HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Narrative essay for ENG101 about the anger management tour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narrative essay for ENG101 about the anger management tour.

Had an assignment that asked us to describe an experience where a song was playing. I chose to write about the anger management tour. Check it out, and give me some feedback.

"I'm Shady"
    Eminem

One of the most memorable times I heard "Lose Yourself", by Eminem, I was driving to the Anger Management Tour with my Girlfriend Jessica. We had just left her apartment in Tempe, and we decided it was a fitting moment to listen to Eminem. As we were driving, It began to rain. The rain came down in plump, full drops and splattered loudly on the windshield. As we exited the freeway and approached the stop light, I immediately began to smell exhaust fumes from the endless line of cars as we slowly creeped to the front gates of Cricket Pavilion. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, we reached the parking lot and exited the car. As I stepped out of the car I caught a hint of the fresh smell of Arizona rain and watched as a poster promoting the show shuffled across the ground like a feather caught in the wind. We approached the gates only to meet a plethora of other fans waiting impatiently in line as well as staff members strewn about handing out fliers, and other largely uninformative material in a fruitless attempt to milk more money out of the fans. Finally we reached the main entrance and had our tickets verified by a rather unenthusiastic employee. Once we actually entered the concert area I could smell cheap pizza burning, and the faint scent of smoke. We looked around for a few minutes, as this was my first visit to the pavilion, then made our way to the lawn, as the show had just begun.
    First up was Little john, who enthused the crowd with crunk goodness. After about an hour of Crunk Juice, Little john was done for the night and suddenly the entire area was filled with darkness. Now was a great time to abandon our sub-standard lawn seats and rush for the stage. We took one last look at the dimly lit area around us before we climbed the fence and rushed forward. Unfortunately we weren't the only ones with this idea. We suddenly found ourselves amidst a crowd of people shoving their way blindly towards the stage.The path only being lit by the many cell phones that were scattered around us like stars in the clear night sky. Finally we reached the halfway point and decided we wouldn't get greedy, so we stopped where we were and found some seats. Our non greedy approach quickly paid off as we watched security herd back most of the rushers who had continued on towards the stage. Soon thereafter, the second segment of the show began with 50 Cent rappelling from the rafters, blunt in hand, wielding the trademark bullet-proof vest. I could almost smell the blunt from my new-found seats, a great improvement over barely being able to see Little John from the lawn seats. G-unit followed soon after 50 Cent, yelling incoherently into their microphones for almost an hour. As they exited the stage, darkness fell upon us again. This could only mean one thing, the main show was almost here.
    After waiting in near darkness for almost 30 minutes, the lights finally flashed on. The music began playing, and the crowd roared as Eminem rushed out of the double doors onstage. He began to perform his medley of hits for the fans starting with the song "mosh". He continued with D12 to perform "40 ounce" and many others. By this time the crowd was pumped up, and ready to go. Soon, we were all jumping up and down and singing along to some of our favorite songs. It was only at this time that I noticed I was soaked in sweat, we were all simply lost in the moment. When the show had to come to an end, he chose "lose yourself" for the grand finale, a very fitting choice, which was made apparent by the crowd. I can now no longer hear that song without remembering the beginning, and end, of that concert.
    RIP Big Proof. Such a waste of potential.... RIP

and why is this poetry?
    OH HAI!

Comment

but still it was a good read tell us what grade ya got
      OH HAI!

Comment

You seem obsessed with smell.
        Now let the night be dark for all of me.
        Let the night be too dark for me to see
        Into the future. Let what will be, be.'

Comment

Originally posted by gap2gap
          and why is this poetry?
          Probably because Poetry is the closest forum to Literature.

seems like a lot of people have written essays about their concert experiences...
          ... it's no surprise, that I got lost in your brown eyes ...

Comment

That was not a very good essay. It was boring. And the spelling was weird. And so was the grammer. Plus, it's not at all the proper form for an essay. Essays have 5 paragraphs. Well. Yours doesn't. But still.
            no dough ho, you can't fuck with me!

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 08:42 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Demetriazinga  
            Started by Smilert, 11-24-2020, 11:40 AM