Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shield - Final Season Discussion [FX]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIGPTI-znt0

New videos of the cast/crew discussing various themes of The Shield are up on the official site. Check 'em out...
    http://fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/the_shield/

So far, this is what's known. The Shield filmed all 13 episodes of its final season but a number still need to be edited. Its return has now been pushed off until mid-summer, which is now being promoted as -SEPTEMBER- by FX's latest teaser trailer (the same as above, without the -2008- at the end). So, what do you expect to happen as the show comes to an end, especially in Mackey's case?

aMuse'd

You have to understand...
    Everything I did, I did for the island.

I thought this ended already
    Kid Cudi
    =
    The Future

Comment

^ uh.. NO! are you crazy! have you not ever watched the show? if you saw how last season ended.. you would know that it's far from over... are you saying it like you just want it done with already? they way you said that makes me ANGRY

this is the second greatest show of all time.. this is one show that i dont think EVER has had a filler episode.. seriously.. this is the greatest cop drama ever in the history of the world!

damn you MusH.. i thought i had a Shield thread... you're stealing my thunder

jk.. it's all good.. as long as we get a thread for the second greatest show ever, im happy... and yea, it DOES suck that they've had all the final 13 episodes complete since BEFORE the writers strike.. you would think they would have tried to release it during the fall.. start it in March and end it in June or whatever.. ya know? not sure why they didnt because now they have to wait until September to air it because FX is worried about airing it in Summer because they dont want to run The Shield against the 2008 Olympics... such fucking bullshit!

i cant WAIT for this final season to air! i WISH it wasnt over with.. but i love The Shield and i love that they're going out on top.. like i said, The Shield is an amazing show and my 2nd favorite show of all time... it's been consistently great.. some season 1 all the way until the end of season 6! so fucking great!

im actually doing a re-watch to get prepared for the final season.. i had forgot some things so i wanted to watch all the episodes again, just to get kinda caught up, ya know? i stand by my statement that The Shield has NO filler episodes.. in all 6 seasons.. there isnt ONE! so fucking great!

everyone that hasnt watched this show is SERIOUSLY missing out.. like i said... it's the BEST cop drama in the history of the televisions existence... so many classic moments and Vic Mackey is the greatest cop EVER! there is no cop on TV that could EVER fuck with him! fucka Jack Bauer! he's got NOTHING on Vic Mackey.. i guarantee if it came down to the two of them left alone in a room and ONE of them HAD to die... Bauer would be dead in less than 30 seconds.. he wouldnt stand a chance in HELL against Mackey.. that's a guarantee! id put money on Mackey to murder anyone... shit, the only person who may give him a run for his money is Sayid

for real tho people.. you HAVE to fucking watch The Shield.. the one way i would compare it to LOST (the greatest show ever in the history of television) is that once you watch the first episode.. you're hooked! i always tell people that i want to get hooked on LOST to watch the first 3 episodes... and that's exactly what i would tell people who want to get into The Shield... sure, i think the first episode is more than enough.. but once you watch 3.. it's a wrap! you're in for the long haul! oh and i HIGHLY suggest getting into this show for another great reason.. not only is the cast AMAZINGLY perfect... but wait until you hit up season 5... Forrest Whitaker is a guest star on the ENTIRE 5th season! he is the fucking SHIT! you're gonna hate the fuck outta him... but just WAIT until you make it to season 5... you'll probably watch all the episodes back to back to back.. all in one night.. just because of how fucking amazing he is and how amazing that entire season is!

seriously.. i could go on and on and on (which i pretty much already have) about The Shield... it's so fucking amazing and is the second best show ever and the best show that has ANYTHING to do with cops... EVER!

The Shield > The Wire.... Vic Mackey > McNulty.... that's just facts... go ahead and watch The Shield... if you're a Wire fan and you think McNulty is the shit.. just wait until you see Vic Mackey... it'll be a motherfucking WRAP on McNulty... he's like a chihuahua puppy to Vic's motherfucking steroided out angry as fuck pitbull!

LOST > The Shield > everything else

FACT!

and MusH.. what are you expecting from this final season in regards to Vic, Shane, the Farm and everything else? im interested to hear your opinion!

Comment

im sorry but the wire shits on the shield
        you can thank me now...

