Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love how all the studio leaks members post here, yet this board is shit, its dead, sl has much more engaging topics etc..

lol @ "ill leave when i want"
    LastFM

Comment

• alpha and red need to realxxx

anyway s.. check out a guy called gunnar nelson .. he's gonna blow up soon .. got his black belt from renzo gracie in 4 years
      Buddhism is the shiiiiittttt

When Buddha can't help, I ask , What would BARNEY STINSON do ?

"When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story."

Comment

• anderson silva talks shogun vs jones and gsp, plus he's probably out his mind cause he says he wants to fight 10 more years http://pastebin.com/Z7XMMfsS
        here's the vid if you understand portoguese http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Ande...017622&tid=101
        Once upon a time in America there was a hustler holding a Derringer
        Every society honors it's live conformists and dead trouble makers
        THE PEOPLE WANT HOW HIGH 2

Comment

• know i said i wouldnt post here any more but the UFC just bought Strikeforce lol yall are slacking

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/03/1...s-strikeforce/
          Last edited by Redsoxx; 03-12-2011, 09:57 AM.
          No regrets, nicca no regards
          I know the bar, raise mine, yall can lower yalls
          What I lack in talent, I normally show in heart
          Prolly why they want the encore before the show can start

Comment

• Made a thread at 12:53pm, you posted at 12:54pm, WHOSE SLACKING NOW?!?!?!?
            LastFM

Comment

• still slacking ive known about it for a while just came here to see if anyone was talking about it

Comment

• oh ya and Akiyama dropped out of the Marquardt fight to to the events in Japan, Dan Miller will step in for him

Comment

• Has he dropped out for family and friends ?
                  because dana said akiyama was fine, was due to travel on sunday/monday to the u.s

Comment

• Originally posted by Redsoxx View Post
                    still slacking ive known about it for a while just came here to see if anyone was talking about it
                    well arent you special, you can check an MMA news site faster than anyone on the board! thank god you decided to come back, dont know what we would have done without you.
                    LastFM

Comment

• ya i am special thanks u can go back to world of warcraft now bro

and jeevz thats what im guessing

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUooZ...mbedded#at=355

Comment

• THIS SECTIONS SLACKING , SO IM GONNA DO SOME BIG NEWS UPDATES

-----------------------------------------------------------

You may not understand the genius that is James Toney. In fact, some of thought you would never see 'James Toney' and 'Genius' in the same sentence. It's alright. Your approval is not a requisite for James Toney to make an extraordinary amount of money in his MMA debut. According to Dan Wetzel of Yahoo! Sports, Toney made an estimated $750,000 to $1,000,000 at UFC 118.

James Toney gave an interview to BJPenn.com and among the expected Rampage Jackson call-outs, Toney briefly touched on the IRS yanking all of his money at the TD Garden.

"I learned to keep my emotions in check. I lost my attention span in that fight. I was dealing with all that b******* before with the IRS and that’s what happened. When I heard the IRS was after my check right before that fight. It was like 35 minutes before that fight I found out they wanted to come take my money so my mind wasn’t on the fight, it was on that situation."

"Just because I lost the fight with Couture doesn’t mean I’m done with MMA. I’m still going to go back in there. I have just been handling big business right now. I’m looking forward to getting back in there hopefully against Rampage Jackson."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keith Jardine on rashand and jacksons

"One thing to remember is Rashad is instrumental in this whole Jackson phenomenon starting," Jardine said. "Without Rashad, who knows if it ever would have happened? He was one of the first guys to come in from out of town and join the team. And he was a guy who, when the sport was growing, he was winning fights and everybody was looking at him as he was getting better. People were calling Rashad up and he was bringing people to town, and without him, who knows if any of that would have ever happened? Without Rashad Evans, maybe this Jackson's phenomena never happens."

"You know, I haven't thought about it too much, but no question I would be supporting Rashad," Jardine said. "He's one of my closest friends in the world. I have a lot of loyalty and friendship with him."

"It'll never be the same, you know? This gym, when the UFC broke out in 2005, was built on me, Rashad, Nate Marquardt, Joey Villasenor and Diego Sanchez...It all started from that interview that Jon did talking about the possibility of fighting with Rashad [with Ariel Helwani on Versus:]," Jardine said. "That's just something that doesn't need to be said. Of course they could have been made to fight, and they both knew it. But for Jon to go out and say that made Rashad look like a punk, and that's kind of what happened to start it all. It was already sensitive, so it blew up after that."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Titan Fighting Championships has been forced to seek a new opponent for former Strikeforce heavyweight Bobby Lashley’s promotional unveiling at Titan FC 17 in Kansas City, Kansas a little more than a week from today. According to an official statement from CEO Joe Kelly, Lashley’s originally scheduled foe, James Jack has “essentially gone MIA” and was pulled after a series of missed photo shoots and unreturned phone calls.

Stepping in for Jack will be John Ott, a middleweight most of the time who walks around at 225-pounds between fights based on an interest in bodybuilding. Ott is 8-7 overall but has won three of his last four fights including a win over Brian Imes at Bellator 26.
                          Lashley has not been seen in the ring since August 2010 after dropping his first professional fight to Chad Griggs at “Strikeforce – Houston” by way of an inability to continue beyond the second round. Prior to the loss he had compiled five straight wins to open up his career including victories over Wes Simms, Jason Guida, and Bob Sapp.

Titan FC is set for a live HDNet broadcast on March 25 and will also feature the debut of newly signed Phil Baroni who fights Nick Nolte in addition Abe Wagner taking on Aaron Rosa.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bellator Fighting Championships today announced the signing of undefeated Bulgarian Heavyweight and world-class Sambo competitor Blagoi Ivanov. Ivanov won the 2008 Combat Sambo World Championships, notably defeating Fedor Emelianenko in the semifinals, reportedly ending an eight-year undefeated streak for Emelianenko in Combat Sambo. Ivanov has also competed in Judo as a heavyweight national representative for Bulgaria. Since transitioning to mixed martial arts Ivanov has gone undefeated with an impressive 8-0 professional record including three (T)KO’s and three submission victories.

The fast rising 24 year old is expected to make his U.S and Bellator debut in 2011 LIVE on MTV2. Ivanov currently trains out of the TapouT Training Center in Las Vegas and has recently spent time training with the likes of Randy Couture, Roy Nelson, and Vitor Belfort. Ivanov also recently spent time working his hands with former boxing champion and uncle to Floyd Mayweather Jr., Jeff Mayweather.

“Blagoi is a great signing for us at heavyweight,” said Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney. “He brings an incredible Sambo background to the cage and is developing his hands with some of the best in the business I’m very happy that he and his management have decided to move his career forward under the Bellator banner.

Although many changes will come with his newly minted Bellator contract, Ivanov says that he is more than excited to get started.

“I can’t wait to have the chance to show what I’m capable of to all of the Bellator fans watching on MTV2 all across the United States,” said Ivanov. “I’m already hard at work preparing for my first fight with Bellator. My ultimate goal is to fight Cole Konrad for the Bellator World Heavyweight Championship. My mission is to become the Bellator Champion, and that’s what I intend to do.”

-----------------------------------------------------

King Mo” recently took to his Twitter and announced he’s planning to fight on June 18 at the American Airlines Center in his home-base of Dallas, Texas. No opponent was mentioned.

Also, while nothing official has surfaced from the promotion, ESPN’s Josh Gross previously confirmed the date/location of a Strikeforce event with Texas’ athletic commission matching up with Lawal’s statement.

---------------------------
                          Last edited by AJ; 03-23-2011, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• LASHLEY INTERVIEW

Coming from someone who still is active and wrestles in Japan, why is MMA dying over there?
                            Oh man, I don't know as far as MMA. I don't know whats going on. I think they put a lot into a few names but with all these other organizations people started disappearing on them. When I go down there to wrestle every few months it's great, they always sell out.

Why do you think that is? Why has pro wrestling been able to sustain while MMA has not?
                            Pro wrestling is never gonna die, part of the reason is with wrestling, you know you're going to be entertained for as long as the show goes. 2 hour show, 2 hours of entertainment. In MMA it's so unpredictable no one ever knows what's going to happen. So it's a toss up with what they are trying to do. Do you have good match ups or do you highlight your stars and keep the entertainment aspect of it. I think some promotions don't know which way to go and it's confusing to the crowd.

Will you ever wrestle in a North American promotion again?
                            Yeah I probably will, I love pro wrestling, right now all of my heart and dedication is to fighting, so I wouldn't say right now, it's always a great time but right now I'm dedicated to fighting. It's fun putting on great shows in front of large crowds, i will never say I would never go back to pro wrestling.

What do you think about the reports of Vince Mcmahon trying to block MMA in Connecticut.
                            Wow, I did not know that. Well, I don't know how much power he has to do that, or it may not be totally him. A lot of the time the blame is pointed towards Vince when he has a whole staff of people working for him. He gets a lot of heat for thing he may not really be involved with. I haven't heard anything about this, I remember one time when I was wrestling I brought up MMA and he was all for it, so I don't think Vince is against MMA at all.

So when you had that conversation with Vince McMahon about MMA, was it to wrestle and fight?
                            No, I think it was just MMA. I think he was trying to tell me to hold off so it could be under this banner. A different promotion.

Can you talk about the bank robbery that happened around you a few years back?
                            Oh yeah, it was pretty crazy. I was getting ready for the Olympic trials in 2003. I was preparing for team trials, I was ready to move forward and wrestle. So I was heading to the bank and I got in the back of the line and I was getting ready to make a deposit into my account and right after I walked in it was BOOM. The first bang noise was the guy kicking in the door and the second bang was him firing. I was not more than 10 ft in front of the guy, he had his arm extended out and he was firing and when he was firing I saw out of my peripheral that everyone was diving so I took a dive also. When I was down there I remember praying like 'this cannot be it, this isn't it, no way no way' At that point I stayed down, I heard more gunshots, they were firing more, no one got shot but they ended up escaping. The reason I know so much as far as what went on, and how close they were is that I got to see the surveillance camera after, when I saw that I couldn't believe how close the guy was to me and that he missed me. When I got up, my knee was just completely destroyed. It ws the industrial carpet with concrete underneath it. My knee was just destroyed, I had to have surgery, it ended my amateur wrestling career, it was a mess. The one thing I could say I learned from that is life is short. Go out and do what you want. When I first started MMA there were a bunch of critics saying 'this guy this guy' if you have an opportunity to do something you have to go do it.

How did you get hooked up with Titan FC.
                            A buddy of mine owns an MMA clothing store in Kansas City and he had done some work with them, so on Facebook I mentioned something about getting a hold of them for me because I hadn't fought in a while and I don't have management. I got burned a few times before with managers so I do it all my own. So I saw him and he gave em a call and Joe Kelley (CEO) called me and seemed like a real cool guy and he told me they had a bunch of fights lined up for this year and he would love to have me on the card. So, at that point I was like sign me up.

So would you say you are going to take on Abe Wagner or Tim Sylvia in the near future?
                            I don't know the details about my future just yet, but I know I'm still under contract with Strikeforce. I found out through Coker and those guys, I'm still under contract with Strikeforce til late April I guess, after that I can renegotiate or look for other fights.

So the Strikeforce door is still open then?
                            Yeah

You talk about building yourself up, do you think you've built yourself up enough? Is it time?
                            After 6 fights? You could say that, lets go by some of the top guys in Strikeforce, how many fights does Bigfoot have? Fedor? 30? Overeem is at 40 something. You cant replicate that experience in the ring or cage. At 6 fights I'm here right now and the more fights you have the more comfortable you're going to be in the ring and the more ring generalship your going to have and you will be comfortable in there. At 6 fights I think I'm still in the infancy of my career and I would like it to be where I have 10 15 20 fights. So yeah I want to get a handful of fights before I go back out there and try to get the big fights. I know what I am capable of doing and my coaches know what I am capable of. But the thing is the experience, you cant match that with anything else, you can practice year after year but in the cage, in that cage it's different. You need to get experience that way and get more comfortable.

