The Michael Owen haters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Michael Owen haters...

Ok, last time England played, people were moaning and shit sayin that Michael Owen shouldn't be captain coz of his performaces with Madrid, blah blah blah... I'm sure at the time a lot of people were basing their "opinion" on what they'd read in the paper and hadn't actually watched a Madrid game... well anyways, he's now scored in his last 4 games for Real.

Anyones opinion changed?

Has anyone actually watched a Real Madrid game this season either?
    "Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin'.. Thats God Damn Right"

I havent watched a madrid game since the start of the season cause i dont have a tv with me at uni, but i said at the time of the england games that he shouldnt be captain for his personality and influence on the team. I think it needs to be someone who can motivate the team like someone like sol or stevie gerrard would. Even beckham would do better than owen. Doesnt have that much to do with performance(obviously have to be a half decent player to be in the team) Just my opinion.
    Harry Redknapp; he's got a twitch. How he got it we don't know, how he got it we don't care. All we know is he has got a twitch. He's got a twitch...

Comment

I watched the game last night he's found his form again with an excellent finish... should he be captain of England in Beckham's absense? When you look at Sol Campbell, Steven Gerrard, Rio Ferdinand & even John Terry's leadership qualities i'd have to say no, regardless of form... you aren't appointed captain based on form, its based on motivational skills... on one side of the arguement we haven't trained with the squad so who are we to judge Sven's choices, on the other side he has a history of favouring established internationals in positions that debutants and other players would have had more of an impact (wright phillips, parker, downing, robinson)... watching England games with Owen wearing the armband, he doesn't seem to me to have the presence required to lead a team, his personality comes across as reserved, yet his sheer desire to play for England probably made up Sven's mind... when Peter Taylor gave Beckham the captaincy for the first time it wasn't because of his form or status, but his desire to lead England to greater things... it may not come across on the pitch in Owen's case but I doubt many first teamers would have opinions against his appointment...

w00t

Comment

i dont hate him but i dont think hes a great great player.Im not from england so i dont know him that well to judge his exibitions or career.hes scoring now wat´s good for him

Comment

I missed the game last night but I seen the last few and he is defintely getting better with Real, that thing they did with Raul on the left wing was nice awell.
          MM4

Comment

I saw the English papers saying shit like You're not a Galactco go back to England and what not. The Spanish papers are alot different, they're glad with Owen and he's been scoring more for them than anyone else.

I went to the 2nd game he scored in and I can tell you that Owen is well liked here. I didn't see the game last night but I know hescored in tht one as well,noone on Madrid is scoring as frequently ashim so Owen haters should be quiet.

Owen being captain on England, I think it should be Steven Gerrard but I'm sure there is a reason Owen became captain that game.

Comment

sorry, maybe I wrote my post wrong.. i wasn't actually debating the credability of Owen as England captain... In the last "debate" people were just saying that he was shit and he was judged on his past performances. I just wondered if the same people who said he was shit coz of his form at Madrid [based on what they'd read in the papers] had changed their mind and seen that he is playing well... The captaincy thing was just an issue to remind people of the topic.

And Rog.. the media here won't be satisfied until they have destrroyed the English team.. nothing but constant negativity and its truly disgraceful. The Sun actually had article after article on why FIFA should persue a ban against David Beckham for that incident against Wales. I mean, come on, wtf? He is English, You are English.. leave it be. Be thankful that he wasn't banned. This country's media is a joke.
              "Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin'.. Thats God Damn Right"

Comment

That would be because half of it including the sun is owned by Rupert Murdoch, aka the cunt. He is just a greedy twat. Its a shame that the press here is so shit and jumps on the back of any england player/manager at any opportunity.
                Harry Redknapp; he's got a twitch. How he got it we don't know, how he got it we don't care. All we know is he has got a twitch. He's got a twitch...

Comment

Ive watched almost every Madrid match this season and still say he's not the player he once was. He's scored a few goals, but thats all he's done.

Comment

all the injurys have affected him, he doesnt seem to have the pace to beat players anymore. He never had skills to do so but could out run them, now he cant though. Still a decent finisher though

Comment

Owen is a good player shame he played for the Scouse Scum

Comment

Originally posted by MEADOWS KILLAS
                        owen comes off the sub bench,7 minutes later beats a player then scores a left foot shot

5 in 6 games,and he only plays half of those games

admit folks hes a great great player who always makes morons eat humble pie

Proper goal that one was.

People love Micheal Owen here. He's consistently scoring more than all the other strikers Madrid has at the moment.

To whoever said he doesn't have the skill to get past players or the speed, watch the goal from this weekend.

Comment

Owens a good player with a great record at liverpool, where you have to add he was never challenged for his place since he broke through. Coming off the bench and scoring isn't good for a player like Owen, he needs to improve himself to the Madrid coaching staff if he ever wants to do anything. He was the the number two striker for England at Euro 2004, behind a rookie 18 year old. Theres a chance he'll rot away into nothing.

Comment

He's nothing compared to Shevchenko
                            There is a power so organized so subtle so watchful so interlocked so complete so pervasive that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.
                            Woodrow Wilson

Comment

In the words of the great Jim Rome "Soccer is stupid."

If you want to know why, download Jim Rome talking about soccer.
                              ks

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by besabki, Today, 04:50 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post besabki