No announcement yet.

New Ghostbusters Closer Than We Think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ghostbusters Closer Than We Think?

We just heard what might possibly be one of the coolest rumors to come across our virtual desk in a long time. This information comes from a very reliable source who cannot, at this point, be named, but they are telling us that a new Ghostbusters film may be happening sooner than we all think.

According to our source all four Ghostbusters -- Dan Akroyd, Bill Murray, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson -- have agreed to return to the franchise. A few years ago that would have been downright unbelievable, but considering they all just got back into their roles for the Ghostbusters videogame, it’s more than plausible that they’d do it on-camera one more time.

Now here’s the really interesting part; though not much is known about the plot, apparently the ‘Busters will be handing over their proton packs to Seth Rogan and the crew from 40 Year Old Virgin! Some may roll their eyes at this, but think about it; these guys are doing the same thing Murray, Ramis, Ivan Reitman, John Candy and their whole crew did back in the 80’s, churning out comedy after comedy, so it makes sense they’d take over these reins as well.

Of course all of it hinges on a budget, classic Hollywood story, but hopefully there’s a studio out there smart enough to know that the fans want at least one more Ghostbusters movie (hell, if done right, possibly a new franchise) and make this sucker happen.

Keep it here for more as we learn it!

Source: http://www.dreadcentral.com/story/ex...-than-we-think

thats dope, i hope they make this...

Comment

Sounds absolutely fucking retarded to me.

Comment

Well, I don't know what to think about this movie. If they couldn't get all the original four (Murray, Aykroyd, Ramis, Hudson) to be in the movie, I would not want a movie. Murray never wanted to do another film unless he was a ghost himself and basically showed up for a cameo. Hell, he was the last one to finish up his voice work for the videogame.

As far as Rogen goes, he's got enough on his plate lately, with his Green Hornet movie starting to take shape. If the original four aren't the ones catching ghosts in a third film, i don't want another film.

Comment

So, I saw this over on a Ghostbusters forum. Purely rumor as well; in fact, the cast list was part of a fan vote to see who they would want to take over the franchise. Some member photoshopped this:

Possibility it would be good if collaborated on by Apatow and Ramis/Reitman? Definite.

Possibility it would be made anytime in the next decade? Slim.

Comment

Originally posted by Tash226 View Post
            So, I saw this over on a Ghostbusters forum. Purely rumor as well; in fact, the cast list was part of a fan vote to see who they would want to take over the franchise. Some member photoshopped this:

Possibility it would be good if collaborated on by Apatow and Ramis/Reitman? Definite.

Possibility it would be made anytime in the next decade? Slim.
            I'd watch ^that^ movie.

But otherwise, it doesn't sound too appealing to me.

Don't make sense
            Goin' to Heaven with the goodie-goodies
            Dressed in white
            I like black Timbs and black hoodies

Comment

This could very much ruin the Ghostbusters legacy, if true.

I'm down to see it though!

Crosssssssssss the streamsssssssss.

Comment

the original 4 are old as dirt, ain't no way they can be in it except for maybe cameos..like have there kids take over the business or something like that.

I Love Music.
                King of the AVE, with the DEF FEMALE

Follow Me..twitter.com/im_classic
                Jesus loves chainsaws, He'll cut you open something HOLY.
                I hate a Yankee

Comment

How's aboot they just DON'T make anymore Ghostbusters movies, huh? Does EVERYTHING need a fucking reboot?

Comment

^ no, the BIG GB fans (like myself) have been waiting for a 3rd since the 90's starring the original 4. Scripts have been written for it by Dan and Harold many years ago, and they've always kept the door open so long as they find a studio to invest in another film. They are proud of what they've created, and they know the fans will appreciate one more sequel.

I was excited about the game (and still am, even though I don't have a next-gen system), but another movie is what we all really want. As far as the 40 year old virgin cast goes...meh. Beggers can't be choosers, and if they ever finally do make this shit, it WILL be fucking amazing. But personally I'm not a huge fan of these new cast rumors in particular. Whatever, I'ma GB kid for life so I'll support anything and everything related to the greatest childhood franchise ever!

Props for posting Anon...I haven't been to any GB forums for a couple months so I was out of the loop with these new rumors
                    Last edited by Sleep; 07-30-2008, 08:21 PM.
                    I’m here, I’m present, I’m suffering

@gracihas

Comment

I don't like seth rogan. I hope they don't screw this one up.
                      New old song of mine Dedicated
                      Dedicated

Comment

Didn't Akroyd and Ramis have a "Ghostbuster 3: Ghostbusters in hell" screenplay ready to go for years now? Or is that being used for the game?

And as much as I'd like a new Ghostbuster movie with the original cast..... if Murray can't put his heart into it anymore, I say just let it rest.
                        "If someone stands in the way of true justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart"

Comment

it seems to be Bill Murray that is stopping it from happening,at least from what I read.

Comment

of course not everything needs a reboot, but ive been a ghostbusters fan since i cant even remember, im looking forward to the game (go to gametrailers.com and search) which looks half way decent for a game and another movie would be great, with the original cast of course but if not then these guys would actually probably do a good job, i like all of them and see no reason why its not possible, but i get why alot of you are saying leave it alone

Comment

After finding no other news about this, I emailed AICN (Harry, Moriarty and Capone) and Moriarty sent me back the phrase "It's not happening." Those three words i trust more than the rumors on other web sites.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Jared30, Yesterday, 06:58 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post noahharry  
                              Started by buyglucoshield, Today, 05:15 AM
                              0 responses