Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAME- Around the Horn

Any sports Topics

make a statement and the next person has to buy or sell and tell why, then start a new subject.

Michael Finley lands in Detroit

BUY OR SELL
    [CENTER]DETROIT PISTONS!!!

Great idea
    I'm going to have to sell that
    If he lands in detroit,that would mean he will come off the bench,they already got billups,hamilton and prince as starting guards and S/F
    At this point of Finley's career i think he wants to re-establish himself as one of league's prominent scorer.He has already done a lot of winning last few years in dallas.I think he would rather elect to play for a bottom half team and shine there.I can see him going to Atlanta,if they are willing to pay Joe Johnson almost 100 million then you'd think they will shed out some benjamins toward Finley.

Buy or sell
    Moss > T.O

Comment

This is on ESPN.

Sell.

Moss is a playmaker, but when you have a great QB like Daunte throwing perfect bomb/accurate passes to him, Its easy to catch. Rather than when youre with an old guy like Garcia where you have to work to catch that ball.
      To the British, I'm Ghandi/
      To the Japanese I'm an American pilot flyin over Nagasaki/
      To the AIDS patient I'm your last antibody/
      Sittin and waitin for a cure from modern biology/

-Canibus

Comment

yes i know its on espn, you forgot ur topic so i guess i will start another one...

BUY OR SELL

miami heat brecame WORSE after trades for anotoine walker and jason williams

Comment

Sell, they became worse when they lost Damon Jones, which had nothing to do with the trade, so to get better they had to make this trade. Walker gives them a post presence in addition to Shaq, a solid defensive player inside, a more than adequate ball handler for his size, and if Riley and Van Gundy control the sperratic 3-point shooting he will make a worthy addition. Look at how he improved Boston immediately after they reacquired him last season. Jason Williams makes a solid point guard, back up or starter, and had a career low in turnover's per game last season, while still maintaining nearly 6 assists a game. The assists should rise if he does start, and even if he doesn't he would still provide excellent ball control while the ball is out of D-Wade's hands.

Buy or Sell: Now that Hockey is nationally televised on the Outdoor Life Network, ratings will actually be WORSE than the last season before the lockout on ESPN.
          Last edited by Babbaganush; 08-20-2005, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Buy
            Who the fuck watches outdoor life network?In previous years hockey was nationally televised on networks like ESPN and ABC and even then the ratings were god awful,noway in hell they do better now,specially if you add in the fact that they are just coming of a lockout year in which they've lost plenty of fans who have no interst in coming back and supporting their respective teams anymore.The only thing NHL has going for them is Sidney Crosby but they got screwed when pittsburgh got him instead of a big market like New York,maybe if that would have happened they would of had a fighting chance to do good in ratings.Bottomline is when people didnt watch it on ESPN and ABC,they sure wouldnt watch it now on OLN after a lost season.Though in Canada the ratings will be just fine if not better than they had been in previous years because of the new CBA deal that allows smaller market teams to go out and get superstar players.Parity=

Buy or Sell?
            Race drivers are atheletes.
            Last edited by Lost Side Of The Moon; 08-20-2005, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Sell

ath·lete ( P ) Pronunciation Key (thlt)
              n.
              A person possessing the natural or acquired traits, such as strength, agility, and endurance, that are necessary for physical exercise or sports, especially those performed in competitive contexts.

Having hand/eye coordination and wits solely does not make you an athlete. Just because it's televised on a sports' channel like ESPN does not make it a sport (see: WS of Poker).

While a sport can be defined as something involving strenuous physical activity, there is also this:
              n.

An active pastime; recreation.

Racing is a sport, but so is fishing. You do not have to be an athlete to participate in certain sports, and racing fits into this category.

Buy or sell: The New York Yankees will make the postseason this year.

Comment

I agree racecar drivers arent atheletes.
                I'm gonna buy the yankees on making the postseason this year.
                If you look at the other contenders,A's,Indians and Twins...yankees' offense is definitely better than any of those teams,and they have veteran pitchers who have been through it before and know how to get it done,something the other 3 teams dont have.They are also getting healthier,pavano and wright could be huge down the stretch,not to mention that Steinbrenner guy,don't be surprised if the yankees land a bigname player before august 31st to help them out.If they don't win the division they definitely will win the wild card.

Buy or Sell?
                Little League Baseball games should not air on ESPN

Comment

Sell.

If they can air repeats of the WS of Poker, AND a spelling bee, they damn well better be airing games which can potentially harbor future major leaguers, as was the case years ago with people like Sean Burroughs and Al Leiter. Besides, unlike the major league world series, this is actually a world competition involving kids from all over the world. There's no other network more proper to host this.

Buy or sell: The New England Patriots are the favorites to win another superbowl this year.

Comment

^ BUY

Yes they are the favorites to win the Superbowl again this season. Their defending the championship so as far I'm concerned their number # 1 on the power rankings list. To be the champ you gotta BEAT the champ.
                    Minnesota Vikings needs in the offseason

- QB

- Re-sign Sidney Rice

- Defensive Backs

Comment

u gotta start a new subject.... here i will start another one

BUY OR SELL

did randy moss admit to drugs for attention (cuz owens is gettin alot)

Comment

Sell. Moss just didn't think before he spoke--besides, it's not really something any educated NFL fan didn't already know. Moss doesn't need any more attention--everyone and their mother know he's better than T.O.

Buy or sell: In an imaginary world (since I don't want to even consider the rumor), a Roger Clemens positive steroid test would jeopardize his hall of fame chances.

Comment

I'm selling. Roger Clemens has done so much stuff beyond other people who took steiroids like Raphy Palmero(and he will most likely get in) You also don't know how long he took this for.

Buy or Sell - Houston winning the N.L Wild Card?

Comment

Tough one. I'll go with buy, only because the NL East is so evenly matched up that and they play each other so often. Houston has to deal with St. Louis and Chicago and that's it.

Buy or sell: In lieu of Thomas Herrion's death despite Denver's cool air, the NFL teams need to establish a weight standard based on a combination of height, weight, and body fat for all their players, in order extend livelihood during and after NFL life for larger players.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by pdumbgukogqw, Today, 02:18 AM
                            0 responses
                            1 view
                            0 likes
                            Last Post pdumbgukogqw  
                            Started by Nancystarkman, Today, 12:34 AM