Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Koniving Kon View Post
    I understand this theory, kind of..But don't totally get it. If Favre is such a great player still that they don't wanna trade him within their divison, why don't they keep him? It's not like this is when Kobe was trying to get traded(a star player in his prime) and Lkaers didn't wanna deal him into their division. This is an old Brett Favre that the Packers don't even seem to believe in anymore...If they get the most outta a trade with a team within their division, what's the big deal?
    Because Favre's waffled 3 seasons in a row now and they've finally made a commitment to stick with Aaron Rodgers. There's no future with Favre, and their team is very young. Its time to move forward.

He's still under contract with the Packers which means he can't do shit about it unless he files a grievance with the Players Association, which he'd probably lose due to contract technicalities anyway. If he's going anywhere its Tampa, or some other place not in the NFC North. Favre would make any one of their division foes much better, it just makes 0 sense unless one of those teams give up way too much for him.

Leave a comment:

• M.I.C.
    replied
    Originally posted by Koniving Kon View Post
    ^^^Actually it'd probably be less often. Favre always throwns a decent amount of INT's it seems, especially recently..
    yea, that was the point lol

Leave a comment:

• Kon
    replied
    ^^^Actually it'd probably be less often. Favre always throwns a decent amount of INT's it seems, especially recently..

But still, with his experience, his obvious toughness and passion for the game, I think the Vikes would have a better shot at the super bowl with him this season.

But it needs to be settled quickly, and Jackson needs to be ok with the backup role for another year or 2. Otherwise they need to just say Fuck Brett, and move on and continue with what they hve.

Leave a comment:

• M.I.C.
    replied
    Tarvaris Jackson doesn't throw the ball to the wrong team nearly as often though....

Leave a comment:

• Kon
    replied
    Originally posted by Locus View Post
    The Pack would never trade Favre to Minnesota. Thats just idiotic. The same goes for the Bears and Lions.
    I understand this theory, kind of..But don't totally get it. If Favre is such a great player still that they don't wanna trade him within their divison, why don't they keep him? It's not like this is when Kobe was trying to get traded(a star player in his prime) and Lkaers didn't wanna deal him into their division. This is an old Brett Favre that the Packers don't even seem to believe in anymore...If they get the most outta a trade with a team within their division, what's the big deal?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The Pack would never trade Favre to Minnesota. Thats just idiotic. The same goes for the Bears and Lions.

Leave a comment:

• Tad
    replied
    Sept 8th will settle this entire debate.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Tarvaris Jackson has potential like Alex Smith or Rex Grossman have potential

Leave a comment:

• Kon
    replied
    ^^I wouldn't go that far, Jackson has good potential, he's just inconsistent..Vikings could still win 10-11 games with Jackson, but much better shot at a super bowl if they had Favre this season.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ^ EXACTLY! Minnesota would actually have a chance with a QB... but without Favre (or even a DECENT QB for that matter)... you can count on another 8-8 season... or worse... lmfaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo @ Jackson.. muahahahahahah

Leave a comment:

• Kon
    replied
    I hope the Vikings get him. Favre's a great player and I'd be happy to see him get a ring here in Minnesota. Vikings are good enough to do it THIS year, but the only question mark is Tavaris Jackson. Favre would give us a better chance to win it all this year if he's out there.

Let Favre play another year or 2, while Jackson learns and watches and gets to train with Brett, making him much more prepared once it's his turn in a couple years.

Imagine Favre in a Vikings uniform going into Lambeau on MNF and pwning the Packers in the opening game of the season. That'd be amazing.

Leave a comment:

• M.I.C.
    replied
    lol @ whoever gets Favre if the Packers actually trade him

Leave a comment:

• Tad
    replied
    I heard some conspiracy theorist guy call into the radio today and said he thought the whole thing was bullshit. Like the Packers know Favre is gonna be their QB and they're looking to stir up shit with other teams.

Leave a comment:

• Lost Side Of The Moon
    replied
    Packers are bluffing IMO
    who are they kidding Aaron Rodgers is good but he's no Favre

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Welcome to last weeks news

Leave a comment:

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS