HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"A Star is Reborn: Why You Need T.O. in Your Life" R Littal BlackSportsOnline.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "A Star is Reborn: Why You Need T.O. in Your Life" R Littal BlackSportsOnline.com

Also on http://www.blacksportsonline.com

Week 4 of the The Robert Littal Show aka The Truth Show podcast

---

My take on Eva Longoria and Tony Parker "My First Sex Teacher"

and

Who I think will make it to the Final Four

-------
    A Star is Reborn

Written By Robert Littal

“Hate it or love it the underdogs on top/ Am I going to shine homie until my heart stop / Go
    ahead envy me / I’m raps MVP / And I ain’t going nowhere so you can get to know me”

The Game feat: 50 Cent “Hate it or Love it”

Hate him or love him, T.O. is back and you care. You don’t want to admit it, but you care.
    A lot of people assume hate is the opposite of love, which isn’t the case. Indifference is the
    opposite of love. You have to care to hate and from the looks of it, people care about T.O. a
    whole lot. T.O. had to go to Dallas because this is where the legend began. Before the “Star”
    incident, T.O. was just known as Terrell Owens the mercurial WR of the San Francisco 49ers.
    After, he was T.O. the selfish, all about me, troublemaking, diva receiver. They say life goes in
    a circle; well Owens has now gone 360 degrees.

This is it for Owens, this is his last opportunity to prove people like me correct in saying that
    he is not as bad a person as people make him out to be. I think Owens is misunderstood. I think
    the media has made him into this monster that he really isn’t. This the same media that tells
    you Ron Artest is crazy; Allen Iverson is a thug and Barry Bonds single-handily brought steroids
    into baseball. Owens has to be held accountable for his actions. At times he has been a
    troublemaker and in some instances he would have been better served to keep his mouth
    closed. On the flip side Owens has never beat his wife, been caught drunk driving, been
    accused of rape or been accused of putting on the cream and the clear. Free speech seems to
    apply to everyone except Owens. People fail to realize most of what he says is true. From Jeff
    Garcia to Ray Lewis to the Eagles Management to Donovan McNabb, if you listen to all of
    Owens’s rants you will find a lot of truth in them. Owens biggest problem is speaking to the
    media about things that should be kept internal. In sports, image is everything and to have the
    right image you have to be the biggest liars to the media. You think Michael Jordan or Peyton
    Manning are as perfect as they appear to be? You probably do because you have been
    brainwashed, but if you live in the real world you understand there are a lot more people like the
    real Terrell Owens than the fake Peyton Manning. While Owens will never be able to be as fake
    as Manning, he absolutely has to learn what I like to call:

“The Kobe Commandments”

1st Kobe Commandment

Thou shall take out my anger on those who hate on me, on the field of play by destroying
    everyone in my path.

This shouldn’t be too hard for Owens, because he always played with a chip on his
    shoulder especially against those who he thinks have done him wrong (are you listening Eagles
    fans?).

2nd Kobe Commandment

Thou shall come to an understand that no matter what I say or do the media and
    brainwashed fans will hate me, so no need to kiss up to them anymore.

Owens will never have the media on his side, so he needs to stop trying to explain himself
    to them thinking they will understand. As far as the fans, most fans are so stupid that they will
    boo before the play and cheer if he makes a TD after, so no need to pay any attention to how
    they feel. Performance on the field is all that matters

3rd Kobe Commandment (also known as the Rasheed Wallace rule)

Thou shall bite my lip really hard and utter cliché phrases like “Both Teams Played Hard”,
    “No Comment” and “You Need To Talk To Coach About That”, when the media tries to bait me
    into a controversial statement, but with the look in my eyes I will tell them what they want to
    know.

For a perfect example of how this works, watch Kobe Bryant’s interview with Stephen A.
    Smith on “Quite Frankly”. Every time Stephen A. brought up something controversial
    (especially the Colorado incident) Kobe bit that lip and spit out those clichés, but his face told
    the true story. This is going to be difficult for Owens, who has a serious problem of speaking
    before he thinks, but as stated before he does not have any room for error if he wants to
    continue to cash those checks, which brings me to my next point.

Every media outlet in America and probably in the world has made fun of agent Drew
    Rosenhaus. His famous “Next Question” sound bite is played at least once a day somewhere.
    He has been called a shark, a snake, a slug and words I don’t feel comfortable writing in this
    column. Even the NFL themselves took a shot at Rosenhaus in a nationally televised
    commercial. A Philadelphia beat writer posed the question to Rosenhaus what has he done for
    Owens besides getting him suspended. Everyone had a good laugh at Rosenhaus’s expense,
    but in the end Drew got the last laugh. Only ignorant people actually thought that teams would
    not deal with Rosenhaus because of his affiliation with Owens. Ignorant in the fact that you
    cannot find one GM in the league who has ever said that they had a problem dealing with
    Rosenhaus. To the contrary most GMs enjoy negotiations with Rosenhaus because he does
    not B.S. or play games. He just wants to get the best deal for his client. Don’t let the act that he
    plays on TV fool you, this is a man who wants to get business done and genuinely cares about
    his clients. The NFL is a business and in the NFL world all that matters is getting the deal
    done. If the Eagles hated Rosenhaus so much, why did they just sign his client Jabar
    Gaffney? If Drew is such a bad agent, why will Edgerrin James end up making more money
    than Shaun Alexander? There were people who stated their reputation that Owens would not
    get more than the 7 million dollars that he was suppose to get with the Eagles this year. Today
    many reputations have been stained because Owens’s contract guarantees him 10 million this
    year, with an opportunity to make 15 million in the last two years of the deal. Drew’s work is
    done; it is all on Owens now. Considering the circumstances and the client, Rosenhaus did his
    best work and in the end it will enhance his reputation as an agent who cares about clients and
    gets the best deal done. I don’t think we will see any more NFL commercials about Rosenhaus
    this year.

One of the misconceptions about Owens is that he destroyed teams in San Francisco and
    Philly. The fact is that the 49ers were going downhill way before he was yelling at coaches and
    pulling out sharpies. Funny that they have gotten worst since he has left. Call me crazy, but if
    you get rid of a so-called cancer you should get better not worst right? It is easier to blame
    Owens than admit the truth that the 49ers front office screwed up the team. Until the Eagles
    suspended him, he was playing the best ball of his career and the Eagles were playoff
    contenders. The Eagles (and Donovan McNabb) made a conscious decision to tank their
    season when they suspended him. The Eagles management had an opportunity to nip this in
    the bud early, but decided their reputation, as a hard-line organization was more important to
    them than winning. A source from Owens camp confirmed to me that all Owens wanted was his
    7 million dollar roster bonus to be guaranteed and an understanding that the team would be
    open to renegotiations after the year. This would not be considered an uncommon request for
    a star player to make. All the Eagles had to say was they were open to it and it would have
    been a non-issue. Considering Owens put his career on the line to play in the Super Bowl I don’
    t think it was too much to ask for, but Andy Reid and Joe Banner paid the price for worrying
    about dollars and cents over wins and loses.

Every sports media personality ranted and raved about how bad of a teammate Owens
    was, but amazingly almost every Eagle not named Donovan McNabb wanted him back on the
    team after he was suspended. Who are you going to believe? Tom Jackson sitting on his ass
    eating fritters in the studio or Jeremiah Trotter a respected leader in the Eagles locker room?
    Was it a coincidence many of the things that Owens said about McNabb and Eagles
    organization were echoed by teammates after the season? So this overwhelming sentiment that
    Owens destroys teams is overblown. This perception that Owens is the worst person in the
    league is laughable in my opinion. The NFL is filled with drug users, wife beaters and convicted
    felonies, but a guy who talks too much is the worst person in the league?

{Message Truncated For Entire Article Click Here}

You're right. Owens isn't a bad guy. You don't see him being ccaught on sex cruises or being arrested for DUI's. He's just egotistical. If he had a little bit of rehab, he wouldn't be so much trouble.
    Steelers+Penguins+Panthers=Pittsburgh
    HAIL TO PITT

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Deborahlanker, 04-07-2021, 12:32 PM
    11 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Morris12