Barry Bonds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry Bonds

Love him or hate him, Barry Bonds is a huge figure in sports. I got this thing that I keep thinking that if, and I say if because he's never, ever, ever tested positive to Steroids, he used steroids, why is cheating? He still hit the home runs, and ran the bases. Steroids make you stronger, but not hit better, or run the best. Stronger isn't really better, look at body builders the least atheltic guys ever.

(Also, I don't care the if Barry used or not, not really a big deal. Steroids weren't banned, and he never tested positive, so it doesn't matter.)

My real problem with the Barry Bonds issue is why are people so obsessive over him? He's an athlete, not some great leader destroying our world? Barry Bonds is not some guy that just suddenly got good. He's not just a homerun hitter. The guy's career stats are better as a whole than nearly every baseball player ever. 500 HR's/500 stolen bases has never been done. Batting .300 over so many years. MVP's 3 consecutive years when he supposely used Steroids? The writers had no problem then? Are you serious? He also won over MVP's before he was in San Francisco in Pittsburg.

So the question I'm asking y'all to answer, what is the obsession really about? Can this all be just steroids? Just looking at the surface, that would be what the whole situation seems, but there has to be more. Really though, what can it the real reason be?
    Oh Shit FREE
    Recovery on Amazon
    I'm On Twitter

There's a bunch of variables involved. He's on pace to break sacred records, which is probably the main thing. If what was said in "Game of shadows" is true, it's a big deal to not only baseball, but the justice system as it would show that he purgered himself. I don't think fans are obsessed over it though. It's more the media who are constantly making it a priority to make bonds the big story. I could care less really, just play ball and hit home runs.

Comment

The main obsession is that they don't want to see a cheater who used steroids break records which were held down by MUCH, MUCH better baseball players than him. Not only does he not deserve to surpass Babe Ruth, it's even questionable if he even will at this point.

By saying the "steroid era" was a time in baseball is just as bad as saying the "holocaust" was a bad time for jews. They both happened and you can't change what they did now. Barry Bonds never was, never will be a better ball player than ruth.

If Ken Griffey Jr. never got injured, he'd be on Bonds's tail to this day, and if anyone deserves to break such records, it's him.

It's like having a Basketball player being genetically engineered to be 9 feet tall with all the athletic ability playing in the NBA, at least McGuire and Sosa stopped juicin' and retired before going after one of the most prolific achievements in sports.
      NEW YORK YANKEES

Originally posted by Swizz
      sigged

Comment

I don't know if I'd say Babe Ruth was a much better player than Bonds. As I heard one guy say on ESPN, you gotta remember Ruth never played against a black man. I do think he was slightly better, but than again none of us ever saw him play, so it's something that's hard to say, all we have is numbers from his era. I just think that because of Bond's personality, the media has always had a slight hatred toward him and now that he has been approaching such historical marks in the game, they don't wanna see him be successful, so they continously try to knock him every chance they get. Did he take steroids, who knows? Is he the best player I've ever seen play in my life, and in person? Honestly, except for maybeeeee A-Rod(as much as it pains me to say his name because I hate him) he's the best player I've ever seen.
        Eminem, Kobe Bryant, Tom Brady, Red Sox, & MoeMurda

Originally posted by TtodaA
        lol at moemuda's epic return including posting pics and mentioning Swizz
        Originally posted by The Happy Chemical
        this thread is legendary

Comment

Its a big deal because its cheating, plain and simple. No it doesn't help hand eye co-ordination but it turns that frozen rope double into a frozen rope homer. Plus steroids help a body heal faster. They don't want someone who cheats breaking the most coveted records in baseball(single season homeruns and all time home runs.) So I understand where the attention comes from. However the lack of attention that other players are getting is ridiculous, and also major league baseball. After the strike baseball was in the dumps and it really didn't get back to the limelight until Mark and Sammy started mashing homers in '98
          granted it wasn't the all time home-run record but the single season record is still monumental. Books were written comparing the summer of '98 to the summer of '61, which if you're a baseball fan it needn't be explained. Those guys were juicing their brains out, and if we're going to shit on Barry about what happened starting after 1998 why not shit on Mark and Sammy for what happened in 1998? The biggest winner here is MLB because a lot of people often forget to discuss that it wasn't even in the rule books until 2002 that steroids were prohibited. I think MLB has been fueling the media/Bonds feud, they are using Bond's as a scapegoat so no one stops to think about whether or not MLB knew about what was going on, and turned the other cheek for fan interest and profits. They used these guys to get their fans back and now that they have them back MLB is coming in like the righteous fist of the Lord, cleaning up the game? Give me a fucking break. Fuck Bud Selig.

Comment

The big deal is that he hasn't had a good relationship with media people, so they jump all over his ass every chance they get. Before he went to San Fran, he got 3 MVP awards. He's won 8 Golden Gloves. Did steroids help him with those too? I'm not even a fan of this guy, but ESPN and everyone else need to ease up.
            National Champion North Carolina Tarheels

Comment

Finally got his first homer tonight
              NEW YORK YANKEES

Originally posted by Swizz
              sigged

Comment

He shoulda stayed with the Pirates.
                Steelers+Penguins+Panthers=Pittsburgh
                HAIL TO PITT

Comment

Everyone hates on him because some people are dumb enough to blieve EVERYTHING the media says. If it wasn't steroids, it would be something else that the media would go after him for.

Comment

Maybe not everything the media said is true, but he still did some ignorant things.

Comment

YEAH bonds is turning it up now, LOL @ all the haters that said he wouldnt get a single HR this whole season and would quit in JUNE, lol were all laughing at you.. lol bonds homered in back 2 back games and has 3 on the season... AND YET he states he WANTS TO HELP HIS TEAM WIN, the man cares more about his team then the record give the man a BREAK... its just all those oldie white racist baseball players hate to see bonds or yet anyone pass Ruth's record HOWEVER records are ment to be BROKEN!!!
                      NFL- Atlanta Falcons
                      NBA- Los Angelas Lakers
                      MLB- New York Yankees
                      NHL- Anahiem Ducks

Comment

Originally posted by TripleM4Life
                        Everyone hates on him because some people are dumb enough to blieve EVERYTHING the media says. If it wasn't steroids, it would be something else that the media would go after him for.

yeah i know they all say "look how much bigger bonds is he must be on the juice" but yet why arnt they saying that about Pujo's or Ortiz??? there JUST AS BIG ESPN is just haters
                        NFL- Atlanta Falcons
                        NBA- Los Angelas Lakers
                        MLB- New York Yankees
                        NHL- Anahiem Ducks

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Cade1974, Today, 04:47 AM
                        0 responses