HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raw discussion 2/07/11: Vinny Mac is Back!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw discussion 2/07/11: Vinny Mac is Back!

The following is a new tweet from the official Twitter page of WWE:

"WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon returns to WWE TV tonight to begin Monday Night Raw live at 9/8 CT on USA Network!"

Follow more WWE tweets on Twitter @ WWE.

Also I thought I'd post this here cuz I found it interesting..There's an article on wrestlezone about future stars of the WWE and who he thinks will succeed, and who he thinks won't. I think he's spot on for most of these..I'll copy and paste here, but the link's at the bottom if you wanna check it out yourself.

First he lists some people he thinks WON'T suceed as top stars in the future, here those are first

The Miz - Let me get this one over with right out of the gate. I am not proclaiming in any way, shape or form that the Miz will or should be fired anytime soon. In fact, I think the Miz will be a WWE superstar for a long time to come. But not at the position Vince and company are trying to push him at currently. He's an improved worker in the ring. He is entertaining and believable on the mic. He is easy to hate. But he's NOT a talent worthy of Heavyweight Championship status. True champions should be "larger than life" and the Miz simply isn't that. It's not because of his size as I don't think that's a required factor, but if my girlfriend thinks she could take the Miz in a streetfight, then he's doing something wrong. Perception is reality and this writer doesn't perceive the Miz as a legit draw at the top of any wrestling company, much less the WWE.

John Morrison - His tricks are creative, innovative and definitely fun to watch, but the mid-card is where Morrison will (and should) stay. Character can't be taught and when you're on top of every tv show and pay per view, the lack of character is almost impossible to hide.

Daniel Bryan - He's a star in ROH. Enough said.

Cody Rhodes - Maybe Rey Mysterio hand-picked him for a match at WrestleMania, but the fans certainly did not.

Mason Ryan (Wildcard) - All signs point to him being a future top star due to his overwhelming resemblance to former WWE star, Batista. But looks are where the similarities end. I'm sorry to disappoint those of you who miss "The Animal" and hoped that this could be a second coming. It's not.

Now on to the list of stars this writer feels have bright futures ahead of them!

5. Shameus

He should be headlining WrestleMania this year, but a loss to a returning Triple H seems more likely a this point. It's unfortunate, too. Sheamus seemed primed and ready for a breakout year in 2010, but his train got derailed somewhere along the way. His recent King of the Ring crowning and the fact that WWE refuses to bury him completely proves to me that Sheamus is a mainstay in the WWE and will continue to be so in the future. 2011: the year of resurrection for King Sheamus!

4. Wade Barrett

The group may be announcing it every chance they get, but let me assure you - the Corre is not equal. Far from it. Wade Barrett is the only one of the four with a remote possibility of going somewhere in the WWE (Justin Gabriel will likely stick around for a while though). Barrett is simply missing one good rub and/or a lengthy title run to reach that next level. The best thing for his career (at least in 2011) would be for Sting to return and take his spot opposite the Undertaker at WrestleMania.

3. Alberto Del Rio

He has everything going for him including the support of Vince McMahon, which is always most important. Plus, his ethnicity definitely doesn't hurt either. From a business standpoint, Del Rio becoming the next big Hispanic star of the WWE makes sense. The fantastic part of this scenario is that Del Rio has the talent to back it up. He's entertaining and believable (there's that word again). But you already knew that.

2. Dolph Ziggler

He's not there yet, but he will be. He already had the look of the late, great Curt Hennig, but his Royal Rumble match with Edge certainly proved to me that he has the ability too. Now, he needs the personality. Ziggler has what it takes, but being packaged with horrible gimmicks and loud, overshadowing mouthpieces have limited his ability to get over on his own. Break him loose of Vickie and give him a constant stream of good programs to work. Over time, he'll find a rhythm in character.

And last my not least...my wildcard pick for "Most Likely To Succeed">>>

1. Ted Dibiase Jr.

Woah, what!?!

I know what you're thinking. In no way is this guy serious, right? It's fine and I understand why you may feel that way, but I am dead serious. When the WWE teased a physical confrontation between DiBiase and Randy Orton while both were members of Legacy, DiBiase proved that with the right timing and storyline, the fans could and would view him as a top star.

Only Vince knows why they decided to pull the plug on DiBiase's face turn and push, but there's still time for the 28 year old superstar to make his mark in wrestling. And I believe it will happen sooner rather than later.

I agree that all these guys will be top stars in the WWE for a while, only one that's un sure of is Dibiase Jr. and I think he has what it takes, it's just a question of whether or not the WWE will use him the right way. As far as who he thinks won't make it, I disagree on Mason Ryan and potentially Daniel Brian and John Morrison, although its hard to say..He could be right about those too.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/editorial...succeed-123197

Comment

Why do you guys go on that shitty site????

I'm reading this and then I get to this...(and I won't bother to read the rest)

Originally posted by Kon View Post
      Daniel Bryan - He's a star in ROH. Enough said.
      He's a star in ROH.....he WAS back in 2009 maybe, now he's a WWE Superstar and employee.

Enough said?

CM Punk...Enough said.

I think it's time to just maybe bookmark another wrestling news site
      Last edited by Balzter; 02-07-2011, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Well what are some better wrestling sites then? I've been going there for like 10 years so it's just more a habit now than anything..But I think it's a good place, good enough for getting my wrestling news.

and yea he kinda slacked on the Daniel Bryan explanation. But I think most of what he said is about right..Doesn't mean everything he said is the way it SHOULD be, but more likely just the way it WILL be.

Comment

...slacking could be an excuse, or maybe the dude's simply just a bias retarded fanboy.

i use www.lordsofpain.net, then again i don't really read the columns anymore...but hopefully none of the editors have arguments like "he's an ROH star, nuff said."

Comment

I want Wade Barrett and Dolph Ziggler to fail and wind up on Superstars full time

I want Miz, Alberto Del Rio, and Daniel Bryan to be top guys from the last
            GO CUBS

I make rappers cry, onions
            You can't walk in my shoes, bunions

Comment

to the WWE bringing out the 2008 footage to explain Punk vs. Orton

Comment

I bet this guest host of Wrestlemania will be The Rock.

Not sure how great of an idea it is to have a host for wrestlemania though...Gonna be kinda weird.

Comment

Cm punk is a bloody MONSTER!
                  WOO WOO WOO, You Know it!

Comment

Did that loser not see the Heel John Morrison? He was full of character! Fuck this mysterious guy's opinion.

Comment

God damn do I fucking hate hearing Cole.

Comment

ROFL @ R truth

Comment

Isn't WWE still supposed to have no blood nowadays? That must have been an accident.

Comment

Originally posted by Kon View Post
                            I bet this guest host of Wrestlemania will be The Rock.
                            Not sure how great of an idea it is to have a host for wrestlemania though...Gonna be kinda weird.
                            Didn't even cross my mind when he said it but I think you're right. They're announcing it in LA next week, Fast Five comes out a few weeks after WM, and The Rock just made that facebook post a week ago or whatever. It's gotta be.
                            GO CUBS

I make rappers cry, onions
                            You can't walk in my shoes, bunions

Comment

" you got soft in your old age" lmao

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post