Could I have been right? Never!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could I have been right? Never!!

-- Vince McMahon has had less personal interaction with the creative team in recent weeks. This of course has been greatly frustrating to the team because they are working without an established direction. With the draft coming up, even the writers don't know who's going where -- it's that secretive. Additionally, the creative team weren't told about Undertaker's absence until the addition of the stipulation the week before. They weren't given any details on the situation. Vince simply told them to come up with ideas on how to write him out.

-- A closed-door meeting was held last week between the road agents and the creative team. We don't have any details from it, but afterwards, the road agents were said to be down on how much time is devoted to skits on Raw that don't really build to anything, and that there isn't enough time devoted to wrestling matches.

the raw ratings are in also........and they dropped from last week. vince cant even bribe people to watch raw with money.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Indianapolis Colts

XBox Live Tag:
    GlazedJasonMask

Comment

What exactly are you proclaiming yourself "right" about? I don't remember any threads about "Vince McMahon has little input to the creative team". Or were you talking about the "too many skits" part?

I direct you to the words "WE DON'T HAVE ANY DETAILS". Notice how this if followed up by details on how unhappy everyone is? This is exactly the type of shit that the internet wrestling community gets going for. Complete speculation that's been reported as fact. Terrible.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't ratings meaningless in every other discussion about anything? Watch what happens now: ROH has LESS fans than WWE and therefore LESS people watch it. Therefore, what?

Comment

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz here we go again.
        Super Bowl XLI Champions

Indianapolis Colts

XBox Live Tag:
        GlazedJasonMask

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny B View Post
          zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz here we go again.

Orlando Magic 52-30
          "If you don't think we're a good team, that's fine."
          - Stan Van Gundy
          Originally posted by madski11z
          Bynum > Howard ..close thread

Comment

Honestly, let's see how you guys react when I say something as retarded as "Vince bribes police to stop competitors from running shows". In my world, people that insane instantly lose credibility forever. On the internet, it's the gold fucking standard.

We have no details, now here are the details!!!!!!!

Don't disagree with my fantasies. It's reality now! Here we go again!!!!!!!!

EDIT - I guess what I'm asking is when did it get to the point that the people who question insanity are somehow the problem and not, ya know, the guy who's actually insane. - EDIT
            Last edited by The Un-American; 06-11-2008, 05:52 PM.

Comment

I dont care about the ratings, not only do I never even check them anymore...I never mention them anyway, Skinny did :D

I did mention numerous times though, that the WWE needs to do more wrestling and go back to having simpler storylines and feuds that make more sense. I've complained how RAW is a good hype show but doesn't have enough (any) wresting on their show, which for the WWE is going a step forward and then going 2 steps back with advancing their product. Skinny if you have aim logs check our conversation where I sent you the total amount of time "wrestled" on RAW, it was like 30 minutes one week when its a 2 hour show, thats 25%...it needs to be closer to 50%. And then THE ACTUAL creative team for RAW complains about the same shit, YES they didn't have details from the closed door meeting but they did have reaction and comments from them AFTER, how is it speculation? Is it so hard to believe, not for me, shits obvious as hell...all you have to do is tune in on Monday Night @ 9pm. The news info was got on the internet, where else I'm I supposed to find it? Wrestling E.T.? TMZ Wrestling?

As for the Undertaker, the WWE is a huge wrestling company...they need to know what they are doing, months in advance, especially with one of their world title. The Undertaker is over, hes above over...so why didnt they have Edge beat him at Mania and get Edge even more over. Instead they have Taker win the title FOR THE SECOND year in a row and then they strip him of the title for no reason, and then Edge wins the vacant title and in the process Taker has to leave. Way to make your title look worthless.

Did I mention ROH in this thread? I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Balzter View Post
                I did mention numerous times though, that the WWE needs to do more wrestling and go back to having simpler storylines and feuds that make more sense. I've complained how RAW is a good hype show but doesn't have enough (any) wresting on their show, which for the WWE is going a step forward and then going 2 steps back with advancing their product. Skinny if you have aim logs check our conversation where I sent you the total amount of time "wrestled" on RAW, it was like 30 minutes one week when its a 2 hour show, thats 25%...it needs to be closer to 50%.
                Did you factor commercials into your equation? No, you didn't. Because 30 minutes is certainly not 25% of the shows. It's probably closer to 30-35%. Which doesn't reach the goal YOU'VE set but is still higher than the number you've convinced yourself it is. This is the kind of DELIBERATE distortions that you see all the time from internet wrestling fans with an axe to grind.
                And then THE ACTUAL creative team for RAW complains about the same shit, YES they didn't have details from the closed door meeting but they did have reaction and comments from them AFTER, how is it speculation?
                There's nothing I see there that is anything more than speculation. "We don't have any details but afterwards the road agents WERE SAID TO BE......" no point even continuing to read after that. I could tell someone right now that "Balzter has homosexual feelings regarding Barack Obama". Does that suddenly become fact because YOU WERE SAID TO BE? No, of course not.
                Is it so hard to believe, not for me, shits obvious as hell...all you have to do is tune in on Monday Night @ 9pm. The news info was got on the internet, where else I'm I supposed to find it? Wrestling E.T.? TMZ Wrestling?
                I didn't say it was impossible to believe, I simply said it was unsubstantiated RUMORS that you've decided to take as fact because they coincide with your point of view. You feel like there's not enough wrestling on the show, so when a scrap of information that MAY be the same as your point comes out you feel like your vindicated? That's a BIT crazy.
                As for the Undertaker, the WWE is a huge wrestling company...they need to know what they are doing, months in advance, especially with one of their world title. The Undertaker is over, hes above over...so why didnt they have Edge beat him at Mania and get Edge even more over. Instead they have Taker win the title FOR THE SECOND year in a row and then they strip him of the title for no reason, and then Edge wins the vacant title and in the process Taker has to leave. Way to make your title look worthless.
                How much time do you need to come up with an angle to cover him leaving? A month? SIX months?

