• Show
Clear All

• ROH ''8th Anniversary Show'' ~ New York, NY on February 13th ~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWHS5mPLsWc&feature=sub

New York, NY- ''8th Anniversary Show'' February 13th
    Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ring Of Honor
    February 13th, 2010- 7:30 pm belltime
    Manhattan Center (Grand Ballroom- 7th Floor)
    311 West 34th St.
    New York, NY 10001
    (212) 279-7740

Tickets are available at www.rohwrestling.com, www.tickets.com, or by calling (215) 781-2500.

The legendary Jim Cornette will be in attendance for a special FREE Meet & Greet session with the fans from 6:30-7:30.

Brian Kendrick will take part in a special meet & greet autograph session prior to the event!!!

ROH World Title Match- There WILL Be A Winner
    Austin Aries defends vs. Tyler Black
    *There will be three judges at ringside who will determine the winner if the match ends in a draw. The judges will be Roderick Strong, Kenny King, & Jim Cornette

World Tag Team Title Match
    Jay & Mark Briscoe defend vs. The Dark City Fight Club

First Time In ROH
    Roderick Strong vs. Brian Kendrick

Special Challenge Match
    El Generico vs. Davey Richards with Shane Hagadorn

Special Challenge Match #2
    The Human Tornado vs. Steve Corino

Grudge Tag Team Match
    Necro Butcher & Eddie Kingston vs. Erick Stevens & Joey Ryan with Prince Nana

Four Corner Survival- Pick 6 Series Match
    (3) Chris Hero vs. Rasche Brown vs. Delirious (4) Kenny King

Colt Cabana Will Confront Kevin Steen!!!

Grudge Match Signed For NYC!
    Monday, February 01, 2010

For several months The Necro Butcher has been a target of The Embassy, with Nana’s efforts to destroy Butcher escalating after he decimated Jimmy Rave in their Dog Collar Match at “Final Countdown: Chicago”. The tensions between the Embassy and The King of the Deathmatch reached a whole new level during Episode 42 of “ROH on HDNet” when Erick Stevens joined the Embassy and blasted Necro across the skull with a steel chair. At “Boiling Point” a match pitting Necro & Mark Briscoe against Stevens & Joey Ryan went to a No Contest as the two teams brawled with one another.

At “Reverse The Curse”, Erick Stevens’ mission to remove Butcher from ROH continued as their singles match ended in a DQ after Stevens again took a steel chair to the head of Necro. Unfortunately the weather prevented Necro from gaining his revenge at “Final Battle 2009” as Delirious’ partner against Nana’s monster combination of Stevens & Bison Smith. That vengeance had to be delayed until ROH returned to Philly for “ROH on HDNet” TV tapings in early January, and on that night two separate paths converged.

Several weeks prior, Eddie Kingston had been attacked in the locker room by person or persons unknown, and it was assumed by all that Chris Hero was the assailant. Hero’s insistence that he had nothing to do with it fell on deaf ears, and then after the Kings of Wrestling reformed at “Final Battle 2009”, Claudio Castagnoli fell under suspicion as well. So it was in Philadelphia, as you will see TONIGHT on HDNet, that Kingston confronted both Prince Nana and Shane Hagadorn about the suspected actions of their clients. Both men staunchly refused the KoW involvement, but it was Nana that offered to introduce the men who were responsible: Erick Stevens and Joey Ryan.

The Embassy duo assaulted Kingston for several minutes until Necro Butcher came down to even the odds against the unit responsible for his last several months of hell. And as you will see in coming weeks, Kingston returned the favor when The Embassy assaulted Necro in the parking lot.

Just this past weekend in Los Angeles, the war continued as Necro defeated Stevens in an “Anything Goes” match that went all across the building, and ultimately ended when Joey Ryan’s interference backfired, allowing Butcher to get the win. Following the match, the Embassy assaulted Necro, leaving him for dead.