Comment

this is my fav show of all time!!!! its better IMO than lost... dont bring on the ahte if u think im stupid then u think im stupid.. lol i rem the frist eposide... i was hooked soo fast!!!!... i am sad that this is the final season... i have come to loce all the people on there... i cant wiat.... i think it will get pushed baack again though... they always start the show late jan/ early feb... though i hop it sticks to this sept...
          OSU BASKETBALL #1 28-2

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
            and MusH.. what are you expecting from this final season in regards to Vic, Shane, the Farm and everything else? im interested to hear your opinion!
            I'm expecting Shane to die, in typical Shield fashion. Possibly at the hands of a random thug, after Mackay doesn't back him up. Quite a few times a member of the team has mentioned something along those lines, that sntiching or turning your back on the team could leave you with no-one to back you up. I think Shane'll need back-up, Mackay won't help him. As far as Mackay goes, i think in reaction to Shane's death, he'll do something stupid... don't think they'll kill him off, i think it will result in him going to prison, and the task-force will be disbanded, the farm will be shut-down, just a chain reaction... dunno though, i can't really guage where the shield's going at all.

aMuse'd

You have to understand...
            Everything I did, I did for the island.

Comment

Its so hard to tell how this could all end. The tension between Shane and Mackey at the end of last season was some of the best I've ever seen of anything I've ever watched. I'm just pissed its taking so long to get there! I believe they'll go out with THE best ending of any TV series. Ever. But, do I think Shane will get killed? No. Its too obvious, and from a show that throws in random twists of events every once in a while, they'll save the best for last. I expect something or someone big to come back for Mackey and end him. Maybe he'll go out like Leo in The Departed, where just as you thought everything was good, he was killed by a character who had little part in any of it. Something tells me this will trail all the way back to season 1 and pluck out somebody who is related to the cop he killed. Or, maybe shane escapes to mexico in the first episode, I dont know.

This is the best show of all time though. No questions asked.
              LISTEN TO AND DOWNLOAD MY NEW EP ENTITLED "ĆP" at http://composed.bandcamp.com/ FOR FREE!

SUPPORT INDEPENDENT MUSIC!

Comment

yea i have NO idea where it's going either.. seriously.. i really dont want Mackey to get killed off tho.. he's been too great since the beginning... i want him to be alive in the end

Comment

The story could go in many directions. As long as it's good and compelling then I'm for whatever happens.
                  Oh Shit FREE
                  Recovery on Amazon
                  I'm On Twitter

Comment

it's always good and compelling.. so im not worried..

Comment

One of my favourite shows. I have no idea what will happen, anyone could die but Shane is kinda obvious, would be such a shame if Ronnie dies, and I reckon Acevada could get himself killed (or at least that prositute thing will be brought back up). Can't wait for it

Comment

Me Too!

Originally posted by MusH View Post
                        I'm expecting Shane to die, in typical Shield fashion. Possibly at the hands of a random thug, after Mackay doesn't back him up. Quite a few times a member of the team has mentioned something along those lines, that sntiching or turning your back on the team could leave you with no-one to back you up. I think Shane'll need back-up, Mackay won't help him. As far as Mackay goes, i think in reaction to Shane's death, he'll do something stupid... don't think they'll kill him off, i think it will result in him going to prison, and the task-force will be disbanded, the farm will be shut-down, just a chain reaction... dunno though, i can't really guage where the shield's going at all.
                        I think vic is going to be walking away from him right as it happens. shane will probably get shot execution style. that's my guess. vic will end up in prison with antwone.
                        whoever you are.. i already know
                        you're not the one who got away... you're the one
                        who let me go

Comment

i think Vic will come out on top.. like he always does.. to end it with him in prison or dead would be a disappointment to me

Comment

Originally posted by N-EIGHT View Post
                            im sorry but the wire shits on the shield

Yeh, Shield is a quality show, but The Wire is probably the greatest tv show ever

Comment

The Shield is THAT SHIT. I can't wait for season 7 omfg.
                              NEPatriots 3x World Champions
                              UNC Basketball 5x National Champions
                              Charlotte Bobcats UHHHHHHH

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Lurker07, 02-22-2011, 04:44 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes