chelski views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chelski views

Rafa Benitez claims Jose Mourinho would not have been a success at Chelsea without Roman Abramovich's financial backing.

Mourinho is on the brink of winning back-to-back titles at Stamford Bridge and has also lifted the Carling Cup during his Blues reign.

The Portuguese tactician has been given licence to spend Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich's money, splashing out big fees on the likes of Michael Essien and Shaun Wright-Phillips.

But Mourinho's Liverpool counterpart Benitez believes Chelsea's emergence as the team to beat is not due to the manager, but Abramovich.

While Mourinho's managerial style has drawn plaudits from several quarters, Benitez insists the key factor in The Blues' rise to the top is money.

"It's very simple, they have spent more money than anyone else on players," said Benitez. "Abramovich has done a fantastic job with his team.

"After 50 years, they are winning two leagues and that's really good.

"Jose Mourinho has done a good job, but for me the owner is the key. All of them are important, but you can't do anything without Abramovich and he started the revolution."

Liverpool meet Chelsea in an FA Cup semi-final showdown on Saturday and Benitez feels the expectation is on his opponents to reach the final.

He added: "They have a lot of good players, so they must be at the top of the table and they must be in cup finals.

"When you spend big money, it's normal to be at the top of the table and in finals."

from skysports.com

he is the first manager i know who has expressed his view on the situation, and i dont think anyone can argue with it.

Chelsea rebuilt the entire squad having spent almost 200 million in 3 seasons on a new team is disgraceful.

They're also stealing young talent from around the world as well as the 2 leeds players.

FUCK CHELSEA
    Buddhism is the shiiiiittttt

When Buddha can't help, I ask , What would BARNEY STINSON do ?

"When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story."

Meh, I don't think what he said was controversial really. It's the obvious truth in my opinion.

Pundits have been saying that forever now, it just seems obvious to me. Mourinho is a fantastic tactitian and manager, I think he'd do a good job at any team in the world, he's proven that. You take Mourinho and give him all the money he could possibly want, you're going to get a team that wins titles.

It's happened and if anything it's motivation for the other teams to improve. I don't really like to see it happen, I like Arsenal's story of their youth a lot more than that of Chelsea's wealth but the fact of the matter is that Chelsea have a ton of money and it's upto the others to try and catch them.

Comment

Do you guys not realize that Clubs in Italy and Spain and even Germany have been doing that for years? spending 10's of millions on players only to not reach the heights they thought they would at the end of the season then ship them out and bring in more? Inter,AC,Roma,Parma,Jueventus,Barcelona,Real Madrid,Bayern Munich and the list goes on have been doing it for the past 8 years.Jose Mourinho won the Uefa cup,Uefa Champions League and Portugese titles in back to back seasons with limited funds.To say Jose Mourinho is winning his second English prem title in 2 years is ALL down to money is an absolute shocker of a statement by wee Rafa.Leeds spent close to 100million (maybe reached or pasted the 100m) mark on players but not only did people not open their months about it but it got David O'leary and Leeds nowhere but to the Bernabeu Stadium in the Champions league later stages.The money that Roman has Pumped into Chelsea has obviously helped the team and the manager but to take anything about from Jose Mourinho is ridiculous.If other teams can win the same about of games as chelsea outside of playing them head to head then they would be close enough to them, but they don't.Barcelona and Liverpool have proven head to head you can beat them, so i think other teams should concentrate on their weak points, which include Carvalho's non ability to deal with high balls and Terry's bad positioning on flick ons when Carvalho is found out.If Chelsea ship out their big name and fee signings and bring more in then your team should concentrate on hitting the ground running when the season starts and make sure you get a good start before giving chelsea's new look side time to Gel.If they DO gel too quick or straight away then that is down to the gifted one's management skills and his ability to pick players that will suit and gel into his side quickly, like Alex Ferguson used to be able to do and Arsene Wenger can still do from time to time.Chelsea stealing young English talent and talent from around the world? lmao have you seen the ammount of argentine and brazilian teens playing in Germany,Spain and Italy? all 'stolen' from their home clubs/countries.Stealing young english talent? Rooney Wolcott and a HOST of others have all been 'stolen' away from their clubs in previous years, AND in fact, both thoughs players were 'stolen' away from their clubs before Southhampton and Everton before the big bad (but not as bad as chelsea ) clubs came hunting.So fuck Manchester United with their leaching american owners,Fuck Liverpool with their 5 goals between 45 strikers,fuck Newcastle and shearer's last season in the game, Fuck arsenal and their bitching about will he stay or will he go.

