X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Keeper For Man Utd?

Man Utd seek Carroll replacement

Carroll ponders new deal

Manchester United are preparing to find a replacement for Roy Carroll as the goalkeeper has so far failed to negotiate a new contract with the club.
    Northern Ireland shot-stopper Carroll, 27, had insisted that he wanted to stay at Old Trafford beyond this summer but has continued to stall on a new deal.

"There's no indication he is going to accept our final offer," United's chief executive David Gill told BBC Radio 4.

"We will look at who is available and who could fill his boots."

Earlier this month, Carroll said: "I would love to stay. I've been at United for nearly four years now and the time has flown by.

"This is the biggest club in the world and we are always in with a chance of winning trophies - and that is what you want as a player."

And Carroll's agent Francis Martin said at the start of March that the player's hesitation to commit to a new contract "certainly had nothing to do with money".

However, the keeper - who has struggled for form this season - is concerned about his future footballing opportunities if he stays on.

"On the one hand, he could stay and end up being the third-choice goalkeeper," explained Martin.

"On the other hand, does he take a big risk by leaving Manchester United? It's a big decision for him."

Gill has already confirmed that there is no more cash on the table for Carroll.

The Old Trafford hierarchy are convinced that Carroll will struggle to find the same terms elsewhere, although Martin recently insisted that the delaying tactics are not an attempt to attract offers from rival clubs.

"We are not trying to drum up extra interest, it is purely a professional decision on Roy's part," he added.

"His preference would still be to stay at United but he wants to be clear in his mind that he is seen as a long-term, first-team prospect.

"A month ago it looked like that was the case but, unfortunately, he has made a couple of mistakes recently and that might have put doubt in the manager's mind again."

Carroll's claims have been hindered by a blunder against Tottenham on 4 January, when only a mistake by the match officials led to him getting away with dropping Pedro Mendes' long-range effort behind the line.

He then fumbled a shot for Hernan Crespo to grab a crucial winner for AC Milan in the Champions League first leg at Old Trafford - a mistake that resulted in him being replaced by Tim Howard for the win against Portsmouth on 26 February.

They need a new keeper either way if they want to get up there with Chelsea, howard and carrol and both too dodgy, just wondering who the united fans on here want as their number 1 next season, realisticly
    Vets > Norms

i wud love to see either

seb. frey of parma
    or paul robinson

we have been linked heavily with both

will be interesting to see who they get

one thing is for sure, we need one badly!!!
    if u lost a hommie u know friendship is god given

- the game

Comment

i would like to see casillas, he is my fave goalkeeper but cudcini could be avaible he dont get the games.
      ARN

UKDynasty

MySpace

My YouTubes

Comment

Chelsea have said they wont sell him to a Premiership Rival
        Vets > Norms

Comment

how about robert green?

Comment

^^^ Shit forgot about him, you know since you said that i got feeling he could be one of the main contenders
            ARN

UKDynasty

MySpace

My YouTubes

Comment

shay given or paul robinson wouldnt b too bad

wat ever happened 2 abbiatti movin frm AC??
              "When The Seagulls Follow The Trawler, It Is Only Because They Think Sardines Will Be Thrown Into The Sea" - King Eric
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hau9q9lWjXM

Comment

Carrol isn't too bad a keeper, for some reason he only seems to struggle with shots straight at him, in saying that he won't be that hard to replace.

I'd like to see Frey, Given or Robinson at Utd, I would really like to see Buffon or Casillas but can't see them coming

Comment

i reckon they will get frey or robinson - frey i think is 6m, but spurs wud prob want dirtloads for robinson, like when we were apparently intrested in king they slapped a 20 odd million tag on him..

id like robinson, frey or cudicini to come to arsenal over the summer please.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Deborahlanker, 10-14-2020, 10:23 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Nancystarkman  
                  Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 10:31 AM
                  4 responses