Now Kingston & Necro have laid out the challenge for The Embassy to come meet them in New York City on February 13th as part of the “8th Anniversary Show”. Nana’s response, “Didn’t you get enough of my monster in that Sunshine State, you Butcher? You have not learned not to mess with The Embassy, huh? Then we will meet you in that rotten stinking Apple and we will destroy you and that street vermin Kingston. Then we will celebrate like only The Embassy knows how to celebrate! Champagne, shrimp cocktail, and a perfect world with no more BUMS like that Necro Butcher or Kingston!”

There you have it: Necro Butcher & Eddie Kingston will meet The Embassy of Joey Ryan & Erick Stevens at the “8th Anniversary Show”! But will there be a stipulation? ROH officials are mulling over that option as we speak, and we’ll have news on that as we move closer. Get your tickets now at www.rohwrestling.com!

The Fight Comes To NYC
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The first time that Kory Chavis and Jon Davis had any interaction with the Briscoes was at “A Cut Above” when the Dark City Fight Club dueled with the unlikely combination of Jay Briscoe & Kevin Steen (El Generico and Mark Briscoe were out injured at the hands of the American Wolves). The combo of former tag champs was victorious that night, but it sparked something within the men hailing from “The Dark City”.

Prior to that meeting, the DCFC had put in dominating performances at the “ROH on HDNet” TV tapings but that loss seemed to affect them. They lost to The Young Bucks on Episode 25, and followed that by getting eliminated during the Honor Rumble on Episode 28 by The Briscoes, thus losing their opportunity for a shot at the ROH World Tag Titles. The winners of that title shot: The Briscoes.

On Episode 32, Jay & Mark went to battle with The Bucks for the first time in ROH, and just as things were getting really heated, The Dark City Fight Club stuck their noses in the match, causing a No Contest ruling as the battled with both teams. The Briscoes and The DCFC would meet on Episode 36 but the match quickly got out of control and ended in a Double DQ as the two teams brawled. The DCFC’s frustration grew as they dropped a rematch with The Young Bucks at “Final Countdown: Chicago” but they quickly bounced back with impressive victories at “FC: Boston” and “Glory by Honor VIII”.

An angrier than usual DCFC came to Chicago at the “Reverse The Curse” event, looking to take the heads off of the boys from Delaware, but wound up on the losing end of that intense rematch. Davis and Chavis spent the holidays stewing over that loss, their bitterness only compounded by the fans selecting The American Wolves to face The Young Bucks on HDNet instead of the Fight Club.

So by the time Chavis and Davis came to Philadelphia, they were ready for violence. As just seen this past Monday on HDNet, in the first opportunity they got, they unleashed that rage on Jay and Mark Briscoe as well as The Wolves. And as the ROH faithful will see in a few weeks on HDNet, The DCFC channeled that anger into a decisive victory over former ROH World Tag Team Champions, Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards, the Fight Club’s biggest win during their ROH tenure.

Now they want more. They want the Briscoes one more time, and they want the ROH World Tag Team Titles. And they want it all now. The Briscoes, never ones to back down from a fight, had this to say: “Fight Club wants to fight?” said Jay, “They wanna live up to their name? They wanna get in the Briscoe boys’ faces every chance they get? Then bring yer ass to New York City, come celebrate this birthday with an ass-whuppin’ like you boys ain’t never had. And when we’re done, The Kings of Wrestling are next. Man up Dark City…we dare ya.”

With that said, it will be The Briscoes vs. The Dark City Fight Club one more time in New York City! February 13, 2010, ROH’s “8th Anniversary Show”, tickets are on sale now! Can the warriors from Dark City build that huge win over the Wolves into championship glory? Could the boys from Delaware be looking past the DCFC to the KoW? Be there and find out!
    Richards vs. Generico: The Rematch
    Thursday, January 21, 2010

On the same night where his former partner and his close friend confront one another, El Generico will be faced with a test of the highest level. ROH officials have put together a rematch from episode 20 of “ROH on HDNet”: El Generico vs. Davey Richards. It’s a battle of two former ROH World Tag Team Champions. It’s a battle of two men who are very familiar with one another after nearly a year of war over those belts. And it’s a battle of two men returning to New York City where they experienced life-changing events. Generico lost his best friend and partner, while Richards lost the championship that he fought tooth and nail with Eddie Edwards to win, and then keep. Strangely enough, since that loss and Edwards’ return from a hellacious arm injury, there has been some tension between the Wolves, most notably at the recent TV tapings in January where the Wolves lost two straight matches, the first time in recent history where that has happened.

