Nothing Is Worse In Sports Than A Banwagon Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing Is Worse In Sports Than A Banwagon Fan

If you read the NBA Regular Season thread or the playoff threads you've probably seen me rant about this before but I absolutely fucking hate banwagon fans. I work at a sports memorabelia store in the Boston area so I deal with this first hand every day hour after hour with Celtics "fans." I know I shouldn't let it bother me but having supported the Celtics through their ups and downs my entire life including last year and loving every minute of it, it just makes me sick to see all these stupid shitheads rush in to get their Kevin Garnett jerseys and Celtics t-shirts without being able to name 4 players from last years team. Middle aged women who don't know shit about basketball but are suddenly fans getting bumper stickers for their cars and the worst of it: typical Bostonian Red Sox fans who are complete morons in general and link to Celtics success to that of the Red Sox and Patriots.
    Like I said, I know this shouldn't bother me but I guess having to experiance it so much first hand just does. Because of this I've struggled to really care about this team. I honestly don't find it "special" that the Celtics are in the Finals it all happened to fast I guess and since the team is basically not even close to the same team as last year it never really felt like the same team I've been a huge fan of forever. To be honest I liked last year's team and had a lot more fun last year. Now you see banwagon fans acting like their all excited and this is the greatest thing that's ever happened to them. Fuck them, even though it shouldn't ruin it for me, it does. I know this happens in everyones city but it absolutley sucks for me, God I hate the fans in this city.

it's the same in Jacksonville right now.

I'll be a jags fan since day 1 but now since we're winning more people are supporting them

Comment

I cried when Reggie Lewis died.
      the last vet.before everyone got vetted
      Originally posted by MarshallArts
      Who's got you quoted in their sigs? Are they as equally worthy as those that have sigged me? I just can't imagine it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pukin Dawgs View Post
        it's the same in Jacksonville right now.

I'll be a jags fan since day 1 but now since we're winning more people are supporting them
        yea, THAT'S probably much worse if you experiance first hand, doesn't really bother me cuz I'm not there but I'd never abandon the Jags just cuz of how much I love them and the NFL

Comment

You're describing more of fair weather fans, which are still bad, but aren't nearly as bad as bandwagon fans. Nothing worse than someone here from Pittsburgh who will root for the UNC Tarheels or the San Diego Chargers. I can't stand people like that.
          Steelers+Penguins+Panthers=Pittsburgh
          HAIL TO PITT

Comment

Boston has been and alwyas will be a city for the Red Sox, any other team will only get support when they are successful. I heard you talk about this before and that would kind of suck. Everyone pretty much anticipated this would happen when they made those trades last off season though.
            Steelers|KU Jayhawks|USC

Comment

I think its even worse when you have 2 teams. Take for example the year the clippers and lakers went to the playoffs. All of a sudden their was clipper shit everywhere and people was like the clippers this and clippers that. When the lakers was reppin the city right the whole time. Fuckin clippers hats and jerseys being sold more then the lakers. I even saw lakers fans converting. shit was blasphemous.

Oh and LMFAO at the Celtics ups and downs. After 87' I never notice them get back up.

Kansas
              City Chiefs: 5-3

Los
              Angeles Lakers: 7-0

Comment

Utah Jazz have more fair weather fans in basketball ... but in every other sport we gotta be bandwagon cause we only have pro soccer and arena football team, then a minor league baseball (which a lot of people here do rout for Angels their major league affiliate), a double A hockey team

so in NFL and MLB and NHL there's bandwagon fans that jump on to who ever they want ... however those that are fans of Utah or BYU stay fans of their team no matter what, its one the top ten college football rivalries the Holy War

just wanted to relate to Utah sports fans ... either way bandwagon and fair weather fans both suck pick a team n cheer for them

Manchester United 34-12-4
                Real Salt Lake 7-1-1
                SF 49ers 0-0

so stoned but leave no stone unturned

Comment

Originally posted by Mizfit_Monstar View Post
                  I think its even worse when you have 2 teams. Take for example the year the clippers and lakers went to the playoffs. All of a sudden their was clipper shit everywhere and people was like the clippers this and clippers that. When the lakers was reppin the city right the whole time. Fuckin clippers hats and jerseys being sold more then the lakers. I even saw lakers fans converting. shit was blasphemous.

