HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Dark Knight Review (Long, but honest)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dark Knight Review (Long, but honest)

Everybody has their own taste in books, music, movies, etc. I just recently graduated college with honors, and was able to get most of my schooling paid for because of my writings. I usually tend to go with critics opinion on movies, and prefer a lot of different films that don't always get the "Blockbuster" money making. Dark Knight was sure to be one of the blockbusters...

I did have very high expectations for this film though, and was definately my most anticipated of 2008. Batman was the only "superhero" theme I've ever been able to get into since I was 4 years old (now 22). I've been Batman for Halloween before, as well as the Riddler. I loved Jack Nicholson in the original, liked Returns, liked Forever, hated Batman and Robin, and loved Batman Begins.

Christian Bale is one of the best actors today. He defines Batman, and did a good job in this movie. But all in all, what blew it away was Heath Ledger's performance. Shocker, right? Well considering he was re-doing what was first played by Jack Nicholson (possibly the best actor ever in his prime), it seems almost impossible to top a performance like that...even if Christopher Nolan is diong this Batman franchise.

I enjoyed Harvey Dent much more before Two-Face. He looked very sadistic as Two-Face, but his burnt face reminded me of a brown colored Terminator for some reason. The mouth and the eyeball. Hmm...I don't know. Maybe I was just too infatuated with Joker to care about him.

There's no doubt this Batman series is more dark, and more real. The cast was unbelievable. I for one actually prefered Maggie Gyllenhall (however you spell it) over Katie Holmes. Michael Caine did a good performance, as well as Morgan Freeman. I do wish Freeman was in a little bit more of the film though, because he had great on screen presence and added a lot of humor to the film (which is a great combination adding twisted evil, surprise, comedy, drama, tragedy, and action!)

But with that being said, this film really does have it all! My only negative would be to have made Rachel and Bruce's love relationship in the first half of the movie more focused. Might sound gay, but I think it would have added more to the certain event later on. It was like remorse for 2 minutes, then back to action. Entertainment wise, great. But you gotta milk that shit for all it's worth.

There's no question Heath Ledger stole the show. Not only did he outdo Jack's performance, but he outdid any performance of almost any villain in history. It might not go down in memory is as good of a performance as the best villains ever since it's a comic book adapted film, and the fact people would think it's out of sympathy or tribute because of his death....but this performance is up there with Javier Bardem of No Country for Old Men, Denzel Washington in Training Day, Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs, and Jack Nicholson in the Shining...and it might even be my favorite bad guy performance ever.

You find yourself rooting for the Joker...and in a lot of ways, Joker might have won against Batman at the end. He took his love, his hope of the White Knight, and he survived. I had a lot of fun at the IMax with all my Jokers and Batmans dressed up, and how I enjoyed painting my face, dying my hair, and getting a whole Joker outfit and scaring children and people all through my apartment complex, on the road, in the restaurant and Wal-Mart walking around dressed like a psychotic freak! Haha.

But this movie is worth seeing for Heath's performance alone. It surpassed his Brokeback Mountain performance by a landslide. Some of the scenes, mainly the interrogation room, hospital blow-up, and when he put the knife to the throats and talked about his scars to Gambol and Rachel Dawes...simply the best acting I've maybe ever seen.

Dark Knight is the best overall film I've seen since probably Crash. It won't win movie of the year at the Oscars...but it should. The film does live up to the hype. May I say rest in peace to Heath Ledger, and my prayers with his family. He had a great acting career, and hopefully an even better life while he was here. Now I hope he's in the Heavens looking down on us, as he gave us fans and the whole world a final acting performance that I will never forget.

Dark Knight Rating: A
    Last edited by moemurda; 07-18-2008, 03:10 AM.
    Eminem, Kobe Bryant, Tom Brady, Red Sox, & MoeMurda

Originally posted by TtodaA
    lol at moemuda's epic return including posting pics and mentioning Swizz
    Originally posted by The Happy Chemical
    this thread is legendary

Lmfao Eyerone you are so wrong. Not everybody is a gay Heath Ledger groupie who gets choked up because he was a pussy and killed himself. I fucking hate Heath Ledger and think his acting was meh at best, but his Joker was THE shit. His performance was absolutely amazing and captivating. He was MUCH more than funny. He was easily one of the greatest villains ever, blew Christian Bale out of the water, and his performance will go down in history.
    NEPatriots 3x World Champions
    UNC Basketball 5x National Champions
    Charlotte Bobcats UHHHHHHH

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by WalkerNathanael, Yesterday, 12:15 PM
    1 response
    0 likes