This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Is The Better All Round Promotion

I thought i would start a thread that allowed people to rate their all time favourite promotions from the ultimate main stream to the down low underground promotions that nobody heard of this is the place to firstly vote which is your favourite and then give a short review of each promotion you check out on a regular basis. Also you can include old promotions in this that are no longer around too.
    World Wrestling Entertainment
    56.00%
    Total Nonstop Action
    12.00%
    Ring Of Honor
    28.00%
    Pro Wrestling Guerilla
    0.00%
    Combat Zone Wrestling
    4.00%
    IWA: Mid South
    0.00%
    Wrestling Society X
    0.00%
    Full Impact Pro
    0.00%
    Jersey All Pro Wrestling
    0.00%
    Frontier Wrestling Alliance
    0.00%
    The Facebook

£10 Balzter votes ROH lol
    The Facebook

Comment

ROH...
      Last edited by ThankMeLater; 02-16-2007, 02:49 PM.
      you can thank me now...

Comment

Wwe
        " Whats the matter?"

Comment

ROH, and i'm not a dick-rider, but i think it's valid. ROH provides great athleticism, exciting entertainment, and variation... unlike other promotions. Don't get me wrong, i don't particularly hate any promotion, but ROH is far better balanced than any other out there. WWE evaluates it's talent on sales and size, it focuses too much of it's time on storylines and gimmicks and pushes wrestlers who are bigger and more impressive looking rather than athletically gifted or talented in the ring. Again, TNA in my opinion does a little better by pushing those who are good in the ring, although they still play a lot of politics (Steiner, Jarrett, Sting) which often pushes back more deserving talent. They also are falling into the cycle of incorporating more gimmick matches, and adding monikers to wrestlers who don't need them (Aries). Like i said, ROH is well balanced. It handles storylines well, building them up steadily, and keeping them fresh unlike the aforementioned. When they use gimmicks, they don't undermine the intelligence of their fans, and often make it over-the-top to highlight the fact gimmicks are simply just that (Delirious) and they shouldn't be over-justified with stupid far-blown storylines, back-storys and such. As far as athleticism and talent, they're unmatched... Overall, what's most important is that Ring Of Honor listens to the fans. They were built by the crowd-reaction, respect that, and feed back off of them. The height of interaction is excellent, from DVD titles, news updates, storyline discussion, card-builds, who's pushed, who's held back, who's booked...

They're the wrestling-fan's wrestling-promotion
          Last edited by MusH; 02-14-2007, 03:49 PM.

aMuse'd

You have to understand...
          Everything I did, I did for the island.

Comment

wwe

Comment

World Wrestling Entertainment, flat out.

Comment

Wwe

Comment

wwe

vince mcmahon's company has been around before any of us were born,and because of there resume/experience and just the name wwe itself brings a sold-out crowd
                  歐陽靖

Comment

i cant believe there is "BEST ALL AROUND" in the question and people picking the WWE, absolutely crazy.

Originally posted by MusH™ View Post
                    ROH, and i'm not a dick-rider, but i think it's valid. ROH provides great athleticism, exciting entertainment, and variation... unlike other promotions. Don't get me wrong, i don't particularly hate any promotion, but ROH is far better balanced than any other out there. WWE evaluates it's talent on sales and size, it focuses too much of it's time on storylines and gimmicks and pushes wrestlers who are bigger and more impressive looking rather than athletically gifted or talented in the ring. Again, TNA in my opinion does a little better by pushing those who are good in the ring, although they still play a lot of politics (Steiner, Jarrett, Sting) which often pushes back more deserving talent. They also are falling into the cycle of incorporating more gimmick matches, and adding monikers to wrestlers who don't need them (Aries). Like i said, ROH is well balanced. It handles storylines well, building them up steadily, and keeping them fresh unlike the aforementioned. When they use gimmicks, they don't undermine the intelligence of their fans, and often make it over-the-top to highlight the fact gimmicks are simply just that (Delirious) and they shouldn't be over-justified with stupid far-blown storylines, back-storys and such. As far as athleticism and talent, they're unmatched... Overall, what's most important is that Ring Of Honor listens to the fans. They were built by the crowd-reaction, respect that, and feed back off of them. The height of interaction is excellent, from DVD titles, news updates, storyline discussion, card-builds, who's pushed, who's held back, who's booked...