Fuck Chelsea? no, fuck you sir!
      Dancing to electro-pop like a robot from 1984

ITS THAT GLASGOW/BREDA CONNECTION

Comment

Fuck Chelsea - they're the scum of London (after Spurs). Though I have to admit Rafael's comment was wrong. Though Mourinho has the funds, I didn't see Ranieri do fuck all with it. Mourinho is an intelligent manager, though I have pure hate for him, I can admit he has brought Chelsea to being one of the strongest sides in the world...
        ''One of the difficulties of the job is that we create 11 unemployed people and then, on Monday, we employee them again as if nothing has happened."

Comment

i fucking hate chelsea fans...

Comment

I can't wait for the day when the russian leaves. Chelsea claim they'll be self financing within 5 years or so, they made a loss of £140 million last financial year. It takes a hell of a long time to clear a loss of that size.
            Harry Redknapp; he's got a twitch. How he got it we don't know, how he got it we don't care. All we know is he has got a twitch. He's got a twitch...

Comment

Originally posted by B-zar
              Do you guys not realize that Clubs in Italy and Spain and even Germany have been doing that for years? spending 10's of millions on players only to not reach the heights they thought they would at the end of the season then ship them out and bring in more? Inter,AC,Roma,Parma,Jueventus,Barcelona,Real Madrid,Bayern Munich and the list goes on have been doing it for the past 8 years.Jose Mourinho won the Uefa cup,Uefa Champions League and Portugese titles in back to back seasons with limited funds.To say Jose Mourinho is winning his second English prem title in 2 years is ALL down to money is an absolute shocker of a statement by wee Rafa.Leeds spent close to 100million (maybe reached or pasted the 100m) mark on players but not only did people not open their months about it but it got David O'leary and Leeds nowhere but to the Bernabeu Stadium in the Champions league later stages.The money that Roman has Pumped into Chelsea has obviously helped the team and the manager but to take anything about from Jose Mourinho is ridiculous.If other teams can win the same about of games as chelsea outside of playing them head to head then they would be close enough to them, but they don't.Barcelona and Liverpool have proven head to head you can beat them, so i think other teams should concentrate on their weak points, which include Carvalho's non ability to deal with high balls and Terry's bad positioning on flick ons when Carvalho is found out.If Chelsea ship out their big name and fee signings and bring more in then your team should concentrate on hitting the ground running when the season starts and make sure you get a good start before giving chelsea's new look side time to Gel.If they DO gel too quick or straight away then that is down to the gifted one's management skills and his ability to pick players that will suit and gel into his side quickly, like Alex Ferguson used to be able to do and Arsene Wenger can still do from time to time.Chelsea stealing young English talent and talent from around the world? lmao have you seen the ammount of argentine and brazilian teens playing in Germany,Spain and Italy? all 'stolen' from their home clubs/countries.Stealing young english talent? Rooney Wolcott and a HOST of others have all been 'stolen' away from their clubs in previous years, AND in fact, both thoughs players were 'stolen' away from their clubs before Southhampton and Everton before the big bad (but not as bad as chelsea ) clubs came hunting.So fuck Manchester United with their leaching american owners,Fuck Liverpool with their 5 goals between 45 strikers,fuck Newcastle and shearer's last season in the game, Fuck arsenal and their bitching about will he stay or will he go.
              Fuck Chelsea? no, fuck you sir!

i actually agreed with you until the end, then i just thought you were a bit of a cock...
              oKayplayer

Check out my blog @...

http://nisunday.blogspot.com

Comment

Exactly what i thoguht about B-Zar

Arsenal spend wisely == Walcott Henry Toure Eboue and they have a good youth system,

