Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favre Leaves Training Camp ..

Brett Favre has left the building.

Following a brief meeting with Green Bay Packers officials, Favre left Lambeau Field on Tuesday afternoon, eliminating the possibility that he could rejoin the team for practice.

It was the latest development in what has become a daily circus surrounding the Packers and Favre, who arrived in Green Bay on Sunday night and personally met with head coach Mike McCarthy the following night.

After failing to resolve his standoff during Monday night's five-hour meeting, Favre returned to Lambeau Field for another sit-down with McCarthy and Packers general manager Ted Thompson.

But the latest talks failed to yield any results, and Favre drove away from the Packers' training camp at approximately 1:45p.m. local time. The former Super Bowl-winning quarterback was chased by numerous reporters and photographers while driving away in his red SUV.

In a text message sent to ESPN prior to his Tuesday afternoon meeting with the Packers, Favre indicated that he had no future in Green Bay.

"We're at a stalemate," Favre told ESPN in a text message. "(McCarthy) and I both agreed on Monday night that me being out there is a distraction and will continue to be a distraction.

"We all know the reason I'm here is because the commissioner reinstated me, so we have a lot of things to figure out. It's simple and complicated, both at the same time."

The Packers have scheduled a news conference for 5 p.m. local time Tuesday evening, when McCarthy will address the deteriorating saga.

Favre's departure once again opens the door for Aaron Rodgers, a former first-round draft pick whose three-year stint in Green Bay has been spent primarily on the sideline.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

http://nationalpost.pa-sportsticker....6071217964973A

they should just trade him and get something for him if he wants to play it will be a win-win situation for both teams, DEF not a first round pick they must be crazy
    Originally posted by Tanner
    at least youre not hungover and have to sneak out a fat 30 yr old white bitch who you were banging in your parents house last night.

Comment

I think a trade will go down pretty soon. ESPN said Favre's talking to Tampa about a trade. I think that's where he'll end up.

Comment

im sick of hearin bout this shit.

also, its funny as fuck if he gets traded cuz of madden 09. Ahaha the whole cover is fucked.

Comment

Aaron Rodgers looked like SHIT the other day in scrimmage... and McCarthy said he looked, "solid"... so fucking blind.. he has a hard-on for Rodgers and clearly doesnt have the teams best interests at heart.. who would you rather have, realistically? the guy who got you 3 points from the Super Bowl? or the guy who has been his back up and seems to get hurt in every game and isnt even battle tested?

if McCarthy fucks this up... which i personally think he's already begun to do... he's gonna be out of a job next season... he brought the team from only 4 wins.. to 8 wins... to an NFC Championship game in the span of 3 seasons.. pretty damn impressive... but no one will give a shit about that if this season is anything less that what we did in 2007...

imo.. this WHOLE situation is 100% Favre's fault.. no doubt about that... but right now.. it's time for someone.. either Brett of the organization to man up and say that they both need each other for fucks sake... i dont understand why you would want to go in a new direction when your star player WANTS to come back and play... look how fucking far he got us last year! so what if he threw an interception at the end of the game? that fact is, he had one of the best seasons of his entire career last year.. and to kick him to the curb (aka Tampa Bay) is really ignorant and is DEFINITELY not in the best interested of the team...

Comment

BREAKING NEWS:

ESPN is reporting from the Tampa News that Brett Farve could be traded as early as 2morrow to Tampa Bay.
            Oh Shit FREE
            Recovery on Amazon
            I'm On Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
              to kick him to the curb (aka Tampa Bay) is really ignorant and is DEFINITELY not in the best interested of the team...
              Word, this whole situation has become so ugly.
              I don't completely blame it on Favre though, it was understandable that he wanted to come back and play. I don't think it was right of the Packers organization to say "Ok, Fuck Brett-were going with Aaron". They should have welcomed Favre back to begin with and still let him compete against Aaron for the QB spot.
              I'm hoping that if Brett is traded it's not to Tampa(who's he going to throw to Ike Hilliard and Michael Clayton? C'mon...)
              The best option for him would be the Vikes.

Comment

Sucks for the Packers. @ Favre.

Comment

He'll be a Buc. Green Bay should just say fuck holding their ground and just give him the job. They were so close to the Superbowl last year and could definately get there again if Favre is playing. If not, they'll be close to last in the NFC with Rodgers playing. Aaron FUCKIN Rodgers. Why wouldn't they trade for a half-assed QB who has atleast proven himself somewhere. Rodgers is going to get fucking hammered by Packer fans if he doesn't play well.
                  Kid Cudi
                  =
                  The Future

Comment

this brad farve shit is taking over sportscenter.....kinda gay
                    SOX09

post of the decade

Proof Forever

benzer0

Comment

He's Traded 2 The [email protected]@@@@@@@

Comment

i hate the jets

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS