Boxing news and updates!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing news and updates!!!

Okay boxing fans right after you think boxing has come to a low point Don King keeps amazing us! First things first though, tommarrow well be the Casamayor vs. Corrales fight which has to be explosive; remember there first fight? On there undercard Jeff Lacy will be fighting against some guy named Mendoza.

Next week is even bigger for boxing on a lot of different aspects. The Mosley fight against Winky Wright which is going to be a HUGE challenge for Mosley, became even more interesting when Felix Trindad announced he is coming out of retirement and IF Mosley wins he will be fighting him some time later this year!!!

April 17th will be the Don King 7 title mega fight! Yup 7; John Ruiz vs. Oquendo, Byrd vs. Golota, the fast raising star "Big Truck" Braithwaite Vs. Azille, Mayorga vs. Rivera, and two more fights still to be announced. Rumor is this will be when Felix Trindad first fight will be scheduled since coming out of retirement, but it's just a rumor.

Oh and don't forget the match of the year Sept 18th when De La Hoya tries to do the impossible against Hopkins! This fight is still 6 months away, but trust me this is a fight to be looking very much forward too!

My Predications:
    ~ Casamayor will beat Corrales (Its gonna be a slugfest, perhaps good contender for fight of the year)
    ~ Lacy beats the shit out of Mendoza
    ~ Winky upsets Mosley (This is going to be an awesome close fight)
    ~ Oquendo gets a decision over Ruiz (I hope it's not like all the other Ruiz fights)
    ~ Byrd sends Golota into retirement
    ~ Big Truck keeps rising against Azille
    ~ Mayorga stomps on Rivera
    ~ Hopkins beats De La Hoya (Hopkins is just too big and strong)

If you guys have any comments let us know what you think or your predications peace!
    Congrats to the 2005 NBA Champions

Nice. My predictions:

The Ruiz fight will suck ass. Him and Oqeundo are boring fighters. I agree with all of your picks besides the Mosley fight. I Hope Mosley pulls it off. He is taking a huge risk fighting Wright though, but I am glad he gave him a shot, everbody kept ducking him. This fight could be a stinker also though (hopefully not).

Edit - I can't wait for the Hopkins-De La Hoya fight. Hopefully Hopkins hands him his ass. He should be able to, but the fact that he hasn't fought a meaningful fight since Trinidad has me worried.
    Last edited by 2ndroundko; 03-05-2004, 09:32 AM.
    Oh its true, its true

Comment

I don't know if I'd say Oquendo was a boring fighter his fight against Byrd was actually pretty good too bad he didn't get the decision. He steps up in big fights not like Ruiz. I hate seeing Ruiz b/c he fights dirty and very very boring.

As for Mosley he has to come in ready to fight a war then maybe he'll win. He didn't impress me with any of the wins against De La hoya, and he also lost to Vernon Forest. The big thing for Wright is just like you said everyone ducks him so he knows this might be his one shot. This is what he's been waiting for all his career, and I think that alone will take him far in the fight.

On to Hopkins you make a very good point who has he fought that was a big name? Sure this will be his 20th title defense, but fighting 2 good guys out of 20 doesn't prove anything. Not to mention the other time he went up against a big name he lost (Roy Jones)! De La Hoya has a chance, but he has to use his speed because he has a big disadvantage when it comes to power.

*Good to see there's boxing fans on here*
      Congrats to the 2005 NBA Champions

Comment

Oquendo is not as bad a fighter as Ruiz, you are right. He did deserve that decision vs Byrd. I was thinking of the fight Oquendo was in I believe directly previous to the Byrd fight. I can't remember who he was fighting, but it was rather dull (it was on the undercard of some other fight). Ruiz is a dirty fighter and is almost always boring to watch (except when he is getting KTFO in 19 seconds - Tua).

Mosley is fighting a dangerous fight and I agree that I haven't been impressed lately with him. His win v De La Hoya could have gone either way and he looked terrible in the two fights v Forrest. Also that fight v Raul Marquez (which ended early because of headbutts) was rather ugly. If Wright doesn't win this I doubt he will get another big fight, unfortunately. I think it will be competitive.

By the way, it is good to see other boxing fans here on the board, it seems that there aren't many any more. There have been a few good threads here about boxing that I have read. I was in those Lennox Lewis threads. It's good to talk boxing even if I don't necessarily agree with the other fans opinions here, its still good to see some.
        Oh its true, its true

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by KennethFelix, Today, 01:50 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post KennethFelix