That's interesting, you have critics out there that thik you should just jump right in and you've been ready. To that you said I want to fight lower level guys, cans maybe? Or fight for the belt.
                            I never said I want to fight "cans". I think that's a problem I have with critics, you get in a ring with a can you'll know that's ignorant. I have respect for every guy who steps in there. I don't think there is anyone out there to be considered a can. I think one person on paper might be better than another or on a different level, but you put 4oz glove so on anyone I don't care if you're 145 pounds you can get hit and dropped, really. so i don't look at cans but there are different levels. you got the JDS, Cain, Overeem. Those guys are the top higher level, and before I get to that level I want to fight maybe you can call them mid card guys but I think with the opportunity to get several fights this year I can grow. In stead of being stuck in a contract where people aren't allowing me to fight I can get some fights in this year. If I can fight every couple months, I'm gonna fight every couple months. I said this before, but because of contracts and other things I was in I couldn't dictate when I could fight or what I wanted to do. I will not put myself if that situation again. Now I'm in a situation where I can stay active, I need to go out there and get several fights this year.

Would you say a lot of the fighters aren't getting enough fights in Strikeforce?
                            It just depends on who you are. some people have in their contract that they can fight in Strikeforce or other places on their off time. Cormier was fighting a fight every month, some people get the opportunity's to take the fights like that some don't.

Who has the better UFC division right now UFC or Strikeforce.
                            Man...I cant even answer that. I think Brock is tough, Cain is tough, Fedor's tough. Overeem is tough, Josh Barnett is extremely tough. I think Kharitnov, Cormier. I could list a ton of good looking guys, Shane Del Rosario. I mean there are a lot of guys on that list and then you go to UFC, JDS, Shane Carwin all of these guys haven't fought each other and until they do we will never know.

Everybody loses in MMA, from the outside it looks like you're taking the loss to Chad Griggs kind of tough. What if it wasn't a flaw in your game and it turns out Chad Griggs is the greatest of all time, would that help put your sole loss in perspective?
                            No. Not at all, because I didn't look at that loss as him beating me, there were a lot of things that were going on that I was dealing with at the time. My performance suffered, but there was no point where I feel he took over. I mean I wish the best for him and I hope he does do something great but I don't see him beating the upper echelon of that weight division at all.

That whole card was crazy with the athletic commission...
                            (interjects) the standup from full mount position, allowing the strikes to the back to the head, yeah a lot of stuff completely off the wall.

Did you know Chadd Griggs called you a sore loser
                            I could care less about what he has to say.

Would you say you're going to stay away from Texas for awhile?
                            I wouldn't say I'm going to stay away from it but if I have an opportunity elsewhere and an opportunity in Texas I will probably go somewhere else than back to Texas.

Do you think you are represented well in EA MMA?
                            I don't know, I haven't really seen my character.

You shoot a lot.
                            Yeah see I'm trying to fix that a bit, in my time off I've been working with my hands so hopefully I can show the fans and the MMA world something different.

When you first hit the MMA scene you were given the nickname 'The Galaxy Collector' any chance you will ditch 'Dominator' and go back to that?
                            Galaxy collector? I don't know about that. I've never heard that.

You said you wanted to train with Josh Barnett, did anything come of that?
                            Ahh, Josh has extended his hand out and said he wanted to work together. We worked out a little in Japan and ever since then, I live in Denver and I have kids so I cant just pick up and leave anytime, this fight came up quick so I keep my training here in Denver. But when this fight is over I'm gonna try to get a fight really soon after so I can go out there and train with them. I'm gonna see if I can help train him for his fight too because I see him as the sleeper in that tournament and I think he could take out everybody and win it, hopefully. So hopefully I could get something out of that camp and help him also.

What do you have to say to all of your haters?
                            I don't even comment to those guys man. I look at it like this, I think a lot of the times, haters are from different camps or these jealous people. I think those people are always going to be there. A comedian said something I thought was really true and funny: if you have 10 haters now you should want 20 by the end of the year. The more success you get the more haters you're going to get. I'm not going to go on the forums, The Underground and give myself little aliases to try to make myself feel better bashing on other fighters. I think I have a little more appreciation and respect for the MMA fight game in order to not do that and I think it's the most childish thing you can do. It's sad that the fighters and we have managers agents and all kinds of people jumping on these forums and doing that and it doing this, that's just not me. So to all my haters keep hating. Ha, you are helping sell my career so keep on going.

Are you and Phil Baroni going to be partying it up?
                            Well he's from that AKA crew, a real great group of guys and fighters, I don't know him that well personally but if he's any thing like those AKA guys I will definitely be hanging out with them when I'm down there.

--------------------------------------------------

sengoku shutting down

SRC Report: Future activities of the emergency;

Emergency previous report (released February 1, 2011) As we know the history behind it, but we now are critical crossroads, we face a tough decision. Then, Don Quixote, who is also the parent company of our sponsor (the company below) from, SRC has been made official representations to the effect that withdrawing from the business.

It has also led to this, we express the truth intentionally, and if the company [million years despite large deficits, but only in a dream has continued to support and love of martial arts, but the thought Naka Naka Not only convey, ranging to be dragged into such a situation and some mindless media article on the contrary, is disgusted Hotohoto] you really like.

The company most, rather than a full withdrawal from the actual martial arts community, Pancrase and Shooto activities sponsored organizations that support current and amateur wrestling or are planning to continue, even and other groups, "If tapped Future (help) and not willing to consider, "I said. But we organized, SRC from big businesses such as Sengoku decision to pull out of the company is refusing to be changed.

Indeed shameful that the inside will pour out, as we have been doing business entirely dependent on sponsors and parent support is not without its own box office on its own can be terminated if it is no longer present and if Ikan stuck with a difficult situation I have to say.

The only hope is the emergence of a sponsor to replace Don Quixote. The company also "has a love for martial arts, if there is funding us to target certain (for inheritance) willing to cooperate fully" with the intention to accepting. Even if we do something in that direction, we hope to find out the possibility of 一縷. But if it is fulfilled, you must be prepared for the worst that can be dissolved.

Even with the lack of any company, SRC fans, players, of course, put a great deal of inconvenience and worry like all the related parties, lay down here and I apologize.

Warudobikutorirodo Inc. March 11, 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MFC is hosting their first ever event held in a cage and they want you to name it for them. In exchange for providing them with the winning insanely creative and witty name for their shiny new cage, they will provide you with premium tickets to the fights, airfare, ground transportation, hotel accommodations, pre-show and after-party passes.

Too enter the MFC Cage Name Contest or for more information send your entry, name, address, phone number and email address to mfc@maximumfighting.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you who are completely out of touch with the MMA world and especially the saga of the fighter formally known as Krazy Horse and Chute Box back in Pride, here's a handy guide to get up to date. First, watch this video of Krazy Horse fighting Cristiano Marcello backstage in Pride FC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pawD9BGPTaU

At some point at the beginning of this year, Kid Khaos claimed the video footage was actually cut and he knocked out Wanderlei Silva after he was choked out. Within hours, Cristiano Marcello made this video which directly addressed Kid Khaos and his allegations. Later that night, Wanderlei Silva went on a Twitter rampage (twitterage?) and vehemently denied that he was ever knocked out by Kid Khaos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4itf4OAQOTA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFjkk...layer_embedded

NOW KRAZY HORSE RESPONDS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pql8...layer_embedded

------------------------------------------------------

JUST RANDOM BUT .. ARIZONA STATES RANKED NO1 AT THE NCAA DIV1 TOURNAMENT IN HIS WEIGHT

Anthony Robles - an inspiring story, he's the one-legged wrestler who can't be told no. Robles was born with one leg, but hasn't let physical impairment get in his way. His seeding at number one comes with some controversy, but he nevertheless had an unfefeated season at Arizona State University and is something akin to the people's champ.

Arizona State senior Anthony Robles is seeded No. 1 in the 125-pound class at the NCAA Division I wrestling tournament. He aims to finish No. 1. He's never been daunted by the fact he was born with one leg.

"I plan on going all out. I'm going to be throwing the kitchen sink and everything else out there with it," Robles said Wednesday.

Robles, 22, who started wrestling as a high school freshman in Mesa, Ariz., and won two state titles, is well known to NCAA tournament fans. They gave him standing ovations after performances that earned him All-America status the past two seasons.

He will take a 31-0 record into the tournament Thursday through Saturday at the Wells Fargo CenTER

YouTube - NCAA Wrestling National Championships Division 1 Anthony Robles vs. Matt McDonough (Full Match)

------------------------------------------------------

DALEY INTERVIEW

Do you think you’ve got enough time to prepare for someone as dangerous as Nick Diaz?
                              Well first I wasn’t going to take it because I wanted some downtime after this training camp but my team spoke about it and we’re confident that we’ve got a good game for this fight and this is the right decision for us.
                              I’m going to smash him, take his belt then I can take all the time off I want.

