Book Wrestlemania 27 - for Kon :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Wrestlemania 27 - for Kon :)

...ok so I said "that card is not worth the price they are charging" talking about the Wrestlemania card, which IMO is a poorly thrown together card that's not really worthy of Mania moniker or the PPV price...

So I'ma book my own card, a better put together card...have a bit of fantasy booking fun!

in the meantime, book your fantasy (but realistic) card...

The main event, which is the vehicule you build your whole PPV around, so last 2 years the WWE has really made "the streak" from the Undertaker a brand a trademark of Wrestlemania, with HBK they were able to steal the show 2 years in a row. So the question is, who is next to test the Undertaker? While the rumours of Sting were fun and a fantastic idea as it would have the dream match feeling that would make Mania special, but that's not happening. So who on the entire WWE roster has never faced Taker at Mania and who would pose a legitimate threat to the streak? One man and that's John Cena. The Taker vs. HHH match is a last resort match IMO and that's not right for such a huge event, and since the Undertaker is getting progressively old and might not have many more of these in him...make it happen before it's too late!!

Imagine the Undertaker's legendary streak vs. the immense popularity of Cena...Super Cena vs. the Phenom! Just teasing that Cena might possibly be the one to end the streak would piss off so many people, having Cena promise and guarantee every week leading to the match that he WILL defeat Undertaker at Wrestlemania would create tremendeous buzz. Also I think it would be a fresh idea to remove Cena from yet another WWE Title match, he's passed that. There is nothing wrong with a face vs. face match in your main event.

MAIN EVENT - The Streak is on the line
    Undertaker vs. John Cena

The WWE Title match, while a lot of people may like the Miz and what he has been doing, I have heard my fair share of opinions about how the Miz is not really champion material and doesn't really come off as a main eventer. While my opinion stands kinda in the middle, I think the WWE does a deceivingly good job and making Miz look like he is a strong world champion but more then anything it's an illusion with smart storyline booking. Anyway, I couldn't care less to see him in a WWE Title match because I know that his character is PG regurgitation and his in work is just plain forgettable.

So in my booking, Miz would of never won his MITB shot against Orton. No matter how boring people thought Orton was as champion, it takes time and patience to make a champion strong, especially a babyface with an anti-hero edge. Randy Orton entering Mania as champion would be so ideal, he's been your most consistent worker in and outside of the ring, the WWE Title deserves a better match. This is where mister CM Punk enters, now your telling yourself this match is happening already! Yes it is but it should of been for the WWE Title, if you look at the current WWE roster the choice of challengers at Mania are non-existant (which is a big problem). While a lot of people thought it was great that Alberto Del Rio won the Royal Rumble (as I did) I knew that the WWE would come on weak with their build for Del Rio on his road for his world title match...you have to admit that it's missing a lot of heat, it's a flat feud. But CM Punk winning the Rumble with the aid of the New Nexus, Punk who's probably the most consistent worker in the WWE using his great promo skills to hype his title shot against Orton, would be gold! The storyline is already there with their past.

WWE World Title Match
    Randy Orton (ch) vs. CM Punk
    Aight so I really like the match we are getting with Edge vs. Alberto, on paper it looks like it will be a good match (maybe MOTN) but like I mentioned above, they may have pulled the trigger a bit to early with Alberto Del Rio. And I think they might have done the same with The Miz, going into Mania as champion may have not been the best idea for Miz. Plus John Cena is not known for carrying guys that need to be carried, but Edge has a great track record for having a solid in-ring work rate. So what do you think of after the Royal Rumble when Miz fails to win it, he announces on RAW he's cashing his MITB title shot AT MANIA versus the other champion. I know the chemistry between Edge and Miz would be more explosive and entertaining, actually think Edge (who's witty) would bring out the best out of Miz. And I love the idea of Miz waiting a full year to cash in his shot, it's literally a year of improvement for him, with Mania being the moment where he takes it to another level. Shit, for the heck of it, you have Christian inserted in here due to Alex Riley and you have both men in their corner at Mania. Foreshadowing a future feud between Christian and Edge, that's what I'm talking about...what?!?

World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Edge (ch) vs. The Miz
    Now, I like the special attraction match they are doing with Cole vs. Lawler, very well done, best angle going into Mania (yikes!!!!!!!!). So that remains as is, maybe have Swagger wrestle somewhere else on the card and add J.R. in Lawlers corner.

THE WAR OF WORDS
    Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole (Stone Cold special referee)
    You know what I love, storylines being continued and having finality to them. HHH returning and burying Sheamus is weak, very weak...the worse part is that I think having this match as a lower end main event would be such a nice add to the card. I mean, Triple H disappears for a year after getting taken out by Sheamus...his return should of been revolving around him. You need a good blood feud match for your card, and this is it. You make this No Disqualification and you have Triple H attempt to get Sheamus over, somehow...

No Disqualification Match
    Triple H vs. Sheamus

Let's get some title matches into this bitch, it's very important to have title matches. Some of you may see this as a downgrade for Alberto Del Rio but I think all future world champions need a mid-card reign under your belt. By the end of 2011 or early 2012, Del Rio should be champion but there is no reason to rush it and why not give him some experience under his belt as I.C. champion. So Kofi Kingston is a super babyface, the perfect opponent for Alberto who's uber heel, people will gringe at Mania when he wins the belt. I think the I.C. Title would look damn good on Alberto Del Rio, maybe bring back some old school heel prestige to the belt when he makes everyone tap to his cross armbar.

Intercontinental Title Match
    Kofi Kingston (ch) vs. Alberto Del Rio

Now to my boy Daniel Brian, who technically should still be U.S. Champion because they shouldn't have him lose it to a former 2 time champion, makes no sense. So my goal here would be, best possible match I can book, preferably a heel obviously. Who has been his best opponent in the past year, that's Dolph Ziggler who shouldn't be a 1 time World champion with a reign of 15 minutes, just lame. IT'S IMPERATIVE that the mid-card of this PPV is solid and delivers just enough to make you want more. It's almost as important as the top of card, maybe not for advertising the PPV but for when the actual show happens, make people talk about the whole show the day after.

U.S. Title Match
    Daniel Bryan (ch.) vs. Dolph Ziggler
    God the WWE has no tag teams for tag title match, it makes it impossible to book anything, but to maybe bring in the Nexus feud in here. The below match would make some sense.

WWE World Tag Titles Match - New Nexus vs. Corre
    Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater (ch.) vs. Michael McGullicutty & Husky Harris
    Like I said before, let's continue the storylines and finish them...you know how the Undertaker got buried alive by Kane with the help of (old) Nexus. Well you can have on RAW Undertaker take care of Kane quickly, but I think it's time to tell us why Wade Barrett and Nexus helped Kane do what they did...now I'm not going try to find a reasoning (that can be a little game for you all, why did they help Kane) but let's just say that Wade Barrett confronts Kane and says that he "owes them" , which would lead into a feud. Now this is where you add a bunch of wrestlers so they can get their Mania paychecks, a multi man tag match.

8 Man Tag Team Match
    Wade Barrett, Ezekiel Jackson, Drew McIntyre & Cody Rhodes
    vs.
    Kane, Big Show, R-Truth & Evan Bourne
    Here is four guys that I would love to put somewhere else on the card, but they have had no direction really lately, or pushes and then getting dropped in inter-gender Mania matches, so this is better. Develop some kind of storyline for this feud, maybe for a number 1 contender match to replace the MITB shot given at mania. This would be a great opener by the way.

Fatal Four Way Elimination
    Rey Mysterio vs. John Morrison vs. Jack Swagger vs. Ted DiBiase Jr.

Now my favorite booking move, you know how the Divas division is so damn boring you want to kill yourself. Well spice it up, make a bang! So Eve as champion isn't working, you need to have Gail Kim win the Divas Title. Then you need some kind of manager, first person to come to mind, Jimmy Hart to confront Gail and tell her that "shes" coming to the WWE next week and she will take on all of the Divas. So the next week you have Hart introduce AMAZING KONG! She defeats almost every Divas in a gauntlet match and then challenges Gail Kim to a match at Mania.

Divas Title Match
    Gail Kim (ch.) vs. Amazing Kong
    The other Divas match can be something like this...

Divas Mania Match
    Beth Phoenix, Natalys & Snookie vs. Michelle McCool, Layla & Vickie
    Now for the special Mania match, a teaser, a debut for all debuts, imagine making the statement that you will debut a new wrestler AT Mania, that's huge...so....

Special Debut Match
    Sin Cara vs. Chavo Guerrero
    P.S. I didn't put the Rock anywhere, but I'd probably have him show up after the main event and have a face to face with Cena.
    Last edited by Balzter; 03-16-2011, 03:03 PM.

John Morrison, Trish Stratus and Snooki b. Lay-Cool and Dolph Ziggler
    Stratusfaction for the pinfall on McCool

Dashing Cody Rhodes b. Rey Mysterio
    Cross Rhodes followed by hooking the tights and feet on the rops for the pinfall

CM Punk b. Randy Orton
    GTS off a distracted Randy Orton from New New Nexus members

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
    The Miz [c] vs. John Cena
    A Ri interferes mid match but gets hit with an attitude adjustment. Later Rock comes out to distract Cena when his music hits and he stands on the ramp. Miz goes for the skull crushing finale but Cena counters and locks in the STF for the submission and a new WWE champion. Rock walks off.

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
    Edge [c] vs. Alberto Del Rio v Christian
    Edge taps to Del Rio for the NEW World Heavyweight Champion

NO HOLDS BARRED MATCH
    The Undertaker vs. Triple H
    Who gives a shit?

MAIN EVENT
    Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Michael Cole w/ Jack Swagger
    Special Referee: Stone Cold Steve Austin
    Michael Cole puts up a valiant effort until JR comes out mid match. Swagger takes care of the old man but out of nowhere STUNNER on swagger. I CAME TO PLAY Miz and A Ri storm the ring and beat down Austin. A pissed off Miz puts on the referee shirt when all of a sudden Rock comes in and cleans house. Rock puts on the referee shirt but is met with a low blow by Michael Cole. Rock throws the match out and all hell breaks loose when Cena storms the ring and challenges Rock to a match for the WWE title right now! An announcment goes off and says Cole is in the match too because Rock cost him his Main Event oppurtunity, but here it is again. Cole wins somehow and closes Wrestlemania as WWE Champion. I jizz my pants as Mathews screams COLE WINS COLE WINS COLE WINS.

Comment

check out the guy who totally didnt get the point of this thread.

Comment

First name wins

i made this in 5 minutes :/

King vs Cole
        (same as it is now just to end the feud)

Corre vs Nexus

IC title ladder match
        Evan Bourne vs Drew McIntyre vs Kofi Kingston vs Cody Rhodes vs Ted DiBiase
        (filler match)

US Title Match
        Daniel Bryan VS John Morrison VS Dolph Ziggler

Wade Barrett vs The Big Show
        (Barrett wins clean no corre help)

Alberto Del Rio vs Rey Mysterio
        (Sin Cara Debuts when ADR puts Rey in the armbar saves Rey then take him out himself)

HHH vs Sheamus
        (idealy HHH wouldnt have already buried Sheamus)

World Heavywight Championship
        Christian vs Edge

WWE Title
        Miz vs CM Punk

John Cena vs The Rock

Undertaker vs Sting (kinda out there but what ever)
        Last edited by djledd; 03-15-2011, 09:57 PM.

Comment

posted in original post my card, here's a shorter version, in order of how the card would go...

MAIN EVENT - The Streak is on the line
          Undertaker vs. John Cena

WWE World Title Match
          Randy Orton (ch) vs. CM Punk

World Heavyweight Championship Match
          Edge (ch) vs. The Miz

THE WAR OF WORDS
          Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole (Stone Cold special referee)

No Disqualification Match
          Triple H vs. Sheamus

Intercontinental Title Match
          Kofi Kingston (ch) vs. Alberto Del Rio

U.S. Title Match
          Daniel Bryan (ch.) vs. Dolph Ziggler

WWE World Tag Titles Match - New Nexus vs. Corre
          Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater (ch.) vs. Michael McGullicutty & Husky Harris

Divas Title Match
          Gail Kim (ch.) vs. Amazing Kong

8 Man Tag Team Match
          Wade Barrett, Ezekiel Jackson, Drew McIntyre & Cody Rhodes
          vs.
          Kane, Big Show, R-Truth & Evan Bourne

Special Debut Match
          Sin Cara vs. Chavo Guerrero

Divas Mania Match
          Beth Phoenix, Natalys & Snookie vs. Michelle McCool, Layla & Vickie

Fatal Four Way Elimination
          Rey Mysterio vs. John Morrison vs. Jack Swagger vs. Ted DiBiase Jr.
          a lot of matches for sure, its 4 hour PPV but quite a few of them shouldn't be more the 10 minutes with others going around 15 minutes.

as for winners....

-Undertaker wins obviously, adds a new generation superstar to his streak list, previous two years he added a legend, so this would definitely make his streak more valid then ever.

-CM Punk wins!! Yes sir, Punk the heel wins at Mania, get's his "retribution" on Orton obviously without some shady tactics on his part.

-Miz...loses! Edge deserves a Mania win with his career coming to end soon enough...no reason to rush Miz, he needs some of the current superstars to rub off on him.

-Lawler wins of course, everyone is happy.

-Triple H wins, ends his feud with Sheamus.

-Alberto Del Rio wins via submission to become NEW I.C. Champ.

-Daniel Bryan retains, only to lose the belt to somebody else the next night on RAW capping off a pretty decent run.

-Gabriel and Slater retain the Tag Belts.

-Kane, Big Show, R-Truth & Evan Bourne win the 8-Man tag after Kane pins Barrett.

-John Morrison wins the fatal 4 way, earns himself a World Title match.

-Amazing Kong wins the Divas Title, scraps it the next night and debuts her own title belt.

-Beth Phoenix, Natalys & Snookie win and do something humiliating to Vickie.

-Sin Cara wins.
          Last edited by Balzter; 03-16-2011, 03:05 PM.

Comment

I wanna see Vickie Guerrero "Hog Splash" Snooki.

Comment

Squidge is SO fucking dumb.
              Phillies.....Greatest rotation in history

1-0

Comment

Nice card Balzter. Lots of good ideas, with many of them being better than what WWE went with. I think they're likely saving Cena/Taker for next year's mania though since that'd be Taker's 20th win and (hopefully) his last match by that point.

Also, I agree the Del Rio/Edge feud has been very flat, but they should still deliver a good match at Mania. I'm starting to agree that Del Rio's push may have been a little too early, Punk winning the Rumble and then facing Orton for the title definitley would have made more sense and been a better feud for the title. It's hard to say how Miz/Edge would have been though, since I'm not sure if they've ever even worked together so not sure how the chemistry there would be.

The lower half of your card especially though is much better than WWE's version. The 4 way elimination match would be the perfect opener to the PPV, Sin Cara making his debut at Mania would make sense too, and the Ziggler/Daniel Bryan match would steal the show..The tag title match makes more sense too.

Well thought out Balz, nice card.

Comment

Don't Forget Long Island Iced Z
                  WOO WOO WOO, You Know it!

