Pacers Players Involved in Club Fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacers Players Involved in Club Fight

National media hasnt picked up on this story yet, but ill throw espn.com's article up when it becomes available........

source: http://wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6050850 - indianapolis news station

Police: Pacers Players Involved in Fight

Feb 7, 2007 10:11 AM

INDIANAPOLIS - A fight broke out at the Eight Second Saloon, located at 111 N. Lynhurst Drive, early Tuesday morning that police say involved at least two members of the Indiana Pacers.

According to a report issued by the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, a man was trying to steal fur coats from a coat check at the saloon when he assaulted a staff member. A scuffle ensued with the suspect and other staff members, drawing the attention of patrons at the saloon.

The manager told police he approached Pacers player Jamaal Tinsley and told him the fight did not involve him or his party. At this time, the manager said Tinsley became hostile towards him and that Jeremy King, another member of the party, shoved the manager.

According to the report, the manager said Tinsley told him, "I guess you don't know who I am. I will ******' kill you," and then Tinsley struck him with a closed fist on the left side of his head. King and Marquis Daniels, another Pacers player, then began to strike the manager, according to the police report.

When the fight escalated outside of the saloon, it drew the attention of IMPD officers working off-duty employment, parking lot security.

Pacers player Keith McCleod was also at the saloon, but the manager said he could not recall whether or not he was involved in the fight.

No Pacers players were arrested during the incident.

The suspect who was reportedly trying to steal the fur coats was unable to be found during the fight.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Indianapolis Colts

XBox Live Tag:
    GlazedJasonMask

all i gotta say is thank god stephen jackson got traded or im sure someone would have been shot........daniels and tinsley were with jackson at that strip club that night.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Indianapolis Colts

XBox Live Tag:
    GlazedJasonMask

Comment

i bet the manager who supposedly got hit by tinsley will file a lawsuit and will get some money from tinsly
      Originally posted by CWCooper810
      I can be called a "stan" or what not, I even have a backwards E tattooed on my back.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny B View Post
        all i gotta say is thank god stephen jackson got traded or im sure someone would have been shot........daniels and tinsley were with jackson at that strip club that night.
        yeah if stephen jackson was there, then there would be a good chance that a shootout would have occured.
        Originally posted by CWCooper810
        I can be called a "stan" or what not, I even have a backwards E tattooed on my back.

Comment

well espn.com has finally posted an article..........

Daniels, Tinsley, McLeod deny attacking manager

An Indianapolis bar manager has accused two Pacers players of assaulting him early Tuesday morning, according to a police report. However, the three players mentioned in the report denied any involvement when asked by The Indianapolis Star.

Jamaal Tinsley and Marquis Daniels are accused of attacking the man at 2:15 Tuesday morning. Keith McLeod, another Pacers player, was also at the bar, as was his cousin, Jeremy King.

No one was immediately arrested or charged. Police are still investigating.

According to the police report, a fight broke out at the 8 Seconds Saloon in Indianapolis when bar employees confronted a person who was trying to steal patrons' coats. The fight spilled over to the area of the bar where the Pacers players were sitting.

"[The bar manager] stated that Mr. Tinsley, with a closed fist, struck him on the left side of the head, knocking him to his knees. He stated Mr. Daniels and Mr. King also began to use closed fists, striking him in the face," the police report states.

The manager "stated that he was unable to defend himself, at which time both witnesses ... stated that they felt that the life of the victim was in danger," according to the report.

The police report said the bar manager might have a fractured jaw and severed earlobe. He told officers that Tinsley had threatened to kill him, the report said. Witnesses told officers that McLeod had shoved people during the scuffle.

However, the three Pacers players came to their own defense Wednesday, telling The Star they were not involved.

"I'm upset that I could be involved in something like this. I had nothing to do with it," Tinsley told the newspaper.

McLeod told The Star that he and his teammates where trying to leave the bar.

"We were trying to get out of that place," McLeod said. "I guess that's when the whole scuffle started. We heard somebody was in there trying to steal coats. Everybody had their stuff already. We were trying to get out of there. I don't know how all that other stuff came about."

Daniels told The Star he wasn't involved in the alleged assault.

"I'm very disappointed my name is being brought up in a situation I am 100 percent sure I had nothing to do with. For me to be brought up is very disappointing when I am totally innocent. Hopefully the truth will come out of it," Daniels told newspaper.

The alleged fight took place after the Pacers lost to the Warriors on Monday night.

Pacers president Donnie Walsh issued a statement about the incident on Wednesday.

"We are aware of reports of an incident Monday night after the Golden State game allegedly involving members of the Indiana Pacers. At this time, the incident is under police investigation and until the investigation is completed, we have no further comment," he said in the statement.

A phone number provided by the NBA Players Association for Tinsley's agent, Raymond J. Brothers, was answered by a message saying it was no longer in service.

McLeod was recently acquired in the eight-player trade between the Pacers and Warriors that sent Stephen Jackson to Golden State. Tinsley and Daniels were with Jackson when he was involved in a fight outside an Indianapolis strip club on Oct. 6. Jackson is scheduled to go to trial Feb. 12 for firing a gun during that fracas.

Indiana hosts the Sonics tonight at 7 ET.

At the team's morning shootaround, coach Rick Carlisle said Tinsley is scheduled to start, while Daniels is a game-time decision because of a knee injury, according to The Star.

"We don't have any comment on it until the investigation is complete. We have a game to play tonight, so we are getting ready to play, " Carlisle told the paper.
          Super Bowl XLI Champions

Indianapolis Colts

XBox Live Tag:
          GlazedJasonMask

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jeruheuiex, Yesterday, 11:41 PM
          0 responses