There were situations outside of your control that contributed to the weigh in situation at BAMMA but are you confident that you can hit the 170 mark at Strikeforce?

Yeah the BAMMA situation was pretty messed up because the hotel had locked the Sauna off and that situation made it pretty impossible. In the end I only missed it by 0.4lbs and with a sauna that would have come off pretty easily.

There’s no downtime so I don’t have to do as big a cut so I’m very confident that Strikeforce won’t be a problem.

Do you honestly think that Nick Diaz will stand up with you?

There’s no way he’ll stand up with me. He might think he wants to but his coaches won’t allow it; Cesar Gracie’s a great coach and he won’t want him trading punches.

What holes do you see in Nick Diaz’s game that you can exploit?

His boxing and his lack of wrestling. I’m a better athlete than he is. He’s a really dangerous grappler but he’s got to get in close enough to make it work and I’m not going to give him the chance.

-------------------------------------------------------

YouTube - The Story of The Sengoku King (Miami Hustle Prequel By Genghis Con)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

After reading this article, you will be awarded with the 'Highly Touted Newcomer' card to be placed in your back pocket. You can redeem this card at anytime, preferably in the midst of a late-night conversation about MMA. When this card is redeemed, people will instantly drop their beverage of choice and stand in awe at your MMA knowledge. You don't even have to credit us. Just pretend like you knew about Derek Brunson before you read this MiddleEasy article. We really don't care. Either way, you will be one of these. Derek Brunson is a three-time All-American wrestler hailing from The University of North Carolina. He has finished all of his fights in the first round, and usually through some incredibly violent knockout. In fact, the longest he's ever been in the cage is 2:27 and if you add the total time in all of his six fights, it only comes to a little bit over six minutes. According to his Twitter account, Derek will be making his Strikeforce debut on an April 1st Strikeforce Challengers card against one of those mysterious TBD/TBA guys.

Derek Brunson auditioned for The Ultimate Fighter and for some insanely complex reason, he was not selected to participate in the show. It's alright though, we still have his TUF audition reel and now it's time you check it out.

YouTube - Derek Brunson . Official TUF audition film

=---------------------------------------------------------------

A place called The Center in Oklahoma is now nestled comfortably inside a Wal-Mart, which essentially means you can work on your sprawl while your mother's holiday pictures are being developed in the photography department. While The Center has multiple locations across the country, it appears that their El Reno, Oklahoma establishment is the first mixed martial arts gym that is housed entirely inside of a Wal-Mart. If you're in the area, you can try a class out for free with a promise that 'you'll want to be a member forever'. Here are a few pictures of the establishment via The UG. Let's just hope these guys are using Dollamur Mats.

--------------------------------------------------

YouTube - MiddleEasy.com | Fabricio Werdum says he's only going to fight for 2-3 more years

---------------------------------------------------------------

There's an embargo on this MMA Supremacy news, but I'm leaking it out early to you guys in an attempt to bring you the news first, and to put MiddleEasy in a potential lawsuit. IGN ran a story on MMA Supremacy being the first videogame to feature women's MMA (something that I knew over a month ago), but they don't quite have the content that we're presenting to you guys. Felice Herrig and Michele Gutierrez will be featured in the game and most likely beating every morsel of facial recognition out of each other. After we interviewed Felice Herrig nearly two years ago, she told us to throw away her number and never call her again. Apparently she thought we were stalkers and that our interviewer, Noel, sounded just a little bit 'too creepy'. We were stuck in Biloxi, Mississippi at the time to watch a newcomer to MMA called 'Bobby Lashley' take on 'the biggest challenge of his career', Bob Sapp. Later that night, we accidentally dialed her up and just stayed quiet as Felice repeatedly said 'Hello?' over the phone. In retrospect, we really should have taken her advice and trashed her phone number. Ah well, at least we can occasionally stalk Felice on her Twitter account.