Comment

i would have a legends battle royal with guys like doink, skinner, and other 90s jobbers in it. then have the one guy that can hardly walk win it...like the iron sheik.

oh wait, that already happened?
                    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Indianapolis Colts

XBox Live Tag:
                    GlazedJasonMask

Comment

Jerry Lawler vs Brian Christopher

Comment

Undertaker vs John Cena

This is a Main Event. HHH vs UT has already happened & nobody wants to see it again. Not only that, WWE is acting like it doesn't exist. Fail
                        Edge vs Alberto Del Rio vs Christian
                        Throw Christian in here. Please!
                        John Morrison vs The Miz
                        John Morrison should have won the rumble. A Vet Super Cena doesn't need to be chasing after the title
                        Randy Orton vs CM Punk
                        I'm glad this is a real match. This will steal the show
                        HHH vs Sheamus
                        This had the perfect build. I guess HHH is too big to get revenge on sheamus, the man who almost ended his career, at Wrestlemania. Ha
                        Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler (IC and U.S Title on the Line)
                        Daniel Bryan losing his Title was pointless. This fantasy match could just as could or better than the Angle/Benoit/Jericho Triple Threat match
                        Cody Rhodes vs Rey
                        I'm loving the Cody Rhodes Character. I think this will be a great match. Rhodes is ready to goto Raw. Ted should be ready to be traded for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kon View Post
                          Nice card Balzter. Lots of good ideas, with many of them being better than what WWE went with. I think they're likely saving Cena/Taker for next year's mania though since that'd be Taker's 20th win and (hopefully) his last match by that point.
                          Also, I agree the Del Rio/Edge feud has been very flat, but they should still deliver a good match at Mania. I'm starting to agree that Del Rio's push may have been a little too early, Punk winning the Rumble and then facing Orton for the title definitley would have made more sense and been a better feud for the title. It's hard to say how Miz/Edge would have been though, since I'm not sure if they've ever even worked together so not sure how the chemistry there would be.
                          The lower half of your card especially though is much better than WWE's version. The 4 way elimination match would be the perfect opener to the PPV, Sin Cara making his debut at Mania would make sense too, and the Ziggler/Daniel Bryan match would steal the show..The tag title match makes more sense too.
                          Well thought out Balz, nice card.
                          thing is with Taker/Cena...Undertaker is geting old and now more then ever he seems to be in real bad shape...so will he even be capable next year? pull the trigger when you can.

Originally posted by VIPeterson View Post
                          Undertaker vs John Cena

Edge vs Alberto Del Rio vs Christian

John Morrison vs The Miz

Randy Orton vs CM Punk

HHH vs Sheamus

Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler (IC and U.S Title on the Line)

Cody Rhodes vs Rey
                          i think Miz/Morrison would of been better too but not with Miz as champion, he's just not good enough to be champion...you know what I hate about the WWE and someone like Miz...the false nicknames/catchphrases...like Miz saying he's the "most must watch champion" in WWE history, its a plain out lie...just look below for facts;

In the segment breakdown, The Rock's segment with the fake John Cena opened the show with a 3.80 rating. The interview with The Miz and his match with The Great Khali lost 386,000 viewers, another decline for The Miz since being pushed as WWE Champion.

The 15 minute overrun with the main event of Alberto Del Rio vs. John Cena and the attack from The Miz lost 270,000 viewers, falling to a 3.59 rating. Considering that Cena is a solid ratings draw, this can be seen as a negative sign for The Miz and/or Del Rio. The last 5 minutes of that 15 minute overrun did come back and gain 290,000 viewers. This could be attributed to people tuning into the USA Network for their next show because RAW usually isn't on at 11:15pm.
                          everytime Miz is on TV he loses viewers....

Must watch? nope apparently not...

the Rock says hes the most electrifying because he is...
                          Stone Cold was called the baddest SOB because he was...
                          HBK was called the main event and the showstopper cause he did...
                          Bret was called the best there was, is, ever will be because he was...

Comment

mine was the best

Comment

What a fucking mark ^
                              Phillies.....Greatest rotation in history

1-0

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post