Liverpool = Took some people from spain but not a great deal amount of people, they're 2 best are scousers home grown

Newcastle - Hero is a local boy

Man u = Beckham Giggs Scholes Butt neville brothers, Richardson,Eagles,Bardsley

Chelsea - best player is terry and then lampard but they've bought
                Scott parker - career ruined
                SWR - Career going down hill
                Smertin -- waste of time, only boguht to keep russians happy
                Cech -- great buy
                Drogba - 1 GOOD SEASON FOR MARSEILLE AND WASTE
                Essien - ridiculously price
                CANT FORGET MUTU OR KEZMAN OR CRESPO GLEN JONSON WAYNE BRIDGE ( CAREERS GONE SHIT)
                Watch out for JACK CORK, FABIO FERREIRA, RICARDO FERNANDES ( I SAW DEM IN ACTION AND THEY WILL BE AMAZIN IN 5 YEARS TIME)

Well Europe has been screwed for years due to alot of drugs and betting scandals but the UK is going down hill especially with russian billionaires stealing players from other clubs without wanting to pay a decent compensation.
                eEvery club takes players but most negotiate with the club but nope not chelski. Mourinho was a good tactician in portrugal but in England he required so much money to buy his way to a back to back championship. They need a restriction on how many players you can buy per season and preferably a transfer budget, because the russian has spent 300 mil since he took over. We need to see more english players now, Arsenal havent fielded a single english player in like 2 months.

MORAL OF STORY -- I HATE CHELSEA

Comment

Chelsea have spending power... it pisses us all off but we'd all be absolutely delighted if Roman Abramovich invested in our clubs.. I think we have to stop holding it against them. Their manager is reletively inexperienced and it showed.. with his tactics today and every time he opens his fucking mouth.. he thinks far too much of himself and seems to genuinely believe that the rules dont apply to his team, i.e JT's disallowed goal today when he elevated himself using Riise. I've said it before and I'll say it again.. Chelsea can get rid of their bad reputation by getting rid of their manager.

Come on Liverpool!
                  World Class

Comment

You keep mentioning that Chelsea are stealing the best young english talent then you go ahead and list a player who arsenal stole from another club.Also half the players you listed under Man Utd were also taken from lower league clubs at a young age before the compensation deal came in for lower league clubs training players only for big clubs to come in and take them with no Fee.Alan Shearer was signed in July 1996 for a world record £15m at the time.Although he has been a great signing were was the outcry about that? were was the outcry about Newcastle spending £9m on Albert Luque and has done jack shit? The only people bitching about Chelsea are people from London who's problems with them are far more deep rooted and go further back than when Roman and Jose came to town (which is understandable,given its derby rivals) Look at the current state of Real Madrid, were are all the Barclona fans up in arms saying 'oh this cant go on, they are ruining football'? no they went out and tried to match them and beat them and did just that.Italian teams to the exact same but they just try match and out witt each other.Chelea are going to do what they like regardless of whether you like them or not, think they are scum of the earth or not.Are they really bad for the game? are they REALLY ruining English football? They have done nothing but promote English football in Europe with their runs in the CL and tried to do what anyone else would do given the founding.Thats why i got SO excited to see what would happen when them American fucks took over Man Utd and when Liverpool were thinking of selling out to some group or person.Would you all suddenly hate them or would it just be the jealous local fans of Manchester and liverpool like it seems to be in London at the momento?

Walcott has yet to play a full match (or maybe a single match) at arsenal or prove his £15m worth outside of a few goals for Southhapton.
                    Who the fuck was Eboue before the Juve game? lol nobody had heard of him.MUTU CRESPO GLEN JONSON WAYNE BRIDGEwere signed by Claudio Ranieri, yes? thats nothing to do with the current management.Kezman was the most prolific scorer for years at PSV in Holland and was just not given the currect chance at the Blues.Just like Morientes has done shit at Liverpool but was great at Real and Monaco.Djibril Cisse Had one good season or 2 at Auxerre then was signed for a ridiculous price.Essien was a rediculous price but you cant deny he has had a major impact on the midfield,look up the stats on him.If they continue to do things you deam stupid then why not just carry on and let them make their mastakes? if they all go belly up then you can have a right good laugh at them, if they do things right all you can do is shut your mouth and sit back and admire them.Concentrate on your own club like barca have done and try beat them.Liverpool have showed today they are gaining on Chelsea very VERY fast, but a few months too late.Wait till the summer and buy and sell wisely and hit the ground running when the season is back.

also at the end of my above post was an interpolation of a well known film quote lol god!
                    Last edited by B-zar; 04-22-2006, 03:47 PM.
                    Dancing to electro-pop like a robot from 1984

ITS THAT GLASGOW/BREDA CONNECTION

Comment

Alan shearer is still a newcastle local lad

Arsenal bought the young talent they didnt steal him and hes english which was the point i made against chelsea

Manchester united actually got most of their youngsters through the academy, all of them had the option of joinin a number of clubs, Paul scholes for example was taken from a sunday league team in his local area and given a trial, this happened with the majority of united players.

Eboue, i heard oh him ages ago when he was breaking into the first team. Just because you didn't hear about him doesn't mean others didnt.

Chelsea havent promoted english football, theyve promoted themselves, because they seem like an elite club instead of a regular club they are who just have a lot of money available to spend.

Cisse has been a shit striker but a good wide man recently
                      morientes does a good holding role for da liverpool
                      Luque was a shit buy for newcastle
                      Essien is good but Diarra is better, because of chelsea evry other club has to bid even more money, so chelsea are ruining football because this could lead to higher chances of other clubs getting in trouble with money because they have to compete with such a billionaire.

I'm from derby and im bitching about them. I was annoyed when those american fucks took over man u because the family are a bunch of wankers if you read about them.

Glen johnson and wayne bridge were still bought by the new chelski by ranieri not mourinho but it was the money power that got them to go and become so shit.

Surely you cant be arguing that taking youngsters from other clubs and only paying a very small compensation is right ?
                      How can you not say that chelsea are ruining football by increasing transfer fees and causing other clubs to spend wildly to compete?

Comment

i can assure you the reason most of London despise Chelsea has:

a) nothing to do with their financial status

or

b) jealousy

fact of the matter is a good 90% of their fans are absolute cunts, and have been ever since i can remember... even when Chelsea were finishing 10th in the league you'd think they were Barcelona the way their fans would go on about them... they've had a semi-final today against Liverpool, i had a Chelsea season ticket holder having a go about all his mates that are Chelsea "fans" that are travelling up with him to the game, he was asking them how they'd fit their armchairs in the car... i know of at least 4 kids in South London named 'Chelsea', give it another few years there'll be little pikeys called Jose and Super Frank running round the shop...

Comment

I think a hell of a lot of people hate Chelsea because Mourinho is such an arrogant twat. Even after a clean defeat yesterday (OK, the free kick was arguable, but Chelsea's goal was very lucky), he still can't admit defeat. 'Referee this, referee that, blah blah blah' is all that he can say when he has lost a match. Chelsea don't have any heart. They're all a bunch of players who have just been bundled in and expected to play. Hardly any of them have any connection at all. I also think people hate Chelsea because they don't deserve to be top of the league - they were a pretty mediocre team before they got this backing by Abramovich. They didn't earn their position at the top of the table. But teams are catching them now. I think Liverpool and Man U are gonna give Chavski a serious run for their money next season.

Comment

i hate chelscum cause they are scum.

Comment

THE LAST TWO POSTS HAVE BEEN THE BEST.

mourinho showed arrogance yesterday again by saying liverpool werent good enough to win yesterday they were lucky

Also, Makelele has called sir alex ferguson a loser, i think makelele forgets he was part of the 100 million spent in the season he came in. A.F has been the best british manager for years, maybe in the world considering how much he has acomplished

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Campt1971, Yesterday, 03:51 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Campt1971  
                              Started by RachelHelmik, Yesterday, 01:43 AM
                              0 responses