1956 Post/One Year Shoutout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1956 Post/One Year Shoutout

Hey, has anyone noticed? I've been on the board for a full year now. When I first started out, well, for those of you who remember, I think you know the situation there. Needless to say, I got better, I improved, and once my 200+ video library on YouTube got shut down, I came over here and posted regularly. The first experience I had with torrents was a link somebody gave me to download SNES games. Since then, I haven't looked back. I wasn't really a fan of ROH until about June of this year, and I found myself hooked. Incidentally, right around the time I had just gotten into Ring of Honor, I saw a WWE PPV, Unforgiven. What a pile of slop that was. Anyway, I saw every TNA PPV this year up to Genesis (which I said I would watch, and then changed my mind) and have since given up on the promotion. I knew a bit about wrestling before I came on board here, but posting here has infected my brain with wrestling radiation and now I'm a zombie slave for the four sided ring. Grr...must watch Danielson...then eat flesh....

So, here's a quick shout-out to all the people on this board who made my experience...well, different. If I left you off this list, it's either because I forgot about you or that you're a jackass.

Balzter- without whom the Bryan Danielson Fan Club would become financially unstable.
    Mush- who is much smarter than he appears.
    Helmz- who is too busy recording albums to write too much on the board! Jack Evans is god, yes I know.
    Millcity- even though he's not around anymore, I always wondered how he was able to post so many links all at once...
    dimshady- Hey, you know what? Not everyone in England is a wanker.
    Ains99- who was a fan of my youtube account and who followed me over once I started uploading things.
    mastameezy- It's so nice to download things from a website and then seed it on a torrent. If you hadn't kept PM'ing me, I might have forgot about all the frogs I used to catch as a kid.
    Koniving Kon- have I spelled your screen name right? I can't remember. But you're an ROH fan in the making, if you're not already.
    Metaphysical- a new fan to the board, but it's so refreshing to see a WWE fan who doesn't have brain damage.
    Kid Ka$h- who has the best screen name ever, after one of my favorite wrestlers.
    larreelarr- even though your post count is much less than mine, it's nice to see that you can think for yourself. How many wrestling fans can I say that about?
    Skinny B- who ran a great prediction thread in the sports forum, and popped in here to make WWE threads. I don't think I ever found out where you stand, though.
    Steve--O- who is taking too long on his website for wrestling videos? I am not really sure...
    revdaalkoholik- who is going to be waiting a long-ass time for his Ric Flair set to be uploaded....oh wait! (has idea).
    Jaydawg555- who always reps me for things I post in the board, but never posts himself! Silly lurker!
    Arizona Cardinals 8-6 (NFC West Champions)
    A good politician is quite as unthinkable as an honest burglar. -H.L. Mencken

Damn, I just became active and I'm already mentioned. Right on.

Comment

Originally posted by Metaphysical View Post
      Damn, I just became active and I'm already mentioned. Right on.
      Yeah, I always enjoy debating with someone who disagrees with me and doesn't insult me while doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by damagedude View Post
        Yeah, I always enjoy debating with someone who disagrees with me and doesn't insult me while doing so.
        I can't agree more. I think that's a big problem with a lot of people on message boards these days. They have a difference in opinion and automatically think the opposition is a liar or some kind of retard for it.

Comment

lol congrats......what do you mean by "I don't think I ever found out where you stand, though?"
          Super Bowl XLI Champions

Indianapolis Colts

XBox Live Tag:
          GlazedJasonMask

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny B View Post
            lol congrats......what do you mean by "I don't think I ever found out where you stand, though?"
            As far as the whole WWE/TNA/ROH debate we keep having. You're clearly intelligent, but you post WWE threads. So I am not sure which one you like the best.

Comment

Congrats. I've been absent from the wrestling board for awhile, might pick back up once I start watching wrestling again. Again, congrats.

Comment

I can't agree more. I think that's a big problem with a lot of people on message boards these days. They have a difference in opinion and automatically think the opposition is a liar or some kind of retard for it.
                ESPECIALLY ON HERE!!
                September 2, 2010
                Comerica Park
                Recovery

Comment

Originally posted by bigjim69247 View Post
                  Congrats. I've been absent from the wrestling board for awhile, might pick back up once I start watching wrestling again. Again, congrats.
                  Thanks....

Hopefully Petrino will get the Dolphins in shape.

Comment

Petrino doesn't coach the Fins, Cameron does. Petrino coached the Falcons now. It's ok, you're an Arizona fan, lmao. Again, congrats dude.

Comment

congrats, and remember Bryan Danielson is in fact the best wrestler in the world and that ROH 4 Life.

when u get facts wrong and suck Vince McMahons dick in the progress THEN ur a retard yes

Comment

Originally posted by V4D3R View Post
                        ESPECIALLY ON HERE!!
                        Well then again there are people who make stupid posts, particularly like the one I quoted. No offense, but it contributes nothing.

Comment

well the first thing i can recall watching was nwa, with gordon solie as the broadcaster. then it became wcw in 1988 and i finally got bored of it and switched to wwe/f right before wrestlemania 6....guess it was the hogan vs. warrior fued that got me to switch. i was 100% wwe fan till wcw started showing nitro and i became 50/50 flipping back and forth between shows. i didnt even know about ecw till it almost filed for bankruptcy. i went over to a buddies house for an ecw ppv and was hooked on that till he went out of business. lol back in high school i was voted "most likely to become a professional wrestler." (we had almost 1000 kids in my class too) i was a huge wrestling nut.

nowadays i dont really get into wrestling as much. i havent been to a live show for almost 10 years. i still keep up with everything going on in wwe, but i can only watch about 20-30 minutes of raw.....its just garbage now. so to answer the question where i stand.......well all i really watch now is tna and wwe ppvs. i prefer tna's wrestling and fan atmosphere over wwe, but wwe's storylines, wrestlers (gimmicks), and entertainment are above tna. if i wasnt a wwe fan since 1990 or so, i would probably only watch tna.
                          Last edited by Skinny B; 02-01-2007, 08:23 PM.
                          Super Bowl XLI Champions

Indianapolis Colts

XBox Live Tag:
                          GlazedJasonMask

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny B View Post
                            well the first thing i can recall watching was nwa, with gordon solie as the broadcaster. then it became wcw in 1988 and i finally got bored of it and switched to wwe/f right before wrestlemania 6....guess it was the hogan vs. warrior fued that got me to switch. i was 100% wwe fan till wcw started showing nitro and i became 50/50 flipping back and forth between shows. i didnt even know about ecw till it almost filed for bankruptcy. i went over to a buddies house for an ecw ppv and was hooked on that till he went out of business. lol back in high school i was voted "most likely to become a professional wrestler." (we had almost 1000 kids in my class too) i was a huge wrestling nut.

nowadays i dont really get into wrestling as much. i havent been to a live show for almost 10 years. i still keep up with everything going on in wwe, but i can only watch about 20-30 minutes of raw.....its just garbage now. so to answer the question where i stand.......well all i really watch now is tna and wwe ppvs. i prefer tna's wrestling and fan atmosphere over wwe, but wwe's storylines, wrestlers (gimmicks), and entertainment are above tna. if i wasnt a wwe fan since 1990 or so, i would probably only watch tna.

It's funny....I got hooked on WCW Nitro, then I watched WWF RAW...then I found TNA Impact on FSN and really liked what they were doing for a while...but now I'm into ROH. Every two or three years, it seems like I get into a different company.

Comment

Originally posted by damagedude View Post

Koniving Kon- have I spelled your screen name right? I can't remember. But you're an ROH fan in the making, if you're not already.!
                              Yes sir, that is true. I have 3 ROH DVDs shipping my way, should be here anytime now. Ordered them earlier this week with a bit of Balzter's advice, so should be good.

Congrats on the 1 year, I always plan on doin shout out posts but then never do cuz I'm too lazy..I was gonna do one for 2000 and even started to make the list, but then I just said fuck it..But I'ma do one sooon damnit.

and [email protected] your comment about jaydawg, he's done that once or twice for me too. I always think"aight, i'ma rep him back when i get the chance" but I never see him post in here.
                              Last edited by Kon; 02-01-2007, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, 10-14-2020, 10:23 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Nancystarkman  
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 10:31 AM
                              4 responses