HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The latest decrepit/obsolete veteran to TNA is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The latest decrepit/obsolete veteran to TNA is...

Sources: Mediaweek, PWInsider.com

-- According to honkytonkman.net, former WWE Superstar The Honky Tonk Man is close to signing a deal with TNA.

"Honky Tonk Man is very close to signing with TNA! HTM has been in contact with TNA since early December," reads a note from the webmaster.
    LOL. All I can say is wow.

this is now beyond a sad joke

Comment

TNA so stupid... All these guys need jobs so of course they're going to sign..
      Oh Shit FREE
      Recovery on Amazon
      I'm On Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by iSquidgey View Post
        this is now beyond a sad joke
        I'm seriously beginning to wonder if Hogan went to TNA to sabotage it. There are some changes that I like, for example the four-sided ring returning, AJ is now the main focus of TNA and guys like Morgan and Hernandez are finally getting some love. But, it's beginning to look a lot like WCW with all of these returning faces. The problem is, none of these returning faces other than Ric Flair and Hogan have any steam whatsoever. The Nasty's, Hall and Pac, and now The Honky Tonk Man shouldn't be there at all.

TNA's change was supposed to be a good thing and now it's seeming like they're just going backwards, way backwards. They can however redeem themselves by taking the following steps:

- Get a LIVE weekly show every week. Taping four weeks of iMPACT in advance is just plain stupid when you're on TV. Do what WWE does with SmackDown, film earlier in the week and air later in the week. That way, every week when the ratings come in they can see what segments are working based on viewership by taking note on how many views they're gaining and losing per segment and change it right then and there and be ready for TV that week.

- Get out of Orlando for TV/PPV tapings more often. Every week it seems like it's the same fans in the audience. I also read that TNA is planning on putting a halt to house shows. Granted this will save the company money but it could hurt them in the long run by not getting that additional exposure.

- More media appearances by top talent. The main guys like Hogan, Styles, Joe and Flair could be doing a lot more than what they are to get more exposure. Around PPV time, raise awareness by getting on late shows or even an early show like Regis and Kelly.

- STOP bringing in past faces. Morley was okay to me. I like the addition of Mr. Anderson. But seriously? The Nasty Boys? Honky Tonk Man? Possibly more to come?

- PLEASE more new faces. I won't take anything away from certain people as far as ability goes. But when you have smaller wrestlers with no personality, it's obvious which weight division will get the attention. Treat all of the talent equally and give everyone some personality because basically, you could have a roster FULL of super-talented people like Sabin and Shelly, Generation Me and Amazing Red but at the end of the day are they as marketable as guys like Matt Morgan, Abyss or Samoa Joe?

Edit: As TNA will hopefully bring in fresh faces, push the established stars ahead. They did this with Generation Me and now Morgan and Hernandez are champions. But in my opinion, the best pound for pound tag team in TNA is getting shit on right now. The team with the best natural ability, the team with the best look, the team with the most originality, etc. I'm talking about Beer Money. What's happened to them?

I fully believe what Hogan is trying to do is recreate the early 90's version of WCW and it's not working. They've only got a slight increase in a ratings rise from weekly 1.2's to weekly 1.3's when WWE is doing what many are calling stale programming and busting out 3.6's and 3.7's every week for Raw. If you're going to bring in past faces, bring in someone with name value to today's fans and actually spend the good money to get guys like The Rock, Bret Hart, JBL, and even Booker T. These guys are the closest thing to TNA what guys like Hogan and Savage were to WCW in the early 90's. These are people that still have face value these days. It's almost as if Hogan said to himself "These guys are my friends, let's bring in Honky and the Nasty's because they're cool." but little does he know, he's reaching too far in the barrel and has hit the bottom.
        Last edited by Metaphysical; 01-26-2010, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Starting to look like WCW? Its always had the WCW feel. The show is film on the old WCW studio lot.
          Oh Shit FREE
          Recovery on Amazon
          I'm On Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Metaphysical View Post
            I'm seriously beginning to wonder if Hogan went to TNA to sabotage it. There are some changes that I like, for example the four-sided ring returning, AJ is now the main focus of TNA and guys like Morgan and Hernandez are finally getting some love. But, it's beginning to look a lot like WCW with all of these returning faces. The problem is, none of these returning faces other than Ric Flair and Hogan have any steam whatsoever. The Nasty's, Hall and Pac, and now The Honky Tonk Man shouldn't be there at all.

TNA's change was supposed to be a good thing and now it's seeming like they're just going backwards, way backwards. They can however redeem themselves by taking the following steps:

- Get a LIVE weekly show every week. Taping four weeks of iMPACT in advance is just plain stupid when you're on TV. Do what WWE does with SmackDown, film earlier in the week and air later in the week. That way, every week when the ratings come in they can see what segments are working based on viewership by taking note on how many views they're gaining and losing per segment and change it right then and there and be ready for TV that week.

- Get out of Orlando for TV/PPV tapings more often. Every week it seems like it's the same fans in the audience. I also read that TNA is planning on putting a halt to house shows. Granted this will save the company money but it could hurt them in the long run by not getting that additional exposure.

- More media appearances by top talent. The main guys like Hogan, Styles, Joe and Flair could be doing a lot more than what they are to get more exposure. Around PPV time, raise awareness by getting on late shows or even an early show like Regis and Kelly.

- STOP bringing in past faces. Morley was okay to me. I like the addition of Mr. Anderson. But seriously? The Nasty Boys? Honky Tonk Man? Possibly more to come?

- PLEASE more new faces. I won't take anything away from certain people as far as ability goes. But when you have smaller wrestlers with no personality, it's obvious which weight division will get the attention. Treat all of the talent equally and give everyone some personality because basically, you could have a roster FULL of super-talented people like Sabin and Shelly, Generation Me and Amazing Red but at the end of the day are they as marketable as guys like Matt Morgan, Abyss or Samoa Joe?

Edit: As TNA will hopefully bring in fresh faces, push the established stars ahead. They did this with Generation Me and now Morgan and Hernandez are champions. But in my opinion, the best pound for pound tag team in TNA is getting shit on right now. The team with the best natural ability, the team with the best look, the team with the most originality, etc. I'm talking about Beer Money. What's happened to them?

I fully believe what Hogan is trying to do is recreate the early 90's version of WCW and it's not working. They've only got a slight increase in a ratings rise from weekly 1.2's to weekly 1.3's when WWE is doing what many are calling stale programming and busting out 3.6's and 3.7's every week for Raw. If you're going to bring in past faces, bring in someone with name value to today's fans and actually spend the good money to get guys like The Rock, Bret Hart, JBL, and even Booker T. These guys are the closest thing to TNA what guys like Hogan and Savage were to WCW in the early 90's. These are people that still have face value these days. It's almost as if Hogan said to himself "These guys are my friends, let's bring in Honky and the Nasty's because they're cool." but little does he know, he's reaching too far in the barrel and has hit the bottom.
            yea pretty much correct.
            like i posted last week in one of the threads...the first 3 weeks of the "new" TNA, just a disaster trainwreck.

i was joking with someone on here how Vince must be paying Hogan to sabotage TNA, because that's what it looks like he's doing when he should be saving TNA. I had my initial doubts when the Hogan/Bischoff news broke but they have exceeded doubts, its worse then I thought but in the end, I am going to soak it all in because all the fail is a good laugh.

TNA didn't need Hogan and Bischoffs to come in and start changing everything, they were fine in all aspects, they need them to get EXPOSURE. The logical thing to happen starting on Jan 4th was for the young stars to become the main feature and focus. Instead Hogan didn't even try to pretend like he was bringing all his friends, he thinks the fans are stupid or Hogan is so out of loop that he doesn't know how to elevate a promotion....AND Dixie Carter doesn't know the first thing about pro wrestling if she let all this happen and is going to stand around praising the crap.

Nasty Boys? What a freaking joke. They had MCMG and Beer Money take a back seat to the motherfucking NASTY BOYS!!! It's nothing else then a slap in the face, some of these guys must have common sense and realize that its bad news, the shit talk that must be going around backstage.