With Edwards heading off to Japan for a solo tour of Pro Wrestling NOAH, and Generico now seemingly standing alone, fate brings these two men together again. Sources intimated to ROHWrestling.com that “a match against Richards could be the exact thing Generico needs to bring him back to his senses.” The feeling is that competition on the level of Richards will bring the best out of Generico and force him to dig deep and bring him out of the depression he’s wallowed in since “Final Battle 2009”. Richards, on the other hand, quickly dismissed the notion that he’ll help Generico in any shape or form.

“If you think I’m going to be the guy to bring skinny boy out of his funk,” said Richards, “then you got it dead wrong. I’m the guy that beats people into depression, that leaves them broken spirited, that makes them question their career choice. El Generico is going to regret signing for this match…you can trust me on that.”

When Richards was asked about the supposed tension between he and Eddie Edwards, Richards was also dismissive, “People see things and talk nonsense, such is life. Struggle is a part of the hunt; it’s what makes the kill so rewarding. There is no tension between the Wolves.”

El Generico, as expected, offered no comment on the match or his situation with Kevin Steen. One thing, however, is for sure: February 13, 2010 is going to be a huge day for Ring of Honor’s beloved masked man, whether he wants to talk about it or not.

It’s Richards versus Generico, 8th Anniversary Show, 2/13/10! Get your tickets now at www.rohwrestling.com.
    The Man in the Middle
    Thursday, January 14, 2010

Besides Kevin Steen and El Generico, there have been two other men greatly affected by the rift between the former ROH World Tag Champions. Those men are Steve Corino and Colt Cabana. And while Corino seems to have played a part in Steen’s rationale for breaking away from El Generico, it would be Colt Cabana who is truly stuck in the middle. Pulled in two directions due to his friendship with both men, “Boom Boom” has found himself trying to play the middle man, psychologist, and even architect – as he’s found himself trying to rebuild burned bridges.

Unfortunately, as evidenced in Colt’s first attempt to communicate with Steen (http://www.you tube.com/watch?v=tIIpe8izix4), it doesn’t seem there’s much desire on Mr. Wrestling’s part to reconnect with Generico. And in exclusive footage from Final Battle just released this morning (http://www.you tube.com/watch?v=0BX3pUvFPYY), it seems as far as Steen is concerned that part of his life is over, and Mr. Wrestling is “reborn”. And as you will see in the next ROH Videowire, Steen doesn’t even want to mention his former partners’ name. Over the course of time since the events of Final Battle and more so last weekend in Philadelphia, Cabana attempted to talk to Steen multiple times with no success and ultimately focused his attention on helping Generico try to get out of his funk. Adding to the issue is Steve Corino’s public jab at Cabana, warning him to be “very careful who he stands up for”.

With all of this frustration mounting; and with no resolution is sight, Cabana contacted ROH officials earlier this week with a simple request for Ring of Honor’s return to Midtown Manhattan on February 13th for the “8th Anniversary Show”: The chance to publicly confront Kevin Steen about what happened at Final Battle.

“I’ve tried and tried and tried to get into Kevin’s head since last month,” Cabana told ROHWrestling.com. “It’s a scary place right now though, and I’m not getting anywhere. I want my friends to get back on track, to fix whatever’s wrong, but Kev refuses to talk about it. Maybe if I get him in front of the people at the ‘scene of the crime’ and really push him, maybe we all can talk some sense into him. I’ve tried everything else, maybe this is the kind of thing that Kev needs to get his head right.”