They're the wrestling-fan's wrestling-promotion
                    ^this is not an opinion, its fact and truth.

Comment

You can't compare WWE/TNA/WSX to other indy promotions like ROH. ROH is not on TV in the United States, so they have more freedom to work with by selling their events on DVD.

TNA has some good wrestlers, but their TV show is a joke. I also don't like WSX much, seems like an ECW rip-off. WWE has A LOT of problems, but they have the best product hands down.

Comment

Five years ago, I would of said WWE. Two years ago, I would have said TNA. Now, I say ROH. The reason for this is that ROH has been consistent and effective with what they are doing in the ring, and the biggest selling point for me with ROH is that they build their own talent. They don't sign talent from elsewhere and give them big pushes, like TNA does. That is basically saying that, even though TNA has an anti-WWE attitude, the WWE workers are better and more trustworthy, which makes TNA seem hypocritical at this point. While I do like the X-Division, and I like Jerry Lynn, they have far too many negatives to make me want to watch.

By August of this year, Ring of Honor will have been to England twice, and Japan once. TNA has a hard time doing shows outside of Orlando, let alone another country. The WWE can put on a show anywhere in the world, but Vince McMahon needs to step away from the business, let Shane and/or Steph run things behind the scenes and on-camera, as it seems like Vince is stuck in 1985 sometimes. ROH used to have this saying when they first started out: we don't imitate, we innovate. It's even more true now than ever. The thing I like best about ROH is you don't have to pay your money for a PPV in advance when you don't even know if it's good or not. Since it's DVD's, you can read a review on it, you can hear what other people have had to say, and then you can make your choice that way. Pay-per-views are a thing of the past for wrestling, and it seems like a new way needs to be found for them to make a profit. ROH has the right idea with what they're doing. TNA and the WWE...not so much...

As far as the other ones, PWG could be good, they push their own guys and don't pay through the nose for a wrestler from another promotion who might not be around forever to be champion, but they don't take themselves seriously. They seem to be patient as far as that goes, however, and it doesn't seem to matter to them if they are beating the world in DVD sales or not. WSX could be good, they need to do less explosions. I haven't watched CZW, and the Frontier Wrestling Alliance? It's a well-run promotion, but there isn't enough of a talent base in England. I can only see so many matches from Doug Williams, Jody Fleisch and Jonny Storm before I start wanting to see something else.

To summarize, the best wrestling is not on television. Don't kid yourself into thinking you're going to see a match of the year simply by turning on your television at the proper time. In fact, most wrestling fans would do better to turn their televisions off. There is nothing there that you cannot get through a torrent, and with a torrent, you don't have to sit through all those damn brainless commercials. The technology of the wrestling industry has outpaced its methodology, and the ones who can't adapt are the ones who will suffer in the long run. Ring of Honor, from what I have seen, will not be one of the ones who suffers.
                        Arizona Cardinals 8-6 (NFC West Champions)
                        A good politician is quite as unthinkable as an honest burglar. -H.L. Mencken

Comment

ROH mush and damage said it all

but yo damage about england you gotta check out Pac he'll be debuting for ROH in the UK doubleshot against Matt Sydal and Roderick Strong

also i think James Thige is a good talent but yeah thats about it for the uk aside from the guys we already know
                          ROH - 5th Year Festival Dayton & Chicago
                          ROH - 5th Year Festival Liverpool
                          ROH - 5th Year Festival Finale

Comment

Originally posted by Balzter View Post
                            i cant believe there is "BEST ALL AROUND" in the question and people picking the WWE, absolutely crazy.
                            I'm thinking all together, not just recently or whatever..and overall since WWE has been around much longer and in the (almost) 10 years I've been watching, they've given me more entertainment/good wrestling than anyone else..

Comment

So let me get this straight: The ROH fans get exactly what they want, eh? So if the ROH fans wanted midgets to wrestle naked in jello with war paint on their bodies and have hair like Howard Stern, ROH would give it to them?

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 12:50 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Deborahlanker  
                              Started by basketballeven, Yesterday, 02:33 AM
                              1 response