HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iwata talks up Revolution specs, controller...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iwata talks up Revolution specs, controller...

TOKYO--In a recent interview with Nikkei Business, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata revealed a bit more about the "Revolution" next-generation console, offering hints on how it will make game creation easier for developers and how it will "allow users to experience games in ways that nobody has yet imagined."

Reflecting on his Game Developers Conference keynote address, Iwata said the Revolution came in for more positive reviews from developers than he had anticipated. Pointing out that development costs continue to rise, developers have expressed concern about creating games for the console. Iwata said Nintendo will do everything it can to lower the costs, and he revealed that one of the solutions is that Revolution will use the same application program interfaces (APIs) as the GameCube.

Iwata then switched the conversation from software to hardware, saying that one way Nintendo hopes to grow the user base is by making the Revolution gamepad more user-friendly for nongamers.

"Controllers for current consoles have more than doubled [in complexity] from older consoles. They may satisfy the hardcore gamers, but they've become too difficult for more casual gamers," Iwata said. When elaborating on the Revolution's controller, Iwata used the phrase "user interface" and avoided the word "controller" to describe the Revolution's input device. A recent magazine article sparked widespread speculation that the Revolution's controller would feature no buttons other than a DS-style touch screen.

"For the next-generation console, we plan to introduce a friendly user interface so that, for example, a mother who's watching her child playing a game might say, 'Oh, I'd like to try that too.' However, user interfaces are devices that can be easily imitated by other companies, so I can't reveal any details right now," he said.

Iwata went on to restate that the Revolution will use wireless LAN capability. Iwata said he hopes the Revolution will put an end to the need for consumers to have highly technical skills to play games online. His comments appeared to confirm that Nintendo's next-generation console will indeed feature online play, something he carefully avoided saying explicitly during this GDC keynote address.

Using the DS as an example, Iwata said Nintendo made sure its users didn't have to understand the technical aspects in using the handheld's wireless LAN capabilities. "The next-generation console will follow along that same line as the DS [for wireless LAN]. The ideal is for users to be able to connect to the Internet without having to think about it," Iwata said.

Source

My Question : Do you think Nintendo is concentrating too hard on non-gamers? How do you think this could affect them...?

Comment

They said it will actrect both non gamers and hardcvore gamers...So i dont kno , u already kno I trust nintendo
      Now, my oral demonstration be like clitoral stimulation
      to the female gender, ain't nothin better
      Let me know when it's wet enough to enter

Comment

Yeah, I bet they aint stupid enough to forget the best interests of hardcore gamers, I guess they just wanna attract more people and there's nothing wrong in expanding your market. I must say that Nintendo is the only company that actually attracts non-gamers as well, but I just dont want them drifting too much in this direction. I love (and hate) it how Nintendo has remained so damn mysterious, that's why I'm looking forward to see their console the most.

Comment

YEa I have absolutely no idead hwt its all about....They always keep things myserious...Especially with zelda games,, I mean give us the fucking title, nothing wrong with that,,,but anywhay u got to understand that non-gamers are a huge gap for a game company to invest in...All the other gaps are alreay taken or over-used...So This is a smart mopve fot them to invest in anew market

Comment

^ I agree, it's a smart move. They've always stuck with this policy. I guess this is why some people falsely label them as childish, it's because their games are aimed towards everyone. Gotta respect them for sticking with and bringing their policy to The Revolution as well.....things are about to get very interesting.

Comment

yup...i'm kinda short in money lately and i'm planning to go on holiday with a couple of mates but becuase nintendo always keeps it productes buyable for people who don't swim in money I will be able to buy the rev as well.....

Comment

However, user interfaces are devices that can be easily imitated by other companies, so I can't reveal any details right now,"

So treu

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Bynarden, 02-19-2021, 10:43 AM
                2 responses