Comment

Commercials or not, its still not enough...apparently the creative team agree as well. a bunch of 3 minutes matches doesn't cut it. and commercials are part of the show, you work around them...so its still 25%. You know that commercials will take a chunk of your show, so you should technically give the wrestling on the show top priority.

Cause its so HARD to believe that the creative team could feel that way, you talk a lot of fantasy worlds but I think you created your own fantasy world regarding the WWE...

Coincidence? Nahhh not really sorry. What scrap of information should I wait for? Vince McMahon or one of the WWE employees to actually tell us some truth about the "backstage WWE", maybe a press conference or something lol...ya could you hold your breath on that for me.

How much time?
                  -More then a week?
                  -Enough time for the creative team to write out their most important figure (the champion) out of the show and rewrite all the other angles or plans that were in motion.
                  -Enough time for the biggest and most popular wrestling company in the world...

Comment

does un-american even watch wwe? or any wrestling for that matter?
                    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Indianapolis Colts

XBox Live Tag:
                    GlazedJasonMask

Comment

No.

Source: JRsBarBQ.com

Jim Ross is back with another blog post, which you can read here in its entirety. Some highlights:

Short Matches on RAW: "I am not surprised that I often read reports that WWE live event matches are very well received by the paying customers who are in attendance because when TV time restrictions are not a factor the majority of the wrestlers have a much better opportunity in having a fun and exciting presentation than not. Way back in the day, most TV bouts, especially when I was a kid, were all a 10 minute time limit (remember time limits?), which was the reason given for the faster pace on TV as opposed to live events. Nonetheless I still don’t know who can enjoy a 2-3 minute match or who it helps over the long haul."
                      Who's Jim Ross?

Comment

So why is the Undertaker out? Anyone have any info?
                        Kid Cudi
                        =
                        The Future

Comment

You guys are fucked in the skull. You people literally say you don't watch WWE yet you come in here telling me that I don't watch it and THEN calling me a mark for it.

Crack rock is fucking wonderful, obviously.

All I'm saying is that speculation is not fact. Jim Ross is a real person with a real quote attributed to him.

What Balzter is "right" about, TELLS YOU that it's speculation and based on NO DETAILS AT ALL.

Do you REALLY not understand the difference? How can you possibly argue with this?

I didn't say ANY of this wasn't possible or true or anything. I simply said that speculation is not factual. So why you are posting what JR has to say is totally beyond me.

"Personally, I am for longer match times and to see if some of the younger, talented individuals who have been developing, some for quite some time, can add to the mix and provide a "fresh feel" to the presentation. The announcers are talking less, which I have zero issues with quite honestly as it is television and not radio, but one could also make a case that the televised, talking segments could be more succinct as well. One man’s opinion."

Notice how there's an actual person making a point here? Sorry to keep hammering this home, but god damn.

Comment

Commercials or not, its still not enough...apparently the creative team agree as well. a bunch of 3 minutes matches doesn't cut it. and commercials are part of the show, you work around them...so its still 25%. You know that commercials will take a chunk of your show, so you should technically give the wrestling on the show top priority.
                            I think you'll find that that 30 minutes is NOT 25% of 90 minutes. I'm not saying you can't feel this way because I don't give a shit. But math is math forever.
                            Cause its so HARD to believe that the creative team could feel that way, you talk a lot of fantasy worlds but I think you created your own fantasy world regarding the WWE...
                            Are you reading what is typed to you? I just said it isn't hard to believe, but just because I can envision something that doesn't mean that it's true. Refer to my previous example:

It has been said that Balzter has a homosexual attraction to Barack Obama.

I can SEE you being gay and therefore, this is true. REGARDLESS of the fact that there's literally NO substantiated information there. Figure shit out.
                            Coincidence? Nahhh not really sorry. What scrap of information should I wait for? Vince McMahon or one of the WWE employees to actually tell us some truth about the "backstage WWE", maybe a press conference or something lol...ya could you hold your breath on that for me.
                            I didn't say it was a coincidence. It's the exact opposite of a coincidence. You wouldn't be posting a thread if information came out about Vince giving money to orphans because it doesn't fit in with what you already figure you know. You pick and choose the shit you want to believe because it paints the picture you already have in your mind.
                            How much time?
                            -More then a week?
                            -Enough time for the creative team to write out their most important figure (the champion) out of the show and rewrite all the other angles or plans that were in motion.
                            -Enough time for the biggest and most popular wrestling company in the world...
                            So you have no ACTUAL time frame, you just KNOW you need more than a week? Get the fuck outta here.

But I wonder something, are they working with long term plans or are they flying by night? On one hand, you post "news" that there is no long term plans. Then when you need to take the opposite position, the long term plans need to be changed up.

I think it's pretty clear you don't even stop to read what you write or what anyone else write back to you.

Comment

Skinny asked that question because you only post when I make a thread and you never have anything to say wrestling to say.

...and I was right, EVERY time I said the WWE needs more wrestling you came to the WWE's rescue with how they do "their thing" and they "dont need to change" anything,...and blablaisuckwwwecockblabla. By the way, when did I say I don't watch the WWE, I don't watch all 5 hours every week but I watch enough, too much actually...unlike you I wouldn't comment on the WWE if I didn't watch it (hint: YOU:ROH). Anyway, I'm gonna go snort some coke and then watch some top quality WWE programming.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Bynarden, Today, 05:09 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bynarden  
                              Started by Gornawil, 06-08-2021, 02:04 PM
                              2 responses