I applaud thierry henry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I applaud thierry henry

now im not an arsenal fan. im a man utd fan. but after watching that arsenal spurs game i applaud henry.

for those of you that didnt see it. gilberto colided with (cant remember his name) and both went down, while carrick had the ball. carrick stalled as if he was gna put it out then gilberto started gettin up. when he saw this he thought it was ok and played on, played it to davids who put a great ball in a robbie keane finished.

after the game tho, arsene wenger not only didnt shake hands with jol, he then went into and interview and called him a liar. even the interviewer asked isnt that a bit harsh and he again called martin jol and his staff liars. (he called him a liar because jol said he didnt see it happen)

thierry henry though, came out in an interview and said - not only that the goal shud have counted, even tho they where understandably upset, but he said that he trusted the tottenham players who said that they didnt see.
    that is good sportsmanship. in my opinion some of the best ive seen in a while. if you saw the interview ull understand really...he also complimented carrick on a great run he made. just seems like hes a good natured player who loves his football.

the best sportsmanship ive ever seen tho still goes to eric cantona.
    GROWN MAN SH!T AND SQUIDBERT FOR VET
    They're bringing sexy back
    *̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡ *̡͌l̡*

Henry is not only one of the, if not the best strikers in the world, he's also a top class guy. Now im far from a Gunner (Birmingham all the way) but i do admire Henry - his love for the game reminds me of Ronaldinho
    I'm sick of working dead end jobs with lame pay
    And I'm tired of being hired and fired the same day

Comment

Thierry is and always has been a good sportsman. Wenger did not directly call Jol and his staff liars but more that he was disappointed that they continued to play. Also how could they have not seen it? I mean it was right infront of the dug out, so I it's unlikely that they didn't see it. But anyway a decent match none the less, and [email protected] -great footballer but so much for high kicking a person in the crowd eh ...
      Last edited by AsHtRaY; 04-22-2006, 09:37 AM.
      ''One of the difficulties of the job is that we create 11 unemployed people and then, on Monday, we employee them again as if nothing has happened."

Comment

he called them liars. it didnt show it on the sky interview but if you watched bbc after it he called them liars. TWICE. and i believe they didnt see it, because they where watching play. im not denying they saw them down. but gilberto started to get up again and when they saw that played kicked into action again and davids was down the wing, so they didnt know they player was still down.

and as for cantona - he had a temper, but his temper came form his passion. the kick in the crowd was provoked, obviously not acceptable, but very much provoked.

and the incident with cantona im referring to is against leeds when he was in front of an empty net but noticed the keeper was injured, so he put the ball out. IN FRONT OF AN EMPTY NET. thats sportsmanship at its best.
        GROWN MAN SH!T AND SQUIDBERT FOR VET
        They're bringing sexy back
        *̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡ *̡͌l̡*

Comment

Originally posted by AsHtRaY
          and [email protected] -great footballer but so much for high kicking a person in the crowd eh ...
          lmao! yeah
          Dancing to electro-pop like a robot from 1984

ITS THAT GLASGOW/BREDA CONNECTION

Comment

In my opinion, Marco Boogers is still the best in the world when it comes to sportsmanship

Comment

lmfao

Dancing to electro-pop like a robot from 1984

ITS THAT GLASGOW/BREDA CONNECTION

Comment

di canio = sportsmanship at its best...

Comment

^Correct.

would've been so funny had wenger and jol started scrapping on the touchline
                  Last edited by Captain Rascal; 04-22-2006, 11:43 AM.
                  Harry Redknapp; he's got a twitch. How he got it we don't know, how he got it we don't care. All we know is he has got a twitch. He's got a twitch...

Comment

Wenger would've taken him ...
                    ''One of the difficulties of the job is that we create 11 unemployed people and then, on Monday, we employee them again as if nothing has happened."

Comment

Originally posted by k11
                      di canio = sportsmanship at its best...
                      Esteemed Entity

Illusory|Retro Fo|DuPoint|Check|Fitz|Pawl Derty|InK|Teknique

Check out my 4K post shoutoutz

http://www.d12world.com/board/showthread.php?t=318243

Comment

dicanio when he caught that ball because everton keeper paul gerrard was down was class

Emmanuel Eboue was fine, everyone except the majority of the arsenal players knew that
                        Buddhism is the shiiiiittttt

When Buddha can't help, I ask , What would BARNEY STINSON do ?

"When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story."

Comment

^Eboue recieved treatment after the goal, surely it's understandable the arsenal players would get upset. That being said maybe some of them should've been upset with the others for playing wank
                          Harry Redknapp; he's got a twitch. How he got it we don't know, how he got it we don't care. All we know is he has got a twitch. He's got a twitch...

Comment

^ Of course he's going to go for treatment in that situation. As fas as I know he was not injured in the clash, it's a debatable point but saying that because he went for treatment play should have stopped is stupid.

Comment

I believe Jol when he says he didnt see it - you can clearly see that from the replays. He is shouting "play", for Carrick to play the ball down the wing to Davids. Carrick played on because the referee went over and checked that they were ok. He deemed that they were, so why should Carrick stop? Play until you hear the referee blow.

Wenger was a bit harsh calling him a liar - probably just in the heat of the moment. He was understandably upset - we would have been if it was our team that, lets say, HAD to win to qualify for the CL.
                              Esteemed Entity

Illusory|Retro Fo|DuPoint|Check|Fitz|Pawl Derty|InK|Teknique

Check out my 4K post shoutoutz

http://www.d12world.com/board/showthread.php?t=318243

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by oneshotm3, Today, 08:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post oneshotm3  
                              Started by oneshotm3, Today, 08:25 AM