More on JR/TNA, TNA Confident in 3 Big Signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More on JR/TNA, TNA Confident in 3 Big Signings

I have been able to confirm with 2 separate sources inside TNA that after last night's Impact taping, the buzz backstage is that TNA management is "supremely confident" that the following three names will sign with the company: Jim Ross, Paul Heyman and Tommy Dreamer.

As I asserted in my exclusive post concerning Jim Ross yesterday, these names have NOT signed with TNA, and I am not suggesting that they will, only that the word going around at Impact yesterday is that TNA management feels extremely confident that the 3 aforementioned names will sign with the company.

Here is what I know so far about the three men:

Jim Ross: Yesterday, I was the first to report that JR has in fact met with TNA officials concerning the possibility of working with the company. Jason Powell of ProWrestling.net then updated the situation by saying "The feeling coming out of the meeting was that Ross was not interested in committing to TNA and is looking for work outside pro wrestling if he doesn't strike a new deal with WWE."

Paul Heyman: While Paul Heyman's "Heyman Hustle" website is affiliated with CraveOnline, Paul does NOT communicate with us where Pro Wrestling is concerned and there is no synergy between our two websites other than to promote each others links where it's deemed beneficial. Therefore, I do not know where Paul stands at this point concerning TNA, as he has remained very quiet about pro wrestling since joining the Crave Online team.

Tommy Dreamer: I have been told by several sources that Dreamer wants to work in the creative department of TNA in addition to being an on-air performer. If TNA is willing to agree to those terms, then it is likely Dreamer will sign with the company.

Paul Heyman is exactly what TNA needs. With Russo departing, Heyman can bring a more realistic, entertaining and edgy product to TNA for the fans and do it properly. No more Knockout Lock Box bullshit, no more AJ as Ric Flair, etc. With guys like the Dudley's, RVD, Dreamer (possibly), Raven, Rhino and Taz all being former ECW alums signed to TNA wrestling and with the new wave of mainstream talent like Joe, Styles and Homicide, Heyman could do WONDERS for TNA. But one has to wonder how Heyman would do under Hogan and Bischoff's watch.

Comment

^ good post... Heyman would be very good for TNA

JR might be nice for them too but i just don't wanna see it. If he's interested in announcing still, WWE needs to let him. If he wants to work finding talent and that sorta stuff, he should just stay in WWE.

Don't really care about Tommy Dreamer
      GO CUBS

I make rappers cry, onions
      You can't walk in my shoes, bunions

Comment

this^
        http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/3100/spshitll0.png
        King $hit^^

Originally posted by grizzyp
        bootlegging is gods gift to us poor people sick of buying shitty cds

Comment

I dont see J.R. going to TNA, he would be able to help them but if he stays in wrestling, why not just stick with the WWE at this point, he has nothing left to prove.

reports are now saying that he may go to HDNet, which is interesting and supports the idea he wants to venture out of wrestling, but would be to good to be true....

In the new Observer, Meltzer lists HDnet as a potential landing place for Jim Ross, possibly working MMA and ROH, also mentioning that Jim Cornette has pushed the network to pursue Ross. Obviously, he also points out that Ross signing with HDnet is quite unlikely, given that WWE can offer more money and TNA is higher profile.
          Jim Ross old school style would fit in perfectly with ROH.

As for Heyman, if they can get him, give him full creative control and get rid of Russo...I think the creative juices are still there, he could easily set TNA on the right path to putting on a product that none of us would want to miss.

Tommy Dreamer, really? REALLY?? lol I see him joining TNA for sure, easy cash.

Comment

They need to either have Heyman or Ross i understand pursuing them both so they can at least get one but having them both working creatively behind the scenes just makes no sense their styles would clash and end up with a worse product.

Comment

^I don't think J.R. ever worked for creative, he did work for a long time as Talent Relations.

Comment

Originally posted by Balzter View Post
                I dont see J.R. going to TNA, he would be able to help them but if he stays in wrestling, why not just stick with the WWE at this point, he has nothing left to prove.

reports are now saying that he may go to HDNet, which is interesting and supports the idea he wants to venture out of wrestling, but would be to good to be true....

Jim Ross old school style would fit in perfectly with ROH.

As for Heyman, if they can get him, give him full creative control and get rid of Russo...I think the creative juices are still there, he could easily set TNA on the right path to putting on a product that none of us would want to miss.

Tommy Dreamer, really? REALLY?? lol I see him joining TNA for sure, easy cash.
                Nice Miz reference!

Comment

if J.T signs he can go to hell
                  Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/The_Real_ATone

Comment

it would be great move for tna
                    i just dont see it happing tho
                    just gonna have to wait and see

Comment

Originally posted by Metaphysical View Post
                      Nice Miz reference!

Really? REALLY?? > I'm Awesome