Moss & Marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moss & Marijuana

NEW YORK (AP) - Oakland Raiders receiver Randy Moss admits he has used marijuana since entering the NFL seven years ago and still smokes it "every blue moon."

"I have used, you know, marijuana ... since I've been in the league," Moss said in an interview for HBO's "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" scheduled to air Tuesday night. "But as far as abusing it and, you know, letting it take control over me, I don't do that, no."
    When pressed whether he still smokes marijuana, the star receiver with the checkered past said: "I might. I might have fun. And, you know, hopefully ... I won't get into any trouble by the NFL by saying that, you know. I have had fun throughout my years and, you know, predominantly in the offseason.

"But, you know, I don't want any kids, you know, watching this taking a lesson from me as far as 'Well, Randy Moss used it so I'm going to use it.' I don't want that to get across. Like I say ... I have used (marijuana) in the past. And every blue moon or every once in a while I might."

The NFL's drug policy calls for up to 10 tests a month after one positive result. A second violation results in a fine equal to the player's salary for four games, a third in a four-game suspension, and a year's suspension for a fourth violation.

Moss has never been suspended for violating the league's drug policy and NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said it is confidential whether the receiver is in the drug program or not.

"We evaluate all conduct related to substance abuse and it is handled confidentially by the doctors," Aiello said.

Moss was traded from the Minnesota Vikings in early March. He was limited by a hamstring injury last season and finished with 49 catches for 767 yards and 13 touchdowns. It was the first time in his seven seasons that he didn't reach 1,000 yards receiving.

Moss has had problems on and off the field throughout his college and pro career. He lost scholarships at Notre Dame and Florida State because of a battery charge and marijuana use. He set records at Marshall and clearly was the most dynamic receiver in the 1998 draft, but lasted until 21st overall because of his past trouble.

Last year, Moss was fined $10,000 for pretending to pull down his pants and moon the Green Bay crowd during Minnesota's playoff win. He also drew criticism for leaving the field with 2 seconds left in a regular-season loss against Washington.

Other transgressions include bumping a traffic control officer with his car in 2002, verbally abusing corporate sponsors on a team bus in 2001 and squirting an official with a water bottle in 1999.
    Dollarpays

Damn I was just about to post this.

It's not like we dont know Moss has already smoked weed. This isen't a big deal if you ask me PLENTY of sports stars smoke weed they just dont bring that stuff into the media.

It's just gonna hurt Moss because he already has that bad reputation.

Moss whether he is high or not> Your favorite wr..... 2;-{}2
    Minnesota Vikings needs in the offseason

- QB

- Re-sign Sidney Rice

- Defensive Backs

Comment

Moss whether he is high or not> Your favorite wr

lol True.
      Dollarpays

Comment

Originally posted by Remy_1Lebeau
        Last year, Moss was fined $10,000 for pretending to pull down his pants and moon the Green Bay crowd during Minnesota's playoff win.

Am i the only person who thinks that whole incident is still funny? Especially a few days later when he said "Maybe next time i'll shake my dick around". Maybe im just incredibly immature.

Oh yea and Moss>your fav reciever
        Last edited by no good27; 08-18-2005, 04:52 PM.
        National Champion North Carolina Tarheels

Comment

im completely against the nfl testing for nething other then preformance enhancing drugs..................but i do feel that teams should be allowed to test there players and make there own decisions as if 2 cut a blazer or not
          FORZA NERAZZURRI!!
          Il Biscione č arrivo3;-)3

Comment

What a faggot hes just jealous that its all eyes on TO right now. Stupid attention whore.

Comment

^ Yes he probably is jealous because all the attention is on Owens right now. And we also know Moss craves attention and has done and said some stupid things. I'm tired you people crying everytime Moss does something you dont like, even if it's immature thats the way he is SO JUST LIVE WITH IT (arguingsm

Randy Moss even if he is a attention whore and weed smoker> your favorite wr and you can like it or love it....... 2;-{}2
              Last edited by TimmyT; 08-18-2005, 10:28 PM.
              Minnesota Vikings needs in the offseason

- QB

- Re-sign Sidney Rice

- Defensive Backs

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyT1184
                Randy Moss even if he is a attention whore and weed smoker> your favorite wr and you can like it or love it
                lmao you killin me with these, but i think he is cravin the attention.
                Last edited by no good27; 08-19-2005, 01:49 AM.
                National Champion North Carolina Tarheels

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyT1184

Randy Moss even if he is a attention whore and weed smoker> your favorite wr and you can like it or love it....... 2;-{}2
                  lol! so true though!!
                  GO CUBS

I make rappers cry, onions
                  You can't walk in my shoes, bunions

Comment

I personally could care less if he, or anyone else for that matter smokes weed. But it's stupid of him to start going out and saying he's done it a few times while in the league. The league could start testing him more, and one of these times he may get caught. If he gets caught twice, he's out for a whole season, like Onterrio Smith of the Vikings.

Moss is a attention whore and I don't think the chemistry will ever be perfect on whatever team he's on. He fits in great with the Raiders though, they take troublemakers like that and the fans love it.

But, Moss IS still the best receiver in the NFL, fuck a TO.

But there was really no reason for Moss to start talking about smoking weed while in the league. It can't do anything positive for him by saying this, but that's how Moss is, he does and says what he wants.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by vibration, Today, 12:21 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post vibration  
                    Started by vibration, Today, 12:19 AM