WWE Officially Announces The Departure Of Ric Flair From The Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWE Officially Announces The Departure Of Ric Flair From The Company

WWE.com has officially confirmed Ric Flair's departure from the company. Here is the statement they released:

Flair and WWE Part Ways
    Written: August 3, 2008

WWE and Hall of Famer Ric Flair have mutually agreed to contractually part ways. After an extraordinary career Ric has chosen to pursue opportunities outside of WWE.
    According to a number of independent promoters, they were told today by representatives of Ric Flair that he has decided to part ways with World Wrestling Entertainment and that he is now available to take independent bookings.

The split is said to be an amicable parting of the ways related to the company not allowing him to take outside offers he wanted to accept. Over the past few months, Flair has been forced to back out of a number of previously scheduled outside bookings because WWE didn't approve of them.
    About fucking time, the shackles are off!!

bout time..he was dead weight anyway.

I Love Music.
    King of the AVE, with the DEF FEMALE

Follow Me..twitter.com/im_classic
    Jesus loves chainsaws, He'll cut you open something HOLY.
    I hate a Yankee

Comment

LOL @ the victims mentality that creates statements like "he was FORCED to back out of appearances" and "the shackles are off".

I mean, a guy signs a contract, then must honor that contract and it's somehow a BAD thing?

Comment

fucc off

Comment

Originally posted by Bleed View Post
          bout time..he was dead weight anyway.
          what a joke, that dead weight singlehandedly made this years Wrestlemania worthwhile, what do you think people wanted to watch that shit for? Edge/Taker? Triple Threat Boredom? Big Show/Mayweather? Give me a break, they pimped that dead weight for BIG FUCKING BUCKS...and pimped him the next night for ratings and pimping him right now with his DVD.

Originally posted by The Un-American View Post
          LOL @ the victims mentality that creates statements like "he was FORCED to back out of appearances" and "the shackles are off".
          I mean, a guy signs a contract, then must honor that contract and it's somehow a BAD thing?
          Honor his contract? his contract probably stated a few things...cannot compete in the ring for any other promotion, cannot appear on PPV for any other promotion, cannot appear on a nationally released DVD...do you think it mentions, cannot make an appearance for an obscure indy promotion? of course it doesn't!!!

the WWE themselves told one promotion that was interested that "it" would happen and not to worry, then at the last minute they inform Flair that the appearance isnt happening...so obviously it isn't in his contract that he can't appear for another promotions. well obviously it doesnt, you see WWE wrestlers show up for other small promotions for whatever reason, sometimes to even wrestle.

THEREFORE, they were forcing him to cancel these appearances that were in his right to take and then the WWE was making absurd excuses/explanations. so does it mean that by Ric Flair accepting these appearances that he was breaching his contract? Again no. Its doubtful that after 35 years the guy was unable to understand a wrestling contract.

Instead of treating him like an equal, they treated him like a sideshow act...no respect at all. The guy can't even attend the HOF of the promotion that he became great in, its disrespectful and greedy for the WWE to want to keep Ric Flair to themselves. The guy is a living legend and epitomy of what every wrestler strives to be, and they treat him like a cash cow.

Ric Flair HONORED his contract.

The Un-American, you are undoubtedly the biggest ass kissing WWE mark that has ever stepped in this forum.

Comment

You really have a hard time with it when people don't do what you think they should do huh?
            Arizona Cardinals 8-6 (NFC West Champions)
            A good politician is quite as unthinkable as an honest burglar. -H.L. Mencken

Comment

His contract clearly stated that his appearances were at WWE discrertion or he would have just done the bookings. They released him so he could pursue this kinda stuff. I'm a mark for reality. If you sign a contract that says certain things then you honor those things and don't cry.

Are you suggesting that after 35 years Ric Flair can understand a contact, but he CAN'T say "Fuck you" when the other party attempts to breach that contract? Obviously you are.

I mean, why not just do the bookings if he's not in breach by doing them?

Comment

damn r. i. p.

Comment

good
                  GO CUBS

I make rappers cry, onions
                  You can't walk in my shoes, bunions

Comment

gr8

Comment

finally, i hope he appears on ROH to cut a promo or something sometime in the future, or perhaps a straight shooting dvd =]
                      you can thank me now...

Comment

Originally posted by The Un-American View Post
                        His contract clearly stated that his appearances were at WWE discrertion or he would have just done the bookings. They released him so he could pursue this kinda stuff. I'm a mark for reality. If you sign a contract that says certain things then you honor those things and don't cry.
                        Are you suggesting that after 35 years Ric Flair can understand a contact, but he CAN'T say "Fuck you" when the other party attempts to breach that contract? Obviously you are.
                        I mean, why not just do the bookings if he's not in breach by doing them?
                        Yes, he was allowed to take outside bookings but obviously the WWE has the right to cancel those bookings, and the WWE decided, like the greedy fucks they are, to pull him out of those bookings...why? Well just because they can, they are greedy. And yes Flair honored the contract, he has no choice really. So Ric Flair left, do you blame him? They don't respect him, they just used him to make even more money.

By the way, Flair WAS allowed to have outside bookings...proved by the fact that a promotion was trying to book him and the WWE told them that they would give the green light IN TIME...the promotion was just waiting for the confirmation and then got screwed. So there was no breaching, just the WWE being assholes.

"why not just do the bookings if he's not in breach by doing them?"
                        Because it was in his right to take the bookings, they THEN afterwards told him they didnt want him doing it, THEREFORE if he would of went ahead with it...that would be some kind of breaching, more like disobeying the WWE.

You know whats sad, that you take the WWE's side over everything, even Ric Flair...because youre such a WWE mark, they cant do wrong in your eyes.

Originally posted by N-EIGHT View Post
                        finally, i hope he appears on ROH to cut a promo or something sometime in the future, or perhaps a straight shooting dvd =]
                        Its going to happen. How many phone calls is Flair getting today...tons for sure. One of those I hope is ROH. They were inches away from getting Flair to show up at the 8/2 Hammerstein Ballroom event and have Kenta Kobashi fly down, and have them shake hands in the middle of the ring, NOAH wanted it as well. But just take a guess why that didnt work out.

The shackles are OFF, wrestling fans rejoice.
                        Hopefully I dont have to see Flair call HHH the best wrestler alive ever again.

Comment

^^ Yo..how do you have a giant avy? your not a vet...right?...
                          Trust me nobody is touching me..

Comment

im a vet at heart thats why

been a member for 4 years and been reading since 2001...its just politics, don't ask.

Comment

^thats SO not fair ^
                              歐陽靖

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Lurker07, 02-22-2011, 04:44 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes