• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS Sportsline NFL Power Rankings

POWER RANKINGS
    Current Team

1 Pittsburgh Steelers
    They are still the class of the league. Ben Roethlisberger will continue to get better, which is why they might be even better next season.

2 Indianapolis Colts

How do they fill Edgerrin James' shoes? They take a young back early in the draft, plug him into the offense, and move on. It won't be as big a loss as one might think. This is a pass-first team.

3 New England Patriots
    They're up in arms in New England because the Patriots haven't spent any money and they have so much cap room. Guess what? The Patriots are being smart as hell again. Don't worry about this group, they'll be just fine.

4 Carolina Panthers
    They had as good an offseason as any team. Adding Johnson and defensive tackle Maake Kemoeatu were great moves. They don't have a lot of holes, and the ones they have are not prime positions.

5 Miami Dolphins
    Even with Culpepper, this team needs to get better line play. If they do, watch out. Ronnie Brown could be ready for a 1,500-yard season.

6 Jacksonville Jaguars
    They entered the offseason worried about their offense, but did little other than sign two former first-round offensive tackles who have struggled for most of their career. They must be assuming a lot of growth by some young offensive players.

7 Denver Broncos
    They did a good job re-signing their own in Matt Lepsis and Gerard Warren, but they lost some good ones in Trevor Pryce and Mike Anderson. There hasn't been a lot added, either. But this remains a quality team.

8 Seattle Seahawks
    Losing Steve Hutchinson at guard will hurt, but they did the right thing not matching the offer sheet. Julian Peterson will help the defense, but have they really improved?

9 New York Giants
    Their success will hinge on how much Eli Manning grows. The feeling here is that he improves a bunch. This team also has to play better against the pass, which means a lot of pressure on free-agent corner Sam Madison.

10 Dallas Cowboys
    This will likely be Bill Parcells' last year, and this team is ready to make a strong Super push. They've had a nice offseason. T.O. is a great addition.

11 Philadelphia Eagles
    With Donovan McNabb back, they are a strong contender. But somebody has to emerge outside as a weapon, and I don't think that's Jabar Gaffney.

12 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    They were a playoff team a year ago with bad offensive line play. If that improves, it will help Chris Simms a bunch. Then who knows? But the line is a big issue now.

13 Chicago Bears
    Somebody, whether it's Brian Griese, Rex Grossman or Kyle Orton (not likely), has to step up and become a factor at the quarterback position. They have to throw it better.

14 Washington Redskins
    They spent and spent and spent some more. What else is new? So what did they get? A receiver (Randle-El) who had 35 catches last year, a tight end (Christian Fauria) who won't scare people down the field, a safety (Adam Archuleta) who is a liability in coverage, another receiver (Brandon Lloyd) from a team in need of them yet was willing to trade him and a defensive end (Andre Carter) who has yet to live up to the hype.

15 Cincinnati Bengals
    If Carson Palmer can make it back in September, they will be higher. If not, they could be lower. That's how important he is to this team.

16 Kansas City Chiefs
    New coach Herman Edwards has Larry Johnson to build around on offense, but it's the defense that will decide how far this team goes. At some point, don't they have to move closer to the level of play of the offense?

17 San Diego Chargers
    I like the idea of Philip Rivers starting. But it might take one year to get him acclimated to being a starter. Then they'll take off next season.

18 Minnesota Vikings
    The Vikings say they are happy to be rid of Culpepper. We'll see. Can they really count on Brad Johnson to lead them to the playoffs? Didn't he once wear a leather helmet?

19 St. Louis Rams
    They feel they've improved the defense with Corey Chavous, La'Roi Glover and Fakhir Brown coming on board. It has to play better than it did last year. We know Scott Linehan will have the offense cranked up.

20 Baltimore Ravens
    For now, it looks like Kyle Boller is still the man at quarterback. He showed better at the end of 2005, but that's risky for Brian Billick, who is on shaky ground.

21 Arizona Cardinals
    James has to liven up the running game, which was last in the league. But it all depends on how well the offensive line improves. They have to be more dominant. This team has talent to move up.

22 Atlanta Falcons
    The addition of John Abraham helps the defense. But this team's fate will be decided by the growth of Michael Vick. He has to throw it better.

23 Tennessee Titans
    They've added some nice players to this young group. If Steve McNair can be effective for another year, they have a chance to get to .500 or maybe better.

24 Green Bay Packers
    They're waiting to hear from Brett Favre. If he plays, they could go higher. If he doesn't, they fall. Will you please make a decision, Brett?

25 New Orleans Saints
    The issue here is how Drew Brees' shoulder responds. If it does well, this team will take a step forward. If it doesn't, it will be a long season.

26 Oakland Raiders
    New coach Art Shell is hoping to bring back the Raider mystique. Getting Aaron Brooks is risky, but it's certainly worth a look. He might flourish outside of New Orleans.

27 Cleveland Browns
    They spent a lot of money in free agency, and some of the moves (LeCharles Bentley) were really good ones. But all they can really hope for is a .500 season. The 2007 season is when they will make a move.

28 Buffalo Bills
    Do they really think Craig Nall is the future of this franchise? They must see things others don't. New coach Dick Jauron has to hope there's something special there that we don't see.

29 Detroit Lions
    Rod Marinelli inherits a team with talent. Adding veteran quarterbacks Jon Kitna and Luke McCown will be an upgrade from Joey Harrington. But how much an upgrade is to be determined.

30 Houston Texans
    With the first pick, they will add a heck of a player in Reggie Bush. But there are still a lot of holes and there is some uncertainty about David Carr, although the talent is there.

31 New York Jets
    This is a team that might have to go back a few steps before being competitive again. Eric Mangini has his hands full.

32 San Francisco 49ers
    This is a work in progress. With a second-year quarterback and coach, it's going to be tough going again. At least they play hard under Mike Nolan.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9357254

So what are your thoughts, on these power rankings?

Damn, it hurts seeing the Vikings ranked at 18.
    Minnesota Vikings needs in the offseason

- QB

- Re-sign Sidney Rice

- Defensive Backs

I love the Dolphins, but they're way too high on the list. There are too many questions surrounding Culpepper for us to be written in as Super Bowl contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Twan18
      I love the Dolphins, but they're way too high on the list. There are too many questions surrounding Culpepper for us to be written in as Super Bowl contenders.
      I agree, I would much rather be lower on the list and not have so much hype surrounding us.

If I am correct, Pete Prisco wrote these. He hated the Fins when Wanny was coach, now that Saban is here, he is all up his ass. I hate Prisco.
      Last edited by bigjim69247; 04-04-2006, 10:08 PM.

Comment

My falcons are UNDER RATED but it doesnt matter well suprise the NFL in this upcomming season LOL at the dolphines being that high, the cardnals ranked higher then my falcons (lol how did that happen these ppl must be on crack or drunk) the cowboys, ravens, rams and vikings being higher then my team, lol we got better personal then those teams i dont know how were waaay lower then them lol ok im done bitchin lol
        NFL- Atlanta Falcons
        NBA- Los Angelas Lakers
        MLB- New York Yankees
        NHL- Anahiem Ducks

Comment

Id rather have a QB with a bum knee then a bum arm. Last time I remember you need your arm to throw, not your knee. Dolphins=Playoff contenders.. Not superbowl, IMO.
          To the British, I'm Ghandi/
          To the Japanese I'm an American pilot flyin over Nagasaki/
          To the AIDS patient I'm your last antibody/
          Sittin and waitin for a cure from modern biology/

-Canibus

Comment

Originally posted by Wu4Eva
            Id rather have a QB with a bum knee then a bum arm. Last time I remember you need your arm to throw, not your knee. Dolphins=Playoff contenders.. Not superbowl, IMO.
            Always appreciate the love for the Fins

Eagles are gonna be back too.

I would be in heaven watching a Fins vs. Eagles Super Bowl. I guess that is why I love the first Ace Ventura movie so much

Comment

I HAVE TWO FUCKIN PROBLEMS WITH THIS BULLSHIT POWER RANKINGS.......COLTS SHOULD BE #1 AND VIKINGS SHOULD BE WAY LOWER THAN #18, MORE LIKE #30!!!
              Super Bowl XLI Champions

Indianapolis Colts

XBox Live Tag:
              GlazedJasonMask

Comment

I'm not a big Seahawks fan, but I don't see how the loss of Hutchinson can push them back to 8th place after being in the Super Bowl...
                E A G L E S

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyT
                  POWER RANKINGS
                  Current Team

1 Pittsburgh Steelers
                  They are still the class of the league. Ben Roethlisberger will continue to get better, which is why they might be even better next season.
                  [B]

Damn, Steelers are waaay underrated. They should drop the colts to #6, and just leave #2-5 blank, because the Steelers are waaay better than everyone on this list.
                  Steelers+Penguins+Panthers=Pittsburgh
                  HAIL TO PITT

Comment

Originally posted by MrPeePee
                    I'm not a big Seahawks fan, but I don't see how the loss of Hutchinson can push them back to 8th place after being in the Super Bowl...
                    because the are in the NFC.........any team in the AFC playoffs last year could have beaten them in the Super Bowl
                    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Indianapolis Colts

XBox Live Tag:
                    GlazedJasonMask

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Steve--O, 08-09-2005, 06:30 PM
                    52 responses