Sony PSP...!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony PSP...!!!!!

First of all I wanna make this clear : I wasn't a big Sony fan...until yesterday.

I got the PSP yesterday, and it is awesome. The graphics are crazy, its hard to believe that I'm playing a handheld videogame. The game I have right now (Ridge Racers) is certainly on par with any racing game on the Playstation 2. I was expecting good graphics, but not so similar to the PS2. Some really cool titles I'm looking forward to are Grand Theft Auto, The Godfather, FIFA, Tiger Woods, Wipeout Pure....and a few more. If you go to gamespot.com and read their previews/reviews for games even they seem surprised with what the PSP can do. The game also runs very smoothly......certainly crossed my expectations.

Since I have the DS also, I can safely say Sony PSP > Nintendo DS......but ofcourse these are early days, maybe more games will help me reach a different decision (But I highly doubt it....). But from the first impression, PSP > DS.....without a doubt.

Last edited by BiSONN; 03-19-2005, 02:09 AM.

How's the battery life ?

Comment

what about the battery life the 30 minute thing makes me not want to buy it.
      Take each day one step at a time.

Comment

When I charged it 100%...it said battery remaing 7 hours (6:55' to be precise). Thats good enough.

Comment

hell yeah it is why is everyone saying it only lasts 30 mintues stupid anti Sony people I am definetly going to buy one now. I am really glad I didn't buy the ds when everyone else did talk about outdated technology.
          Take each day one step at a time.

Comment

^ Go for it man, you wont regret it

Comment

How'd you get it so early? Import? I'm planning on getting it on release in the US.
              -M

Comment

^ Yeah, got the Japanese one. But the console is the same, has both the languages..but the fucking game's menu (Ridge Racers) is Japanese or Chinese...or whatever it is. That bit sucks but I know my way around the game now........waiting for the U.S release so I can buy more games.

Comment

Yeah mite get one if the price drops.
                  won't pay more for it than $200
                  and i'm still playing my DS so not looking out for this at all
                  RIP PROOF
                  You're Chilling With Bugz Now. You'll Be Missed But Never Forgotten

R-mean: BROKEN WATER
                  Check out the site for samples!
                  R
                  !!PENTAGON!!

Comment

I have a serious question:

How does the lack of a second input method on the right side of the system affect the ability to play games? I realize that Ridge Racer is a bad example since it only requires a single input, but I have major concerns over how a FPS will control and also how a game with a dynamic camera (Think Zelda or Mario type game) will control. How about the loading times? I've seen that these can be up to 30 seconds for a title screen to show up. How is it on Ridge Racer? I'm also curious about actual battery life. The indicator is a very poor way to determine how long it will ACTUALLY last, so I'm kinda wondering how much play you can get out of this thing before it needs a charge. I've read some pretty low figures and IGN did a complete test on their site.

Personally, I won't buy this since I didn't really enjoy what the PS2 had to offer. This is just more of the same-old same-old from Sony. Pandering to the mass market in my opinion. If this would have brought something new to the table I would be a lot more open to it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Un-American
                      Personally, I won't buy this since I didn't really enjoy what the PS2 had to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by ssf4life
                        ??? Shocked? I've come to expect more from a game than blood raining from the heavens. I need a tight control experience first and foremost and Sony has been very, very lacking in this regard. I don't see this changing with the PSP since they neglected to put an input method on the right hand side of the system. That's just poor layout and poor planning. It's been going on since the first PlayStation. The controls just aren't responsive enough and they certainly aren't precise enough. They are huge behemoth sticks that can accidentally be pressed down causing unwanted things to happen. Again, just poor planning. Sony really needs to overhaul their controller this time around.

Comment

Im gettin the Japenese one... It cost like $300-$350..... Ppl better not be walkin wit that out or take it to school... Cause they gonna get robbed.......
                          NEW YORK GIANTS...
                          STFU!!!

Comment

How does the lack of a second input method on the right side of the system affect the ability to play games? I realize that Ridge Racer is a bad example since it only requires a single input, but I have major concerns over how a FPS will control and also how a game with a dynamic camera (Think Zelda or Mario type game) will control.
                            I see your point, and it's a good one. The PSP does have a D-Pad and a joystick but they're both on the same side. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out while playing a FPS. I guess the only way I'll find out is when I play one.

How about the loading times? I've seen that these can be up to 30 seconds for a title screen to show up. How is it on Ridge Racer?
                            Nah, loading aint a problem it doesnt take too much time. Like a normal game on XBOX or PS2 would take. It's not something that would irritate you, atleast not while playing Ridge Racers because thats the only game I can make a comment on right now.

I'm also curious about actual battery life. The indicator is a very poor way to determine how long it will ACTUALLY last, so I'm kinda wondering how much play you can get out of this thing before it needs a charge. I've read some pretty low figures and IGN did a complete test on their site.
                            The battery is good. When charged a 100% it shows 7 hours, but that aint gonna be with gameplay. But I've been playing my PSP quite a lot, fer long stretches without charging it....and it's been goin well. I haven't had low battery problem even once, so I'm guessing it'll actually be 4 - 4.5 hours, which I think is quite good.

Personally, I won't buy this since I didn't really enjoy what the PS2 had to offer. This is just more of the same-old same-old from Sony. Pandering to the mass market in my opinion. If this would have brought something new to the table I would be a lot more open to it.
                            I dont know about that man. Playing hand-held games with the graphics that are being offered is a whole new experience. You will not expect such graphics. I was surprised while playing Ridge Racers that everything looked so good. The road, the clouds....every small detail. There are some very good titles coming out on the PSP. Playing games like GTA/Godfather on a hand-held will be crazy.

Comment

I think with FPS we get a control skeme used in the nintendo 64.
                              like at the turok game
                              you looked around with your analog and moved with the C buttons
                              but then again the 64 had more buttons to change weapons etc.
                              It's obvious that the DS controls for FPS is superior to the PSP.
                              but then again the PSP might be superior to 3d adventures platforms with the analog(not that i care the psp doesnt have mario, zelda games etc)

in the end the psp and the ds are totally diffrent and both will offer very diffrent gaming experience. so it's actually stupid to compare these 2 with each other.
                              RIP PROOF
                              You're Chilling With Bugz Now. You'll Be Missed But Never Forgotten

R-mean: BROKEN WATER
                              Check out the site for samples!
                              R
                              !!PENTAGON!!

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 11:58 AM
                              0 responses