he makes fun of the Christian right on a daily basis; it's funny most of the time anyway. But the subplots on the show are getting boring and I'm beginning to not care about a single castmember on the show (sans Calvin, whom I think is the funniest part of the show nowadays).

Studio 60 was given a full-season pickup by NBC back in December. So while the show is being moved aside until mid-April, the remaining six episodes will air. It's fairly simple though: If "The Black Donnelly's" hits high ratings, Studio 60 will be moved to a new night and time for the remaining six episodes of its first season and will be less likely to see a pick-up for next season. If "TBD's" does poorly in its time slot, Studio 60 will remain behind "Heroes" for the rest of the season and, barring any continued ratings slide, will likely be back next season. NBC isn't known for giving shows a chance (i.e. "Kidnapped"), but considering all that Sorkin's "The West Wing" did ratings-wise for the network, they might be more inclined to give him a fighter's chance in season two.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianna View Post
                            Friday Night Lights is a great show...as I in my other post, Heroes, Friday Night Lights and Studio 60 are the 3 best shows out...and unfortunately Studio 60 is no more
                            I know the ratings of Heroes are good so that show is gonna stay....but does anyone know if Friday Night Lights are getting good rating too? I would hate to see that show be cancelled
                            From everything I've read, Friday Night Lights has had the same if not worse ratings than Studio 60, but supposedly NBC has faith in it because its received consistent praise from critics. I decided not to watch it because I thought it looked like another teen drama show but I've heard that it's very good so I might have to catch up with it with either torrents or the dvds when they come out.
                            -Mitch Hedburg

Comment

praise from critics = canceled
                              If I can kick drugs, I can deliver a baby

Charlie RIP
                              LOST

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post