Early on Tuesday, Steen refused to comment on Cabana’s request, but contacted ROHWrestling.com today with a reply. When asked for his thoughts on the matter Kevin Steen said, “Tell Cabana I’ll meet him in New York, but on one condition. If I’m going to meet him, it’s going to be with Steve Corino by my side.” Cabana, while not happy with this demand, has agreed to it in order to try and make progress with Steen. The other variable is El Generico, who as of press time continues to decline comment on the situation.

Colt Cabana will confront Kevin Steen face-to-face on 2/13/10 in NYC! Can “Boom Boom” and the fans talk sense into Mr. Wrestling? What will Corino have to say about it? Will El Generico make a statement? Get your tickets now to see if this situation somehow gets resolved in The Big Apple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KceiQmbaQ7Y&feature=sub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSSaTd5PMtg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohr1pQpSBfw&feature=sub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6wgU5rRYRg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BX3p...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gAHPt66MMs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOIF2CCSpwU

Last edited by Balzter; 02-05-2010, 05:57 PM.

R-O-what?

Comment

HONOR.

for the past six years, the best wrestling promotion in the U.S.

you should check them out? www.rohwrestling.com, twitter.com/ROHonHdNet, www.facebook.com/ringofhonor, http://www.myspace.com/ringofhonor.

Comment

even TNA is bettter than this garbage bro

Comment

dude, you're not a wrestling, bro.

Comment

ys i am

i like batista, shawn mochales, HHH, desmonde wolfe, kurt angle, the pope and ric flair WOOOOOOO

Comment

A true wrestling fan respects ROH.

Comment

shut the fuck up

Comment

You must be part of the retardo fanbase who finds joy in watching generic kiddy WWE shit. Kill yourself.

Comment

deal

Comment

Originally posted by Cryptic View Post
                      You must be part of the retardo fanbase who finds joy in watching generic kiddy WWE shit. Kill yourself.
                      I respect ROH and whatnot and sometimes, well almost all of the time rag on the promotion, but no matter how much of it I've watched I just can't get into it like you guys do. I have always been a fan of WWF/WWE and probably always will and nothing is going to change that. But apparently me liking WWE makes me a part of a "retardo fanbase" but with a description like "retardo fanbase" makes you "retardo", my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Metaphysical View Post
                        I respect ROH and whatnot and sometimes, well almost all of the time rag on the promotion, but no matter how much of it I've watched I just can't get into it like you guys do. I have always been a fan of WWF/WWE and probably always will and nothing is going to change that. But apparently me liking WWE makes me a part of a "retardo fanbase" but with a description like "retardo fanbase" makes you "retardo", my friend.
                        he says that because the product has become so stale with the goal of being directed to kids and making money, with the product taking a considerable downfall in quality. its very hard for anyone to take that seriously and consider people that watch the WWE these days as "wrestling" fans.

i am as much of a WWE fan as you, I mean I started by watching the WWE and I still do, but I also have no problem watching something else and enjoying it, which seems to be the case of somebody like you and others. the WWE seems to have desensitized you guys to anything that is ACTUALLY pro wrestling if it does not meet the standards of the "sports entertainment" universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Balzter View Post
                          he says that because the product has become so stale with the goal of being directed to kids and making money, with the product taking a considerable downfall in quality. its very hard for anyone to take that seriously and consider people that watch the WWE these days as "wrestling" fans.
                          i am as much of a WWE fan as you, I mean I started by watching the WWE and I still do, but I also have no problem watching something else and enjoying it, which seems to be the case of somebody like you and others. the WWE seems to have desensitized you guys to anything that is ACTUALLY pro wrestling if it does not meet the standards of the "sports entertainment" universe.
                          It's not even that at all. What's wrong with someone liking WWE's product? Jesus you're fucking ridiculous. You're always saying that there is better wrestling out there. Okay, good for you for feeling this way. I like WWE's product and I'm satisfied with what the company does.

Comment

I'm sorry I do not enjoy Hornswoggle, or D-X, or Sheamus, etc.

You don't appreciate actual pro wrestling, you never have I think, which is why you enjoy the current WWE product...AND THAT'S FINE.

Comment

hornsowggle is fuckin funny brah

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by basketballeven, Today, 10:11 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes