Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you notice, every show they did with Fedor or Mousasi was a cross promotion event. That's because they are an organization. It'd be the equivalent of Gilbert Melendez fighting Frankie Edgar. It's a cross promotion. It does not mean Gilbert is signed to the UFC.

As for my GSP statement. I could have worded it better. Basically, it'd be like Strikeforce trying to get GSP to fight Nick Diaz. GSP is under contract with the UFC so it would have to be a cross promotion. It's the same case with Fedor and M1. Of course they wanted to cross promote, Fedor is signed to their organization. At the end of the day, they are a mixed martial arts organization.

And I really don't think it hurts Fedor's legacy to not fight in the UFC. Maybe to casual fans who don't know any better, but (not to start an argument over SF Vs UFC) I believe SF has the better division right now and of course Fedor fought in the mecca (Pride). So he's been in 2 very tough HW divisions. Dominated Pride and his time isn't up in SF. Maybe he'll redeem his loss or maybe he'll just beat Barnett or Overeem and retire/leave. Either way he can add a couple exclamation points to his career without signing to the UFC. Even if he loses to Reem or Barnett, he'll add 2 more tough guys to his resume.
    Originally posted by Helmz
    This album Is my shit.
    Everybody should download this.
    If you ain't feelin it.
    Then stick to R&B bitches.
    AO kills shit.
    www.myspace.com/sevenmethods
    Get at me

Comment

• Someone needs to look into the Jackson camp. Jardine has now been accused of greasing. He is the 6th Jackson fighter to be accused. others include Georges St. Pierre, Nate Marquardt, Roger Huerta, Rashad Evans, and Diego Sanchez.

http://www.sportsbettingworld.com/ho...roversy-11249/

This Nemisis fighting show was a hoax. Fighters are not getting paid and checks are bouncing. Someone shut these fuckers down.
      This album Is my shit.
      If you ain't feelin it.
      AO kills shit.
      Get at me

Comment

• GSP destroyed BJ, greasing didnt do nothing to help his case BJ is a whiney bitch
        LastFM

Comment

• ^ I agree BJ is a whiny little cunt. But you can plainly see his corner doing it. Regardless, he was getting his ass whooped on the feet as well.

Aderson Silva did it against Leites and Rich Franklin did it against Anderson Silva as well (Rich's corner greased his neck and shoulders in the 2nd fight between rounds to ensure he didn't get MT plumbed to death).

Good thing the commision does the vaseline now. But fighters can still do this.

This album Is my shit.
          If you ain't feelin it.
          AO kills shit.
          Get at me

Comment

• Oh im not debating the fact that he was greased to the tits, he had half a jar on his eye brow. I just hate how far BJ took it, like it would have changed the outcome of the fight.

lol @ that .gif.
            LastFM

Comment

• Shogun Vs Rashad set for UFC 129. This will not end well for wall & stall Rashad.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21776/shog...new-jersey.mma

Has anyone else noticed that Rashad's wins keep going down? Seriously. When he fought Machida he was 18-0. When he fought Thiago he was 15-1. Now he beats Thiago and Rampage and he's still 15-1.
              Last edited by AlpHa_OmegA; 12-15-2010, 05:10 PM.
              This album Is my shit.
              If you ain't feelin it.
              AO kills shit.
              Get at me

Comment

• After months of speculation, it’s finally official: the UFC is going back to Brazil.

“UFC Rio” will take place Aug. 27, 2011, at the 18,000-seat HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, UFC President Dana White announced today at a press conference inside Rio’s City Palace, the official residence of Mayor Eduardo Paes.

“I’m sure many of you have seen it on television,” White told the assembled press. “But I’m telling you right now, when we bring this live event down here to Rio, it is the most exciting live sporting event you will ever see. I know, coming from me, it sounds a little biased, but I’m telling you -- when we get you inside that arena, what I call ‘the virus’ will spread.”

In addition to White and UFC chairman and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta, the panel for the press conference featured an all-star lineup of Brazilian athletes: current UFC champions Anderson Silva, Mauricio Rua and Jose Aldo were in attendance, as were former champion Vitor Belfort and MMA godfather Royce Gracie. Mayor Paes also appeared briefly and was awarded an honorary UFC title belt for his support of the promotion.

While no fights were announced for the still far-off engagement, spots on the show’s roster are sure to be coveted amongst the 36 Brazilian fighters who the UFC currently has under contract.

“I’m sure there’s a lot of Brazilians that are gonna wanna fight on this card down in Rio, so we’ll see how it all plays out,” White said. “Believe me when I tell you, we’re gonna bring you a good card and you will have your Brazilian favorites on the card, I guarantee you.”

White said that tickets for the event will go on sale in May, though prices were not yet undetermined. He also confirmed that the UFC would not be bringing one of its popular fan expos to Brazil this time around, though he stressed that he believes the timing is right for the promotion’s first show in the country in over a decade.

“I think that coming to Brazil any earlier than this -- it just wasn’t the time. Right now is the time for us to come to Brazil,” White said.

“This isn’t a test. This is gonna work in Brazil.”
                LastFM

Comment

• Originally posted by AlpHa_OmegA View Post
                  Shogun Vs Rashad set for UFC 129. This will not end well for wall & stall Rashad.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21776/shog...new-jersey.mma

Has anyone else noticed that Rashad's wins keep going down? Seriously. When he fought Machida he was 18-0. When he fought Thiago he was 15-1. Now he beats Thiago and Rampage and he's still 15-1.
                  Yeah they count his Ultimate Fighter fights and 2 fights in the DangerZone Promotion on his record in the UFC introductions

Comment

• Originally posted by KIlLLA View Post
                    Yeah they count his Ultimate Fighter fights and 2 fights in the DangerZone Promotion on his record in the UFC introductions
                    This is what I've been told. However, no TUF guy other than him has had their TUF fights displayed in their professional records because according to athletic commissions, they are not professional fights. And Those other 2 fights were amatuer fights.

Not to mention the UFC used Cheick Kongo's kickboxing record as his MMA record. Both things are a little fishy. At least they corrected Rashad's though. Dunno the story behind Kongo's.
                    This album Is my shit.
                    If you ain't feelin it.
                    AO kills shit.
                    Get at me

Comment

• alpha .. even mousasi refers to m1 as a promotion company , and a managment company .. that's someone that has come through with them ..

and knowing someone that fought in the m1 global events , m1 are a shady bunch of fucks, that was their real reputation before they smartened up in the usa (and i doubt they have behind the scenes)
                      Buddhism is the shiiiiittttt

When Buddha can't help, I ask , What would BARNEY STINSON do ?

"When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story."

Comment

• shit that top play on ESPN ... dont know who it was... bouncing off the fence and kicking other guy in the head fuckin brilliant

Manchester United 34-12-4
                        Real Salt Lake 7-1-1
                        SF 49ers 0-0

so stoned but leave no stone unturned

Comment

• it was anthony pettis

Comment

• was indeed, thank god for tivo
                            No regrets, nicca no regards
                            I know the bar, raise mine, yall can lower yalls
                            What I lack in talent, I normally show in heart
                            Prolly why they want the encore before the show can start

Comment

• Fedor Vs Bigfoot likely for the Jan 29th Strikeforce card
                              This album Is my shit.
                              If you ain't feelin it.
                              AO kills shit.
                              Get at me

Comment

• nice..i won't really be going for anybody in that one

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by jerrystom864, Today, 07:29 AM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post jerrystom864  
                                Started by jerrystom864, Today, 07:16 AM