Orlando Jordan...nobody knows the guy, yet they have him beat The Pope (only shining hope they have) in a short TV match...its a burial for what? Orlando Jordan????

Bubba The Love Sponge, is nothing more than an idiot and because of him they may have lost 2 Divas, all in a span of a month. The guy doesn't even get fired NOT TO MENTION, he is by far the worst on air character I have ever seen, this Jan 4th segments were so bad...but he's Hogan's friend, bet that helps moral backstage.

Ken "Mr. Kennedy" Anderson, I want to know whos the imbecile who came up with the slogan "this acquisition will change the face of TNA forever" bullshit. They have done this so many times, and the acquisition always fails to deliver on this statement, and Mr. Kennedy not to hate on him, his only fan is SkinnyB In reality, he didn't accomplish anything in the WWE and his popularity comes from his "act" but overall the guy like I feared, cannot hang in TNA, he has WWE wrestling skills. His debut will be forgotten by next month and his impact will not be felt AT ALL. The last acquisitions that TNA hyped were; TAZ and LASHLEY, hmmm.
            Last edited by Balzter; 01-27-2010, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Balzter View Post
              yea pretty much correct.
              like i posted last week in one of the threads...the first 3 weeks of the "new" TNA, just a disaster trainwreck.
              i was joking with someone on here how Vince must be paying Hogan to sabotage TNA, because that's what it looks like he's doing when he should be saving TNA. I had my initial doubts when the Hogan/Bischoff news broke but they have exceeded doubts, its worse then I thought but in the end, I am going to soak it all in because all the fail is a good laugh.
              TNA didn't need Hogan and Bischoffs to come in and start changing everything, they were fine in all aspects, they need them to get EXPOSURE. The logical thing to happen starting on Jan 4th was for the young stars to become the main feature and focus. Instead Hogan didn't even try to pretend like he was bringing all his friends, he thinks the fans are stupid or Hogan is so out of loop that he doesn't know how to elevate a promotion....AND Dixie Carter doesn't know the first thing about pro wrestling if she let all this happen and is going to stand around praising the crap.
              Nasty Boys? What a freaking joke. They had MCMG and Beer Money take a back seat to the motherfucking NASTY BOYS!!! It's nothing else then a slap in the face, some of these guys must have common sense and realize that its bad news, the shit talk that must be going around backstage.
              Orlando Jordan...nobody knows the guy, yet they have him beat The Pope (only shining hope they have) in a short TV match...its a burial for what? Orlando Jordan????
              Bubba The Love Sponge, is nothing more than an idiot and because of him they may have lost 2 Divas, all in a span of a month. The guy doesn't even get fired NOT TO MENTION, he is by far the worst on air character I have ever seen, this Jan 4th segments were so bad...but he's Hogan's friend, bet that helps moral backstage.
              Ken "Mr. Kennedy" Anderson, I want to know whos the imbecile who came up with the slogan "this acquisition will change the face of TNA forever" bullshit. They have done this so many times, and the acquisition always fails to deliver on this statement, and Mr. Kennedy not to hate on him, his only fan is SkinnyB In reality, he didn't accomplish anything in the WWE and his popularity comes from his "act" but overall the guy like I feared, cannot hang in TNA, he has WWE wrestling skills. His debut will be forgotten by next month and his impact will not be felt AT ALL. The last acquisitions that TNA hyped were; TAZ and LASHLEY, hmmm.
              Is it just me but every "major talent" TNA gets from WWE they hype like this? I like Kennedy/Anderson but I do agree with the points you've made. He, just like anyone else, can adjust to TNA and become a focal point I just think he's far from achieving this.

Comment

TNA never needed more major talent .. esp when the new ones being brought in are washed up..

All they needed was a shake up which they had with hogan , hardy , and flair .. They dont need anyone else .. Instead of paying these has beens , they should have put more money into marketing the product and getting out of the impact. I mean shit , they should have even put the money into getting some of these wrestlers a REAL SONG when they come out , there songs are extremely important cuz its what u know them by, but no they dont even have that ..

