Trick 'R Treat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trick 'R Treat

Was originally set to be released last halloween but they didnt want to compete with SAW 4,so its suppose to come out this October

It is said that Halloween is the night when the dead rise to walk among us and other unspeakable things roam free. The rituals of All Hallows Eve were devised to protect us from their evil mischief, and one small town is about to be taught a terrifying lesson that some traditions are best not forgotten.

Nothing is what it seems when a suburban couple learns the dangers of blowing out a Jack-o-Lantern before midnight; four women cross paths with a costumed stalker at a local festival; a group of pranksters goes too far and discovers the horrifying truth buried in a local legend; and a cantankerous old hermit is visited by a strange trick-or-treater with a few bones to pick.

Costumes and candy, ghouls and goblins, monsters and mayhem... the tricks and treats of Halloween turn deadly as strange creatures of every variety—human and otherwise—try to survive the scariest night of the year.

Tell me This Film doesnt look badass!! oh yeah its Rated R as well

Originally posted by Tone Riggz
    Akon has dry humped a teenage girl, tossed a kid off stage...i think for his next feat, he should diamond cutter Tito Jackson...

ok the last 20 seconds of that preview were crazy
    http://www.myspace.com/gordo524

Comment

well..thats kinda dumb to release it this oct. too..lol saw V will be out Oct.27th..lol

I Love Music.
      King of the AVE, with the DEF FEMALE

Follow Me..twitter.com/im_classic
      Jesus loves chainsaws, He'll cut you open something HOLY.
      I hate a Yankee

Comment

Genre: Comedy | Drama | Horror | Thriller
        lol

Comment

nice
          OSU BASKETBALL #1 28-2

Comment

yeah i remember seeing this preview on some dvd from last year.....i was pissed when it didnt come out because it looks like a pretty damn good horror movie. ive checked out the imdb page of this for a while and they are even talking about releasing it like january or february 2009 which would be completely retarded.
            Super Bowl XLI Champions

Indianapolis Colts

XBox Live Tag:
            GlazedJasonMask

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny B View Post
              yeah i remember seeing this preview on some dvd from last year
              It's a preview on the 300 DVD.
              Akon has dry humped a teenage girl, tossed a kid off stage...i think for his next feat, he should diamond cutter Tito Jackson...

Comment

According to bloodydisgusting.com the reason this is taking so long to get released is that Warren bros. dropped it completely and the movie is waiting for somebody to come and pick it up:

"Back in April Legendary Pictures held a screening for their film Trick 'r Treat which was directed by Michael Dougherty. Apparently Warner Bros. Pictures has decided NOT to release it,but due to rave reviews after the screening Lions Gates Entertainment is interested in picking this film up for distribution."

Comment

Bloodydisgusting's Review: (NO SPOILERS,so dont worry)

I know this is going to sound like a backhanded compliment, but I really didn’t expect Michael Dougherty’s TRICK ‘R TREAT to be as good as it was. Not only was this Dougherty’s feature directorial debut, but it’s a film that tells four different stories intermingled into one… for most this would mean instant disaster, for Dougherty it means instant cult classic.

TREAT takes place in an unnamed town during All Hallows Eve (Halloween) where four groups of people all have their own unique, yet terrifying story to tell. One follows Dylan Baker and his son who have too much fun with trick or treaters; then Anna Paquin and her friends lour a bunch of guys to the forest for a night of partying; all the while a group of kids are taking pumpkins to the site of a bus crash where the spirits of the dead are said to be haunting; lastly, an old-bitter man gets visited by a costumed boy who teaches him the seriousness of the holiday.

Dougherty has been trying to get this film off of his artwork and into theaters for a long, long time now… it was worth the wait. The best way to describe TRICK ‘R TREAT is that it reminds me of a live-action NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, or a film that takes place in the same world. The character designs are colorful, unique and completely unnerving, especially the final ‘creature’ who torments the old man. The gorgeous set design only added to the atmosphere of the film, really bringing this artists vision to life. Welcome to Michael Dougherty’s world.

Dougherty’s screenplay was extremely well written as the conversations were realistic and there wasn’t a single taste of cheese to be found… it was all sweet as sugar. Not only was he able to mingle together four intricate stories into one feature film (without breaking into segments like CREEPSHOW), but he also threw in homage after homage to some of our favorite old-school horror films (EVIL DEAD 2, THE THING). The only flaw was that this film was extremely ambitious, a tad overwhelming and confusing at early points in the film - but once things began to flow it was all cherry from then on out.

The film ends extremely strong and I could hear the audience really soaking it in; they were screaming, laughing, jumping, chattering and hooting as the final scenario unfolds.

The audience is very representational of what type of film this truly is… in short, TRICK ‘R TREAT is F-U-N. It’s a trip back to the ‘80s when the goal was to excite and entertain, not torment you. This is the type of film that will ensure you forget about all your worries and will captivate you until the very end (maybe even bring back the spirit of the holiday, which feels long lost).

Comment

This movie looks fucking awesome. I love Halloween-oriented films.

Comment

Lokks quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Splackavellie View Post
                        It's a preview on the 300 DVD.
                        yup that would be it
                        Super Bowl XLI Champions

Indianapolis Colts

XBox Live Tag:
                        GlazedJasonMask

Comment

Thurman Murman is in it so it has to be quality.
                          Steelers|KU Jayhawks|USC

Comment

Fat kid from "Bad Santa"

Comment

So Lions Gate wants to just distribute, meaning straight to DVD or are they going to try to get this in theatres?

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, 06-14-2020, 04:43 AM
                              10 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post OruellKreesbe  
                              Started by hyuioascceio, Today, 01:31 AM
                              0 responses