This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlpHa_OmegA View Post
    That kind of MMA math doesn't work. That's like saying Chonan, who subbed Anderson. would sub Hendo, who KO'd Chonan in 26 seconds. Every fight is a fight and every fight is different. I don't think Anderson's BJJ sucks, but I don't think it's better than Jake's.

I think the only reason Silva subbed Hendo is cause he hurt him on his feet first. It took both of Anderson's BJJ trainers more work to do it. I'm not taking away from his ground game but I have seen much better ground fighters struggle to or not be able to finish Hendo.

And you keep saying that punch was telegraphed but, how many opponents have been hit with that "telegraphed" punch? Hell, Vitor got his ass handed to him on the feet by Hendo's telegraphed stand up and everyone thinks he's gonna outbox Anderson Silva.

Like I said, every fight is a fight, and every fight is different.

Edit: I also don't believe Maia's stand up is better than Jake's. They both are equally mediocre strikers.
    im not saying Henderson's stand up is completely telegraphed, but i mean the Bisping KO was completely telegraphed and the Shields one too imo but thats besides the point.

Anderson has the best stand up in the world imo and if Shields is on his feet with him for more then a minute each round then he has no chance...

u think Shields would take Anderson down in the first round and sub him (maybe wishful thinking?) while i think he would TKO Shields within the first 2 rounds...

sometimes MMAmath is the only way u can speculate what would happen in a fight
    No regrets, nicca no regards
    I know the bar, raise mine, yall can lower yalls
    What I lack in talent, I normally show in heart
    Prolly why they want the encore before the show can start

Comment

• rumour has it big john is set to ref at ufc on versus 2
      "Why would I save a world, I no longer have any stake in?"

Comment

• 19/07/10 - Dana gives his phone number to over 1 million fans

UFC president Dana White managed to accidentally tweet his direct office phone number last night as he attempted to send a private message to a fan regarding a UFC-related birthday treat.

White was attempting to arrange a tour of the TUF facility and UFC gym in Las Vegas for the fan and her boyfriend, who were heading to Las Vegas to celebrate her birthday. But he got it wrong and sent the message as a open tweet that could be read by any of his 1,127,759 follower.

A flurry of calls followed, as the number was endlessly retweeted and posted on various MMA forums. One message board user who rang the number very soon after it was posted reported having a “very confused sound[ing]” male answer the phone, who turned out to be Dana White.

Shortly after posting his number and fielding a number of calls - he chatted away to more than one fan - White switched the number to voicemail and made a follow-up Twitter post. “I fucked up and tweeted my number lol but I got to talk to a lot of cool people. Thank u all!” he wrote.

The error is almost an exact replica of one made by UFC commentator Joe Rogan recently. He manager to accidentally post his cell-phone number to over 100,000 followers and found himself taking numerous random calls from fans.

------------------------------------------------------------

When the UFC bought the WEC some years ago, it was defined shortly thereafter that the WEC would become the home to the lighter weight classes. While the featherweights and bantamweights have taken center stage in the WEC, the promotion’s other divisions (light heavyweights, middleweights, and welterweights) have since been folded into the UFC.

The only remaining shared weight class between the two organizations is the lightweight division.

WEC lightweight champion Ben Henderson has faced many of the top contenders in his promotion, and after his second win over Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone, many theorized that it wouldn't be long until the promotion moved its champion, and the other top fighters at 155 pounds over to the UFC.

Not so fast.

The move has been talked about in the past by UFC president Dana White, but according to WEC General Manager Reed Harris, right now it's not realistic. The UFC already has a great number of 155-pounders on its roster with little room for more.

"Joe Silva's got a ton of guys at 55 that he's got to get fights for too. I don't think he'd be that excited about taking on all our guys," said Harris.

One possibility that could come up in the future is crossover super fights.

Harris said that everyone in the company has been excited about that possibility, and somewhere down the road fans could see a potential match-up between Ben Henderson and a top fighter in the UFC's 155-pound division.

"Dana has mentioned maybe he'd like to do superfights; maybe we could see (Ben) Henderson against one of their guys or something like that. We're certainly open to all that," Harris stated.

For now the WEC will continue to run their lightweight division as is, and Ben Henderson will return to defend his title in 2010. The promotion is currently seeking out a new top contender, and will determine the top dog by the time the champion comes back later this year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ultimate Fighting Championship took its Octagon to Australia for the first time on Feb. 21 with UFC 110. The event was an unabashed success with UFC president Dana White vowing to return, possibly making the land down under an annual stop.

White recently said the Las Vegas-based fight promotion will return to Australia in 2011.

“If you’ve ever known how we do it, when we come in and we’re as successful as we were in this market, we make it an annual event. So we’ll be coming back here obviously,” White said to the media at the UFC 110 post-fight press conference in Sydney. “Our first trip to Australia was very successful.”

Following UFC 116 on July 3, White stated, “We’ll be back to Australia next year.”

Australia will likely be one of the first international locations to land it‘s own “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show as well.

“We’re killing it in Australia,” said the UFC president. “Australia has become very, very good for us.”

It’s still up in the air whether the UFC will return to Sydney on its second trip to the Land Down Under, or if the Octagon might make its first appearance in Melbourne, another city the promotion has had its eyes on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s31WkFooUs

-------------------------------------

It’s amazing that after nearly two decades of mixed martial arts in this country, reporters are still asking fighters who they want to face next. Really, has any one of these guys ever answered that question with anything other than some variation of “It doesn’t matter/Whoever the UFC wants me to fight next”? Take Vitor Belfort, who is now fully recovered from shoulder surgery and training in Las Vegas for a future bout with the winner of Anderson Silva’s UFC 117 title defense against Chael Sonnen on Aug. 7. You think Belfort is going to admit to Las Vegas Sun Reporter Brett Okamoto that he cares who emerges from that event with the middleweight belt? Fat chance.

"I'm the kind of guy who doesn't worry about what's going to come my way,” he says. “As long as I stay on my path, I'm not worried about who's in it.”

Of course what Belfort means to say is, he wants to fight Anderson Silva. Good thing for us, Shawn Tompkins is there to read between the lines. Good thing for Belfort, Tompkins also thinks he’s going to get his wish …

"I think Chael will try to pick a fight, but that's the only way he becomes popular or famous because we all know he's a boring fighter …,” Tompkins says. “Anderson is the man and we want to beat that man. I think that fight would mean a little more to us. And honestly, go ask the fans who they want to see fight. It's Anderson and Vitor."

"Nothing against Chael, but I think he talks better than he fights," Tompkins continues. "I'll be front row (at UFC 117) studying both of them because that's my job. I think Chael will talk himself into the fight but, ultimately, Anderson will knock him out."

Yep, nothing against Chael or anything …

Belfort and Silva have some history. They briefly trained together at Ed Soares’ Black House gym and at one time or another they were scheduled to fight each other at UFC 108, 109 and 112, before various injuries to both parties made those bouts impossible.

Also likely hoping Silva beats Sonnen (or at least actually fights the guy insteads of just dancing) could be the UFC. A Belfort vs. Silva match would indeed be a bigger deal and, if Silva comes away unscathed from UFC 117, the company could conceivably put that bout on its gala end-of-the-year PPV.
        Buddhism is the shiiiiittttt

When Buddha can't help, I ask , What would BARNEY STINSON do ?

"When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story."

Comment

• for uk members :

Want to train with an MMA Icon? Here’s an amazing opportunity to learn from living legend that is Chuck ‘The Iceman’ Liddell.

The former UFC Light-heavyweight champion arrives in the UK, Friday July 16, kicking off seminar tour in sunny Bournemouth – The Iceman’s seminar tour is promoted by Fighters Inc, the team behind Britain’s no.1 martial arts expo Seni.

Bournemouth Seminar in association with Bulldog Ultimate Training Academy. Full details of the Bournemouth date plus the nationwide tour below:

Chuck ‘The Iceman’ Liddell – Southern Seminar
          Date: Friday 16th July – 6.30pm to 8.30pm
          Venue: Rossmore Leisure Centre
          Address: Herbert Avenue, Parkstone, Dorset, BH12 4HR
          Cost: £60

This session includes time allocated at the end for a photo and signing opportunity.

London

Seminar at the brand new URBAN KINGS GYM – KINGS CROSS

Saturday 17th July

Call – 07961 867501 or Click here to book online

Coventry

Seminar in association Way Of The Spiritual Warrior

Sunday 18th July

Call – 02476 331239

Cork City, Ireland

Seminar in association with The Boxing Clinic

Tuesday 20th July

Call – 021- 4840627

Essex

Seminar in association with The MMA Clinic

Thursday 22nd July

Call – 0207 226 4731

Yorkshire

Seminar in association CNC Promotions

Friday 23rd July

Call – 07939 262880

Sheffield

Seminar in association withThe Marsden’s BJJ Self Defence Network

Saturday 24th July

Call – 07702 801695

London

An Evening with Chuck Liddell in association with The River Bar, Greenwich

Sunday 25th July

Call – 0208 853 4404

Comment

• Shields vs Kampmann UFC 121 on October 23rd

Comment

• Originally posted by Redsoxx View Post
              im not saying Henderson's stand up is completely telegraphed, but i mean the Bisping KO was completely telegraphed and the Shields one too imo but thats besides the point.
              Anderson has the best stand up in the world imo and if Shields is on his feet with him for more then a minute each round then he has no chance...
              u think Shields would take Anderson down in the first round and sub him (maybe wishful thinking?) while i think he would TKO Shields within the first 2 rounds...
              "would" and "could" are 2 very different things. I think either of those 2 things could happen. Nothing is 100%.

I don't think anyone is denying Shields can't stand with Anderson. But I also think Shields is at an advantage on the ground. On paper, Anderson is not on Jake's level. Granted they aren't fighting on paper, but until proven otherwise I don't see anyone claiming Silva has a better ground game.

It's all moot anyway, he's fighting at WW and has a VERY tough matchup against Kampmann.
              Originally posted by Helmz
              This album Is my shit.
              Everybody should download this.
              If you ain't feelin it.
              Then stick to R&B bitches.
              AO kills shit.
              www.myspace.com/sevenmethods
              Get at me

Comment

• According to Hardy, the tickets for UFC 120 in London go on sale next weekend

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/sp...l/article.html

Comment

• Just got the email. Fight club members can get them from Thursday, UFC email newsletter pre sale goes on Friday and the code is "LONDON" and then general sale on Saturday.

Comment

• "Tickets for UFC 120 are priced at £50, £75, £100, £125, £175 and £250 and will go on sale via ticketmaster.co.uk and the O2 Arena box office to UFC Fight Club members at 10am on Thursday July 22, UFC Newsletter subscribers and O2 subscribers will get their chance from 10am on Friday July 23 before tickets go on sale to the general public at 10am on Saturday."

UFC UK Fan Expo
                    20 Jul 2010
                    UFC... See more® Fan Expo™ is going global! We are pleased to announce that we’ll be making our way to the UK for the very first time! With the largest collection of UFC®, WEC®, former Pride®, and Hall of Fame fighters plus exciting Special Events, Training & Development Sessions, and The Octagon®, you won't want to miss the first-ever UFC® Fan Expo™ London 2010, happening in conjunction with a highly-anticipated UFC® Pay Per View Fight Card!

The London 2010 event will take place 15-16 October at Earls Court Exhibition Centre. VIP Packages and tickets to Training & Development Sessions are coming soon. Be sure to check back periodically for important news and updates or sign up to receive our official newsletter.
                    Ticket Prices*
                    TICKET UK
                    15 October- Friday £20
                    16 October- Saturday £23
                    15 & 16 October- 2 Day £33
                    Training & Development (coming soon) £99

*Please note: Ticket pricing will increase onsite at the expo, so be sure to buy your tickets now and save!
                    Expo Hours

Friday, 15 October: 10.00 - 19.00
                    Saturday, 16 October: 10.00 - 17.00

wOW, im shocked at how early they will be getting sold .. however, i think they must have planned this really early, especially with the fan expo

Comment

• absolutely gutted, the people I normally go with can't make it. I don't know anyone else who likes it enough to go

Comment

• Dong Hyun Kim is out of his fight with John Hathaway at UFC 120, Mike Pyle will replace him
                        Rampage will fight Machida at a November 20th UFC event(likely UFC 123)
                        Diego Sanchez will fight Paulo Thiago at UFC 121
                        Patrick Cote will fight Tom Lawlor at UFC 121

Comment

• would love Machida to knock Rampage out after all the shit talk he gave to Rashad about it.

Comment

• ya im interested to see how Machida comes out after being knocked out, alot of fighters come out real hesitant after being knocked out...

pissed about the DHK/Hathaway fight, that was the fight i was most interested to see on the whole card...

121 is looking solid so far

Champ Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez (for heavyweight title)*
                            Martin Kampmann vs. Jake Shields*
                            Diego Sanchez vs. Paul Taylor*
                            Patrick Cote vs. Tom Lawlor*
                            Ryan Jensen vs. Court McGee*
                            Sam Stout vs. Paul Taylor*
                            Chris Camozzi vs. Dongi Yang*

Comment

• Sanchez vs Thiago? Did Sanchez move up in weight class?
                              http://www.myspace.com/gordo524

Comment

• redsoxx .. where did you copy that list from ?

paul relentless taylor is listed twice mate

and i hope RAMPAGE KO's "THE DRAGON"

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by mopehawk, Yesterday, 10:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post mopehawk  
                                Started by bomanpbm, Yesterday, 10:35 PM