HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny People (Adam Sandler, Seth Rogan, Eric Bana)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasen
    replied
    horrible movie, turned it off after 30 mins .. ugh ..

Leave a comment:

• Swizz
    replied
    Originally posted by Keigan View Post
    does anyone know if the part is different on the unrated as opposed to theatrical .. cause when i read all the posts on it before everyone was like it's real short and they don't do anything, but i though it was kinda funny goin off on ray romano, just because how totally different they are ..
    i dunno, not like i watched for the em part, but i didn't find it as bad as people made it sound like it was ..
    People definitely exaggerated their reactions just because it was Eminem, no question

It was a decent scene

Leave a comment:

• Keigan
    replied
    Originally posted by Swizz View Post
    From what I remember his part is too short to really be memorable, he isn't particularly funny or awful, he's just sort of there
    does anyone know if the part is different on the unrated as opposed to theatrical .. cause when i read all the posts on it before everyone was like it's real short and they don't do anything, but i though it was kinda funny goin off on ray romano, just because how totally different they are ..

i dunno, not like i watched for the em part, but i didn't find it as bad as people made it sound like it was ..

Leave a comment:

• Swizz
    replied
    Yeah BUT don't go in with high expectations because the film's flaws are very frustrating

Leave a comment:

• MarshallArts
    replied
    It's very encouraging. I've liked his other films, and Undeclared, and Freaks and Geeks, so my hopes are high. Also, Sandler is excellent in dramatic roles.

Leave a comment:

• Swizz
    replied
    I think you'll find my review is incredibly accurate!

Leave a comment:

• MarshallArts
    replied
    I'll check it out.

Leave a comment:

• Swizz
    replied
    From what I remember his part is too short to really be memorable, he isn't particularly funny or awful, he's just sort of there

Leave a comment:

• MarshallArts
    replied
    Haven't seen this yet, but heard Eminem was the worst part of the whole film.

Leave a comment:

• Keigan
    replied
    i liked the movie .. sort of seemed to be a bit long, and it's not a typical apatow film, but it has alot of funny parts .. i liked em's scene alot though, cause when he yelled out

'hey ray. got a fuckin problem?'

i lost it for some reason

Leave a comment:

• Tad
    replied
    FINALLY saw this last night...I agree was a lot of what Swizz said a few posts up. Overall I did like it but they could've shaved like 20 minutes off in the middle. Everyone's performance was damn near perfect.

Em yelling at Ray Romano was funny too..I actually forgot he was in it.

Leave a comment:

• Slyk
    replied
    SON OF A BITCH.!

this movie sucked ass. i was very close to walking out after the first 1.5hours... i wish i would have.

Leave a comment:

• B.C. Stoner
    replied
    Originally posted by Arch Dogg View Post
    All my friends that I talked to so far told me this sucked and that it was way too long. Basically all the same things MIC was sayin. I'm glad I didn't go see it. Here's Eminem's part.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtXtl99WF9Y
    pathetic. and i dont mean the scene

Leave a comment:

• Twan18
    replied
    ^Good review...I'm definitely interested in the movie, but I think the length and what I've heard about the meandering final act is what's going to keep me out of the theater and waiting for the DVD.

Leave a comment:

• Swizz
    replied
    Originally posted by MIC View Post
    -They gave up on a bunch of little parts of the movie. For example: the chick with the glasses. He never got to bang that girl and never had real closure with her character at all.
    lol wtf are you talking about? Saw this a few nights ago, but I'm pretty positive that one of the last scenes of the movie has them making out on his car...

Originally posted by MIC View Post
    seth rogan is barely in it, they make it out like he will be in the beginning till they turn it into a drama
    Did you watch this movie? How could you say Seth Rogan was barely in it? Regardless of the film being more dramatic, Rogan's character was in a huge percentage of the scenes...

Anyway, I don't know, I think this film came really close to being absolutely great. I loved the tone it struck and the effortless switch from comedy to drama, and there were some aspects of the movie that really hit home for me. I also think it was very well-written, communicating a lot of messages and themes without being completely heavy-handed or horribly manipulative. It also features some fantastic performances where you wouldn't expect them - Sandler, Rogan, Bana, Mann, and Schwartzmann are all uniformly excellent and give some of the best work of their respective careers, along with many other great supporting performances and an impressive array of cameos. But goddammit...why not another re-write or two? There's a point in this film where it just starts feeling directionless, as if Apatow isn't sure where he's going with it or how he wants to end it...but he'll figure it out eventually. The final act doesn't have anything wrong with it, really......other than the fact that we've already been watching this movie for an hour and a half and we're ready for a resolution. It's just unnecessarily long and this is a problem that kills the film's chances of being as effective as it could have been.

I still recommend it if you're a fan of the actors or of Apatow's work. There's a lot of great stuff here, but I think there's enough wrong with it to significantly effect its quality.

Leave a comment:

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by ceracareavis, 06-24-2021, 08:47 AM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post Rapsodia  
Started by PaulMEdwards, Today, 03:42 AM
0 responses