Hogan is playing this like its the monday night wars, but its not .. Theres no compitition , you cant stand on a mic and say ur gunna challenge the wwe in a lil ass studio in orlando.. This isnt ecw , it reminded me of it back in the day with the REAL x division , but not anymore .. Its not only about hogan either, its about everyone backstage .. But i at least give them 6 months to a year before i bury them completely
                SAIGON AND BISHOP LAMONT

ARMY OF THE PHARAOHS

JEDI MIND TRICKS

iLL BiLL NECRO ViNNiE PAZ

RECOVERED SEPT 14TH YANKEE STADIUM

NY YANKEES 2011

Comment

TNA shouldn't sign anyone else unless its RVD.
                  download the newest Helmz mixtape...
                  http://www.datpiff.com/Helmz_Benefit...l.m182731.html

tweet @ewhitsHelmz

Comment

Source: Lords of Pain

- A rare title change at a TNA live event happened today in the UK as Rob Terry of The British Invasion defeated Eric Young for the TNA Global Championship. This match likely wasn't taped for TV and there's no word yet on what the reason for the change was.

Okay, YAY! Pointless title change. Rob Terry has what JBL would refer to as a "million dollar body, nickel brain". This title change makes no sense. Isn't Rob Terry a part of World Elite with Eric Young? If Young doesn't get the title back soon, hopefully Terry is only a transitional champion and someone like Samoa Joe or the returning Jeff Hardy wins it.

Edit: RVD would be an excellent acquisition for TNA.

Double Edit (LOL): To further get into my post from last night, if Hogan is going to hire past faces instead of new ones, he absolutely HAS to get guys that are still relevant today. Honky, the Nasty's, Hall and Pac are not relevant. Guys like Booker T, JBL, The Rock, Bret Hart and as Helms pointed out, RVD would all be excellent choices because each of them could all contribute something positive to the product not only with their presence but knowledge of the business and how the wrestling business operates today and not how the business operated in the late 70's-80's. Bring in The Rock to raise a lot of awareness about TNA. Bring in JBL to become the classic heel he was in WWE and the same with Booker, elevate younger talent in the process. Bring in Bret Hart as a manager to someone like Daniels, Matt Morgan or Robert Roode. Bring in RVD for active competition with the X-Division. Put Jeff Hardy's ass to work. Hardy still has a lot to give and can contribute a lot to TNA. Why they haven't capitalized on Jeff's Jan. 4th appearance and pushed him every week on iMPACT is beyond me.
                    Last edited by Metaphysical; 01-27-2010, 12:37 PM.

Comment

yuck, what a joke

Comment

rob terry is cool though

Comment

Originally posted by iSquidgey View Post
                          rob terry is cool though
                          How in the fuck is he cool? The only thing the guy has going for him is his look, that's all. He has zero ring awareness and if I remember correctly, didn't this guy botch a fucking bodyslam not too long ago? I'll refer to Balzter for this one: Does this guy have any, and I mean ANY, wrestling ability whatsoever? Has anyone even heard him on the mic?

Comment

i wish someone would fuckin qoute what i say
                            SAIGON AND BISHOP LAMONT

ARMY OF THE PHARAOHS

JEDI MIND TRICKS

iLL BiLL NECRO ViNNiE PAZ

RECOVERED SEPT 14TH YANKEE STADIUM

NY YANKEES 2011

Comment

Rob Terry!!

in my fantasy booking I wanted to give it to Desmond Wolfe, COMPLETE opposites. hence why TNA is the complete opposite of good wrestling right now.

in regards to RVD, the guy is the smartest out of the bunch...he's watching home laughing at this car wreck.

HERE IS A WORD FROM RVD; he explains why he is staying a free agent,,...

http://www.wrestlereunion.com/a-mess...m-rob-van-dam/

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by WesleyDrake, Today, 11:22 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Franok
                              by Franok

Started by Nancystarkman, Today, 10:59 AM