• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ
    replied
    THIS SECTIONS SLACKING , SO IM GONNA DO SOME BIG NEWS UPDATES

-----------------------------------------------------------

You may not understand the genius that is James Toney. In fact, some of thought you would never see 'James Toney' and 'Genius' in the same sentence. It's alright. Your approval is not a requisite for James Toney to make an extraordinary amount of money in his MMA debut. According to Dan Wetzel of Yahoo! Sports, Toney made an estimated $750,000 to $1,000,000 at UFC 118.

James Toney gave an interview to BJPenn.com and among the expected Rampage Jackson call-outs, Toney briefly touched on the IRS yanking all of his money at the TD Garden.

"I learned to keep my emotions in check. I lost my attention span in that fight. I was dealing with all that b******* before with the IRS and that’s what happened. When I heard the IRS was after my check right before that fight. It was like 35 minutes before that fight I found out they wanted to come take my money so my mind wasn’t on the fight, it was on that situation."

"Just because I lost the fight with Couture doesn’t mean I’m done with MMA. I’m still going to go back in there. I have just been handling big business right now. I’m looking forward to getting back in there hopefully against Rampage Jackson."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keith Jardine on rashand and jacksons

"One thing to remember is Rashad is instrumental in this whole Jackson phenomenon starting," Jardine said. "Without Rashad, who knows if it ever would have happened? He was one of the first guys to come in from out of town and join the team. And he was a guy who, when the sport was growing, he was winning fights and everybody was looking at him as he was getting better. People were calling Rashad up and he was bringing people to town, and without him, who knows if any of that would have ever happened? Without Rashad Evans, maybe this Jackson's phenomena never happens."

"You know, I haven't thought about it too much, but no question I would be supporting Rashad," Jardine said. "He's one of my closest friends in the world. I have a lot of loyalty and friendship with him."

"It'll never be the same, you know? This gym, when the UFC broke out in 2005, was built on me, Rashad, Nate Marquardt, Joey Villasenor and Diego Sanchez...It all started from that interview that Jon did talking about the possibility of fighting with Rashad [with Ariel Helwani on Versus:]," Jardine said. "That's just something that doesn't need to be said. Of course they could have been made to fight, and they both knew it. But for Jon to go out and say that made Rashad look like a punk, and that's kind of what happened to start it all. It was already sensitive, so it blew up after that."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Titan Fighting Championships has been forced to seek a new opponent for former Strikeforce heavyweight Bobby Lashley’s promotional unveiling at Titan FC 17 in Kansas City, Kansas a little more than a week from today. According to an official statement from CEO Joe Kelly, Lashley’s originally scheduled foe, James Jack has “essentially gone MIA” and was pulled after a series of missed photo shoots and unreturned phone calls.

Stepping in for Jack will be John Ott, a middleweight most of the time who walks around at 225-pounds between fights based on an interest in bodybuilding. Ott is 8-7 overall but has won three of his last four fights including a win over Brian Imes at Bellator 26.
    Lashley has not been seen in the ring since August 2010 after dropping his first professional fight to Chad Griggs at “Strikeforce – Houston” by way of an inability to continue beyond the second round. Prior to the loss he had compiled five straight wins to open up his career including victories over Wes Simms, Jason Guida, and Bob Sapp.

Titan FC is set for a live HDNet broadcast on March 25 and will also feature the debut of newly signed Phil Baroni who fights Nick Nolte in addition Abe Wagner taking on Aaron Rosa.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bellator Fighting Championships today announced the signing of undefeated Bulgarian Heavyweight and world-class Sambo competitor Blagoi Ivanov. Ivanov won the 2008 Combat Sambo World Championships, notably defeating Fedor Emelianenko in the semifinals, reportedly ending an eight-year undefeated streak for Emelianenko in Combat Sambo. Ivanov has also competed in Judo as a heavyweight national representative for Bulgaria. Since transitioning to mixed martial arts Ivanov has gone undefeated with an impressive 8-0 professional record including three (T)KO’s and three submission victories.

The fast rising 24 year old is expected to make his U.S and Bellator debut in 2011 LIVE on MTV2. Ivanov currently trains out of the TapouT Training Center in Las Vegas and has recently spent time training with the likes of Randy Couture, Roy Nelson, and Vitor Belfort. Ivanov also recently spent time working his hands with former boxing champion and uncle to Floyd Mayweather Jr., Jeff Mayweather.

“Blagoi is a great signing for us at heavyweight,” said Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney. “He brings an incredible Sambo background to the cage and is developing his hands with some of the best in the business I’m very happy that he and his management have decided to move his career forward under the Bellator banner.

Although many changes will come with his newly minted Bellator contract, Ivanov says that he is more than excited to get started.

“I can’t wait to have the chance to show what I’m capable of to all of the Bellator fans watching on MTV2 all across the United States,” said Ivanov. “I’m already hard at work preparing for my first fight with Bellator. My ultimate goal is to fight Cole Konrad for the Bellator World Heavyweight Championship. My mission is to become the Bellator Champion, and that’s what I intend to do.”

-----------------------------------------------------

King Mo” recently took to his Twitter and announced he’s planning to fight on June 18 at the American Airlines Center in his home-base of Dallas, Texas. No opponent was mentioned.

Also, while nothing official has surfaced from the promotion, ESPN’s Josh Gross previously confirmed the date/location of a Strikeforce event with Texas’ athletic commission matching up with Lawal’s statement.

---------------------------
    Last edited by AJ; 03-23-2011, 10:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Big John
    replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUooZ...mbedded#at=355

Leave a comment:

• Redsoxx
    replied
    ya i am special thanks u can go back to world of warcraft now bro

and jeevz thats what im guessing

Leave a comment:

• AK
    replied
    Originally posted by Redsoxx View Post
    still slacking ive known about it for a while just came here to see if anyone was talking about it
    well arent you special, you can check an MMA news site faster than anyone on the board! thank god you decided to come back, dont know what we would have done without you.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Has he dropped out for family and friends ?
    because dana said akiyama was fine, was due to travel on sunday/monday to the u.s

Leave a comment:

• Redsoxx
    replied
    oh ya and Akiyama dropped out of the Marquardt fight to to the events in Japan, Dan Miller will step in for him

Leave a comment:

• Redsoxx
    replied
    still slacking ive known about it for a while just came here to see if anyone was talking about it

Leave a comment:

• AK
    replied
    Made a thread at 12:53pm, you posted at 12:54pm, WHOSE SLACKING NOW?!?!?!?

Leave a comment:

• Redsoxx
    replied
    know i said i wouldnt post here any more but the UFC just bought Strikeforce lol yall are slacking

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/03/1...s-strikeforce/
    Last edited by Redsoxx; 03-12-2011, 09:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheNyNe
    replied
    anderson silva talks shogun vs jones and gsp, plus he's probably out his mind cause he says he wants to fight 10 more years http://pastebin.com/Z7XMMfsS
    here's the vid if you understand portoguese http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Ande...017622&tid=101

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    alpha and red need to realxxx

anyway s.. check out a guy called gunnar nelson .. he's gonna blow up soon .. got his black belt from renzo gracie in 4 years

Leave a comment:

• AK
    replied
    I love how all the studio leaks members post here, yet this board is shit, its dead, sl has much more engaging topics etc..

lol @ "ill leave when i want"

Leave a comment:

• AlpHa_OmegA
    replied
    Rumors of Hendo Vs Fedor? Interesting.

http://www.addictedmma.com/story-New...trikeforce.php

Hendo is a bad ass mofo he doesn't care he'll fight anyone. Dude has fought 4 HWs already so I can see it happening. Even though Fedor looked uncharacteristicly horrible in his last fight, it'd still sell out a stadium. I'd like to see it.

Leave a comment:

• AlpHa_OmegA
    replied
    LOL this dude seething

lol @ admitting I'm smart. Not the best way to insult someone.

Stop with the homosexual slurs, shit is creepy. I'm not even going to insult you. I'm going tpo apologize for clearly hurting your feelings. You pos repped me recently, I neg repped you in a misunderstanding and now you're clearly hurt by that action.

I ruined this section. lol. Is that why I got positive reps from you constantly until a misunderstanding? Check them emotions, homie.

And lol @ a peasant disrespecting an MMA legend. 3 fight winning streak with 2 wins in a row over former world champions upon leaving the UFC. Yeah, he couldn't hang in the UFC
    Last edited by AlpHa_OmegA; 03-06-2011, 09:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jroy7
    replied
    henderson cant hang in the ufc anymore, fuck his record and fuck you

Leave a comment:

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Eva, 07-24-2019, 04:11 AM
3 responses