Oh and LMFAO at the Celtics ups and downs. After 87' I never notice them get back up.
                  ? they were in the conference finals 4 years ago....

Comment

Originally posted by MIC View Post
                    ? they were in the conference finals 4 years ago....

A lot of people like to forget that, or they just don't know.

The fans you're talking about are Fair Weather Fans. They only support when the team's winning. Minnesota is a lot like that.
                    Oh Shit FREE
                    Recovery on Amazon
                    I'm On Twitter

Comment

In England we call them Chelsea fans.

Seriously though, it makes the ups so much better if you're a true fan and support the team through their "down" periods.
                      Harry Redknapp; he's got a twitch. How he got it we don't know, how he got it we don't care. All we know is he has got a twitch. He's got a twitch...

Comment

This happened when the Angels won the World Series a few years back. I'm not an Angels fan by any means, never have been... but when I saw a few of my fellow Dodgers fans jump ship, and a few "I've been a fan forever" fans come out the woodwork... is when I got heated. Fuck the Angels, and the fake ass fans. Not all their fans are like that, but those who became fans this millenium... man, fuck you.
                        =W=
                        My other aliases:
                        On The Shelf
                        Masai
                        justp1ayin
                        TheMan

Comment

Originally posted by Dark5859 View Post
                          You're describing more of fair weather fans, which are still bad, but aren't nearly as bad as bandwagon fans. Nothing worse than someone here from Pittsburgh who will root for the UNC Tarheels or the San Diego Chargers. I can't stand people like that.
                          Dark5859, are you saying a "bandwagon fan" is someone who jumps from one team to another?

And a "fair weather" fan is someone who only watches the team when there winning?
                          Last edited by TimmyT; 06-01-2008, 12:21 PM.
                          Minnesota Vikings needs in the offseason

- QB

- Re-sign Sidney Rice

- Defensive Backs

Comment

Nothing Is Worse In Sports Than A Banwagon Fan
                            Leafs fans?

Bandwagon fans can be annoying but I try to deal with it in a positive way. Last year, I had only one friend coming over to my place to watch the Montreal Canadiens since they had a very difficult year (missed the playoffs). We watched the 82 games and had a good time, even though we we're only two.

Now this year, the Habs we're on fire and finished first and all of sudden, there was an average of 10 guys at my apartment every game. At first it was kind of frustrating since most of them couldn't name half the players on the team but as the season grew, they learned more and more about the team and I could feel they started having a real passion for this hockey team. And by the time their playoffs run ended this year, I really felt like most of them liked the Habs for real and not just because it was the ''cool thing to do this year''
                            Montreal Canadiens

Comment

blair put it best....

In the Boston area, the Red Sox are the TOP team, hands down. I don't think there are many fair weather or bandwagon fans there.

Me personally, my favorite team is hands down the Patriots, mainly because football is my favorite sport. However, Celtics and Red Sox are always my favorite teams, and I always know the teams pretty well, but I couldn't tell you much in depth shit about either sport. Shit, my favorite hockey team is the Bruins... I hate hockey, but if the Bruins somehow made it to the Stanley Cup, i'd definitely watch it.

But, if you're not a fan of a certain sport like you are in another, but you have a favorite team, but they suck, why would you buy their products and follow them heavily? For the Celtics or Red Sox, if they have bad seasons, I get very uninterested because I can't get into baseball or basketball if my favorite team is losing, that's just me. With football, it's completely different, because I know the sport real well and I enjoy it the most. But with baseball and basketball, my attention span is not as tolerant. But, the other thing is, I always know about my favorite teams and I will follow them loosely through the year and if they start winning, then it'll pick up interest for myself. But watching the Celtics lose 18 games in a row last year was not something I was interested in.

Personally, i don't mind them as much, because every team has them. My only problem is people who switch teams. Anybody can be considered a "bandwagon" fan, especially if they start to get into the sport or something. However, if you're into the sport and switch teams constantly, then yes, you're a faggot.
                              The Big 4
                              http://youtu.be/NMMUh37BWEE The Truth
                              http://youtu.be/PT_j38VUAuE Rondo
                              http://youtu.be/yhTKSdWRC0I KG
                              http://youtu.be/3VhwzKGkvjg Ray

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by WalkerNathanael, Yesterday, 12:15 PM