question in regards to South Park writers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question in regards to South Park writers

have Trey Parker and Matt Stone written EVERY episode? it seems like EVERY fucking episode is written by one or the other.. or both.. anyone know this for sure?

ive been watching every single episode again.. just 2 or 3 episodes a night.. in a random ass order... episodes before the last 2 seasons.. just to get caught up... they re-air episodes all the time and i decided to start downloading some old school shit..

seriously.. i cant believe how brilliant this fucking show is! for real! yea, some episodes are lame or werent the best.. but if you think about it, id go with about 85% of all these episodes being classics, imo.. and after EVERY episode ive watched.. they ALWAYS seem to say that it was written by Parker OR Stone.. OR both... anyone know if they EVER take a break? hahaha...

I saw an interview with them a few months back, Ill look for it. Im not sure they specifically said it, but you get the impression that its basically just the two of them behind the show; they delegate after they decide whats happening each episode.

And South Park is fucking BRILLIANT. Its funny as hell and every episode is social commentary.

Comment

lol those cunts put it over anyone

great show
      R.I.P Proof
      get higher, get higher i never retire
      there is only two states to be in.. NSW & Stoned

Comment

from some of the DVD commentaries, it seems like it could be a small group of people involved in the writing process...they're always making references to writer's retreats...

great show, have all of the seasons on DVD (and put some on the iPod)...

http://www.tv.com/south-park/show/34...=tabs;episodes = has credits for every episode (don't know how accurate it is)...
        Last edited by Tone Riggz; 08-06-2008, 08:30 PM.

Comment

I know for sure that Kenny Hotz (of Kenny VS Spenny) has written at least 3 episodes. Marjorine, Two Days Before The Day After Tomorrow and one other one that slips my mind right now.

Although, I think Trey gets writing credit for most episodes and then there's "consultant" credit after that.

EDIT - Okay, just checked this and I was wrong. Looks like Kenny got writing credit on those two along with Matt & Trey respectively. - EDIT

EDIT Jr. - I know that Kyle McCulloch also gets credit on a bunch of different episodes as well. - EDIT Jr.
          Last edited by The Un-American; 08-06-2008, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are fucking geniuses. Enough said.
            Last edited by BuckeyeFootball; 08-07-2008, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Matt & Trey also stick with their friends. Dian Bachar has been on South Park a bunch of times and was in Baseketball, Toddy Walters (from Cannibal/Orgazmo) has been on South Park a bunch of times and cameoed in That's My Bush, Jason McHugh (also from Cannibal) has been on South Park a few times. They did their show Time Warped with pretty much the same cast as Cannibal too.

Has anyone else checked out all the shit these guys have done? If you like South Park, pretty much everything else is golden.

Comment

Im pretty sure thres a female writer in there as well not sure her name or whast she does exactly but i remember an interview from some girl talkin bout creating the episode where Cartman thought he was a vietnamese porostitute
                http://www.myspace.com/gordo524

Comment

i wonder why i never see ANYONE elses name other than Parker and Stone at the end of every episode... never have i once seen another name, at least not that i can remember..

when an episode ends it always says.. "Written by Trey Parker" or "Written by Matt Stone"... ive never seen it say anyone elses name at that exact point at the end of an episode... weird...

Comment

Usually because it's just them. If anybody else contributed, it was very little.

Comment

There was an interview with Matt & Trey awhile back that says they've taken a slightly more hands off approach to the show since they've got such a great staff assembled. Makes sense to me. They don't even do all the voices anymore.

Comment

I know three former writers for South Park -- all women. Pam Brady is the only one who contributed significantly to the show. The other two were saying how little creative freedom they had and that Matt and Trey basically used them to fill in the blank spots.
                        Young, white, and educated. And poor.

Originally posted by BrianPeppers
                        And by the way, I got 90%+ in all my PSAT categories. You?

Comment

Who were the other two? I know Nancy Pimental wrote for the show for awhile and Mary Kay Bergman also worked on it, but I'm not sure what role she had in terms of writing.

And are you saying you know them for realsies? That's cool.

Comment

Nancy Pimental is one of them. Daley Haggar is the other. They're always in my gym. Both sweeties.
                            Young, white, and educated. And poor.

Originally posted by BrianPeppers
                            And by the way, I got 90%+ in all my PSAT categories. You?

Comment

George Bush - "At first I wasn't sure about Nancy Pimental, but now I'd definitely let her give me a handjob".
                              Last edited by The Un-American; 08-06-2008, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Bynarden, Today, 05:09 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bynarden  
                              Started by Gornawil, 06-08-2021, 02:04 PM
                              2 responses