Dear TNA...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear TNA...

So I woke up this morning, turn on the TV and TNA Impact was playing on Spike. What do I see in the middle of the ring? Booker T holding the TNA title...

I don't watch that promotion much but how do they expect to one day compete vs WWE if all they do is use ''has-been'' characters from their rival promotion?

I watched it for about an hour and guess what I saw? Kurt Angle and the Dudleyz wearing Sting masks and Scott Steiner winning a match. I'm not saying that all these guys are out of potential BUT, how can anyone really gain their own identification if all they do is wait for WWE to drop a wrestler and quickly pick him up to push him over their home grown talent?

I don't watch ROH but at least, when I think about that promotion, the top wrestlers that comes to my mind are people like Danielson or McGuiness which are true products of their federation.
    Montreal Canadiens

kurt angle > *

Comment

Kurt Angle is the best
      you can thank me now...

Comment

Kurt Angle is good, but i agree with the push your "own" stars thing. They have some good young stars in TNA.
        D!M-SHADY
        RIP PROOF

Comment

here here mr burgandy

Comment

completely agree with you man. i feel the same way about tna.

Comment

Originally posted by N-EIGHT View Post
              Kurt Angle is the best
              Kurt Angle is great, but when I think about him, he's still a WWE face to me. Same for Sting, he'll remain a WCW character in my eyes no matter how long he fights for TNA.

I'm trying to think of ONE main performer in TNA that was built from the ground by their company and I can't.
              Montreal Canadiens

Comment

blacc machismo is ill gawd

Comment

No one can get over in TNA because of Jeff Jarrett's gigantic ego. I don't know if this will mean the company is going to go out of business, but I do know that it keeps me from watching every week.
                  Arizona Cardinals 8-6 (NFC West Champions)
                  A good politician is quite as unthinkable as an honest burglar. -H.L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
                    So I woke up this morning, turn on the TV and TNA Impact was playing on Spike. What do I see in the middle of the ring? Booker T holding the TNA title...
                    I don't watch that promotion much but how do they expect to one day compete vs WWE if all they do is use ''has-been'' characters from their rival promotion?
                    I watched it for about an hour and guess what I saw? Kurt Angle and the Dudleyz wearing Sting masks and Scott Steiner winning a match. I'm not saying that all these guys are out of potential BUT, how can anyone really gain their own identification if all they do is wait for WWE to drop a wrestler and quickly pick him up to push him over their home grown talent?
                    I don't watch ROH but at least, when I think about that promotion, the top wrestlers that comes to my mind are people like Danielson or McGuiness which are true products of their federation.

Well you're absolutely right.

The WWE has always made their own "stars", they have made successes out of already established wrestlers but thats because the opportunity was there so they really picked the cream of the crop (Y2J, Eddie, Big Show, Rey, etc). But in the end, they never go out looking for the easy way to make a star, which has worked for them (worked hardcore).

But TNA did well for the first 3 years and then did a 180 on their way of thinking, AJ Styles should of been the guy by now that represented TNA. AMW should of been kept together and used to build the tag division. Instead they have become a promotion that waits to long to pull the trigger on Samoa Joe, then they give him the title when its too late and when he doesn't "fulfill" the desires of the TNA management of what a champion should look and pull in with ratings...so now hes not champion anymore, ah well. TNA will still get new fans and slowly build in the ratings though nonetheless, to me their a waste of a really good thing.

First thing that really got me into ROH was the fact they had no desire of playing around with washed up nostalgia, they wanted to build their own image and names...and look it, it worked so damn well. ROH has never ever peaked over to the student next to them to look at the answers, they have their own answers and do things their way. Thats what TNA should of continued doing after 2005.

Comment

tna was awesome a couple years ago. but as soon as they started recruiting all the wwe rejects and put them over, it went downhill. they sacrified their own talent for stars who are has beens and way over paid.

Comment

Technically, Samoa Joe is still the TNA Heavyweight Champion. But I guess no one saw Victory Road (not that that's a bad thing), otherwise you'd know why Booker T was parading around with the belt.
                        The Myth of Chopper City Suit

"Chuck Norris once tried to put on a Chopper Suit. Scientists think that this may have caused the big bang."

Comment

^
                          so booker isnt actually champ? that succs either way cuz its TNA

Comment

Hey, my clique and I are total TNA fans, but even we know where it's downfalls are. That creative writing is just so off, it's almost unbearable to watch any storyline unfold. The company's just lucky to have the talented roster that it has. It's the only thing that's kept us watching, unlike a certain major wrestling organization that's sucked for years now.
                            The Myth of Chopper City Suit

"Chuck Norris once tried to put on a Chopper Suit. Scientists think that this may have caused the big bang."

Comment

TNA isnt bad cause they cant be good, they bad cause they are doing things the wrong way hence they are bad...if only they had the right people showing them the path, they would be awesome.

by the way R-izzy, ROH will be down in Florida in a few months you should go see one of their shows.

October 10th: http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/Article.aspx?id=1848
                              October 11th: http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/Article.aspx?id=1618

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by berricerry, Today, 11:19 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post berricerry  
                              Started by maxgrowplusuk, 03-03-2021, 11:43 PM
                              17 responses