Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British MMA needs a fucking regulating commission ..
    I know about two dozen fighters now that due to bad business have had fights not counted, me included .. because douchebag promoters arent registering fights on their database .. fucking terrible
    Buddhism is the shiiiiittttt

When Buddha can't help, I ask , What would BARNEY STINSON do ?

"When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story."

Comment

• ^ Whats your record m8?

Comment

• 2-0-0 (1 SEMI PRO, 1 pro)
        However .. The company that did the events went bust and didnt put it on the UK database, and it's gotten real complicated .. About 6 other people I know personally have been screwed by companies and gyms trying to make money by becoming mma promotions but then losing money and fucking up , AND I know of a further 20 that have been screwed (Im still tryin to get in touch with my old coach to see if he has a video copy, SEEMS like brazil doesnt use emails)

The standard of judges and refs isnt great, most promotions use their friends..some of the calls I see are embarrasing

I have two mates who have yet to be paid for figthts last summer !! and I know of many people in similar situations

If i win the lottery, the first thing I will do is create an mma commission here .. Too many douchebags are jumping on the bandwagon takin advantage .. Im seeing too many fight events in hotel conference rooms / night clubs / cheap ass sports centres where you play badminton

KILLIE .. Where are you from ?if anywhere north, you need to go watch OMMAC events, the best company in the uk, some great fights
        Last edited by AJ; 01-13-2011, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• So does that mean you can't count them as wins officially? Thats shit man. Do you have any upcoming fights? I'm from Scotland.

Comment

• I can sorta count them if I can get enough people to verify that the fight took place, and the result and everything, but it's probably best to leave it .. it's just real compicated at the moment though because there will always be doubt .. It's so fucked up, people are just trying to profit and are ripping people off, too many amateurs trying to run "promotions" and "gyms", there's an official database for the big promotions, but a lot of the smaller promotions dont bother, so many sharks in this pool at the moment, its dangerous if we dont get a governing body soon ..

I'm moving down a weight class to middleweight, my height restricts me at LHW .. I'm trying to sort a fight out (but with uni / runnin a business ) , training is already hard enough.. Might have to wait until the summer break .. Though I've had 3 fight offers already .. So I'm not too worried to be honest

Imagine setting up a "fight club" in your local leisure centre (in a rented room when they arent doing boxercise or pilates) !! and running an event with your fighters at a shit night club ! Bearing in mind that you only have 2 years experience in MMA, and you teach your class what you learnt the previous week at an established gym !! And you don't even have insurance ... True story about someone I know

This is why I say MMA in England is a good 5-10 years behind the U.S

Ah right, well if you ever see an OMMAC card scheduled for scotland .. do not miss it
            Last edited by AJ; 01-13-2011, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• lol thats pretty fucked up!
              Yeah, will do man. I just checked out their site and seen Ross Pointon fights for them. Haven't heard of him since TUF 3 lol

Comment

• overeem's title not up for grabs at strike force tourney and each bout is 3 rounds except for final ..
                "Why would I save a world, I no longer have any stake in?"

Comment

• DUNNO if this was posted, thiago silva on jon jones

on Jones criticized a lot your attitude, claiming that it wasn’t respectful and that a martial artist shouldn’t do such thing… What did you think of it?

This guy is a jerk. Everybody’s a professional fighter and all fights include provocations. Brandon Vera said he’s break my legs, that I wasn’t on his level. I don’t say things, I do. You get recognized when you do things. I’m a professional fighter, but I can’t always please everybody. There’s always somebody behind the computed with a plate filled with French fries, ready to criticize you. I fight for the fans, for the money and to put my name up there. Talking is too much easy, nobody knows what goes on in your life, your trainings… I think I did my job. Who likes it, likes it, but you can dislike it if you want.

i agree with jon jones .. the little drum pat was just stupid

Comment

• It wasnt needed, but he didnt go too far i dont think. If he had done it the whole fight ala Anderson Silva that would be a different story. Its like Randy spanking Tito Ortiz.
                    LastFM

Comment

• I hate Thiago TBH. It's hard for me to hate Chute Boxe guys, too.
                      Originally posted by Helmz
                      This album Is my shit.
                      Everybody should download this.
                      If you ain't feelin it.
                      Then stick to R&B bitches.
                      AO kills shit.
                      www.myspace.com/sevenmethods
                      Get at me

Comment

• hope the SF tourny goes ahead without any complications, quite looking forward to it.

Comment

• could the overeem brothers fight one another if injuries occur :O

Comment

• so edgar maynard 3 is going to happen at ufc 130 in may, not as far off as many people thought with edgars broken nose
                            "Why would I save a world, I no longer have any stake in?"

Comment

• i guess its official the Mark Hominick will face Aldo at UFC 129 if he beats Roop at Fight for the troops, ive been saying this would happen for a while now...

also Nate Diaz vs Rory Macdonald at 129
                              No regrets, nicca no regards
                              I know the bar, raise mine, yall can lower yalls
                              What I lack in talent, I normally show in heart
                              Prolly why they want the encore before the show can start

Comment

• lol I watched the first UFC last night. Such a fuckin joke. The main commentator was an actual fuckin idiot who didn't have the slightest clue what was going on

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by theodore12, Today, 04:41 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post theodore12  
                                Started by urygnbjfd, Today, 04:15 AM
                                0 responses