Check out these exclusive screen shots of Felice Herrig and Michele Gutierrez tearing it up in a digital world along with a video of them playing their digital representations in the real world. My god this simulacrum...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ03Q...layer_embedded

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVEREEM ON FEDOR

I have said it many times, M-1 is doing everything to get attention and they know they only get media attention if they say stupid things so they will demand crazy things to get there voice out there. I’ve always said that I will do my test like every other fighter. I honestly believe that Fedor lost the fight because of ‘bad’ karma. I’ve heard stories what M-1 did to their own staff and what they are demanding. They used Fedor to get what they want. What goes around comes around and that’s Fedor losing. I seriously like Fedor and I had mixed feelings when he lost. On the one hand I wanted to see Fedor in the semi finals but on the other hand I’m happy so M-1 is not co-promoting any event where I will be fighting in."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ANOTHER LASHLEY INTERVIEW

PRO MMA NOW: Rumor has it that your contract with Strikeforce was up and you chose not to resign. Can you talk about why you and Strikeforce parted ways and clear up any rumors that might be out there?

BOBBY LASHLEY: "It was basically that. I think Coker is a great guy and I think that he has a great organization. The last card was incredible. It was a great fight show. I have no bad words to Strikeforce or Coker. I think he is great. I just felt the need to just get away from that relationship for whatever reasons and start over and build myself back up. I’ve been talking with Joe Kelly and he has been an incredible person to talk with and an incredible person to work with and I see his vision with his organization and I just want to be a part of it. Then having an opportunity to be able to fight in Kansas and really build back up and get ready I think it was just the right fit for me."

PRO MMA NOW: Could you ever see yourself fighting with Strikeforce sometime in the future?

BOBBY LASHLEY: "I don’t know about that."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

ANOTHER DALEY ON DIAZ INTERVIEW

“I think his boxing is phenomenal. He’s a great striker and he’s a guy that comes to fight. It was a great display of that in that fight. He was fighting with Cyborg standing up, Cyborg took him down, and he carried on fighting and submitted him. As a fighter, Nick Diaz is phenomenal.”

“Although he’s fought a lot of guys standing up, he’s not fought me. I don’t mean to be arrogant and I don’t mean to continue piping on about it, but I’m a whole different animal when it comes to the stand-up game and I’ve continued to get better.

“I don’t do it for publicity when I say his expiry date’s going to be up, that’s genuinely how I feel. I think the build-up could be interesting. I think if Diaz lets his mouth flow away with him, I think it could be quite entertaining.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by AJ; 03-23-2011, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME ufc in the moment with jones show that aired last week, from jones perspective

YouTube - UFC In the Moment: Jon Jones - Full Episode

YouTube - UFC Fighter Jon Jones Pro Debut in MMA

---------------------------------------------------------------------

YouTube - Phil Davis Mistaken For Jon Jones LMFAO

---------------------------------------------------------

rashad on jon nones

""I mean it's one thing to say something in an interview but the least you could have picked up the phone and been like, "man I did an interview today and they kind of put me on the spot with a rough question and I answered it this way." At least give me the heads up so that way I know and not look at it if he's Judas or something. You know who Judas is? That interview was some backstabbing s**t but now it's like whatever because now I know the game he is playing. Then for Greg to sit back and say he doesn't want to have anything to do with it....why not? You f**kn created the situation. Be his coach and be in his corner. That's what you want so do it. I don't care if coaches against me. It doesn't even matter."

"Greg brought this situation about. He brought Jones on board a while back against my wishes are here we are today. I decided to leave (Jackson’s MMA) because I felt like he didn’t have my best interest anymore. Greg is not the same coach he used to be.”

-------------------------------------------------------------

cro cop waasnt allowed to bring a japanese flag into the cage

YouTube - Mirko Cro Cop UFC 128 Entrance

-----------------------------------------------------

YouTube - Junior dos Santos - Showtime Kick

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YouTube - Lyoto Machida: Wrap Up From Belem

----------------------------------------------

jon jones on being remembered

"“I think being remembered for standing for something is a lot more important than just for a cool move that you did. Right now I’m standing up for Christ, and if I find something that I’m passionate about as I learn more about myself and the world, I definitely want to step up and help. Being great is one thing, but being remembered is another thing. To be great, magnificent and remembered, you have to stand for something and change the world in a way. I want to change the world. Ali stood up for the Muslims and for not going to war and he made an impact. People don’t remember Bruce Lee as “that Asian guy.” No one cares that Bruce Lee was Asian, they love him all over the world, and I want to have that same impact. I don’t want me being African-American to ever play a difference in anyone’s mind. I don’t want anyone saying ‘I like that black fighter.’ I want people to love me because of me. I’d rather be known as that Christian fighter or that peaceful fighter or that fighter that’s spreading positivity and kindness and confidence and way more than tactics. It’s important.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YouTube - Anderson Silva talks George St. Pierre, Jon Jones win over Shogun, & the UFC in Brazil

-------------------------------------------

NINJA on his brothers loss

"Yes, I was very surprised with (Jones’) game, Shogun trained a lot, Jones was able to neutralize my brother’s game, I think he studied Shogun’s game a lot, so congrats to him. Shogun now needs to go back to Brazil and analyze the fight, see what went wrong in the fight and go from there, ball forward."

"I think (Jones) has a brilliant future ahead of him, he’s a very young athlete, but in this weight class I think it’s very hard… people don’t seem to be able to keep the title for more than one fight. Everyone wins and then loses the belt so it’s a very tough weight class and there are a lot of great fighters, so we’ll see, he’s a young guy and will stay strong going forward, but Shogun will be able to make a strong come back, for sure."

"I think (what went wrong during the fight) was that the very first strikes Jones landed on Shogun, that knee and the head kick, may have taken his gas away."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Some 400 hopefuls turned out today at the Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott in Newark, N.J., to audition for the 14th season of "The Ultimate Fighter."

Seen in the crowd were a few familiar faces: UFC vet Din Thomas, who appeared on the show's fourth season, and WEC vets Wagnney Fabiano, Micah Miller and Ian McCall.

"The Ultimate Fighter 14," which begins production this summer and debuts in the fall on Spike TV, is expected to feature bantamweight and/or featherweight fighters. It's the first time the reality show has featured competitors in the UFC's lightest weight classes.

Although not confirmed by the promotion, bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber are believed to be frontrunners to coach the show. UFC president Dana White confirmed this past weekend following UFC 128 that the two bantamweights are set to meet sometime this year, though he stopped short of confirming the bout as the traditional season-ending fight between "TUF" coaches.

In what's become a customary part of the reality show's tryouts, lines ran long and time ran short for fighters to show their stuff. Each hopeful had a couple of minutes – tops – to grapple and strike before White, UFC matchmaker Joe Silva, and officials from Spike TV.

But there was added incentive to impress, at least during the grappling portion of the tryout: a cash bonus. White plunked down a stack of $100 bills at his table and offered a C-note to anyone who earned a tapout.

"I didn't have a chance to tap (someone)," said 39-year-old bantamweight Alexis Villa, a former Olympic wrestler from Cuba who now resides with American Top Team in Coconut Creek, Fla. "You only have two minutes that you can do it. But I controlled the position the whole time. I was controlling the guy."

Vila had made it through the initial tryouts and was waiting for the interview portion of the audition.

"He's probably on paper the No. 1 guy here," said Ron Foster, a former matchmaker for Shine Fights who now works with STARS MMA and ML Management. "The guy's a monster."

With his thick Cuban accent, Vila is a prime candidate for subtitles.

26-year-old featherweight Josh Tyler, a former Golden Gloves champion and wrestler at Old Dominion University, was still waiting to get in the room.

"I guess with being a fighter and competitor, I feel like everywhere I go, I find myself sizing people up," he said. "I don't know if that's because I'm 145 and a little guy and that's just what us little fellas do.

"You can get a pretty good idea of people and where they are – not so much their ******d appearance, but their attitude. The look in their eyes. I think you can tell a lot from that. There's so many people out there that will surprise you."

Pablo Alfonso, a 28-year-old bantamweight, was certainly shocked when he grappled for White and the remainder of the judging panel. His partner was 177 pounds and normally competed at lightweight.

"I tried to entertain Dana," Alfonso said. "They didn't call my name. But you know what? I'm motivated right now. I want to continue fighting and prove them wrong."

----------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by MikeWolf, Yesterday, 11:13 PM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post MikeWolf  
                                Started by makailyn85, 05-21-2019, 09:12 PM